Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yea that's the big one I only had the driver assistance package not the extended package

So I have the comfort seats, hud and HK stereo.
But all the other teck stuff I'm lacking,

Led headlights, the auto cruise control and surround view and that good stuff don't have.

I know I want to install the

Led headlights,
The camera for the auto cruise and auto braking with Speed limit max on HUD
Surround view

Just to name a few.
You can do the lights without the stalk and HBA, just don't add 5AC to your FA when you code, this way you can wait to do the windshield and KAFAS when you're ready to do the speed limit and other cameras.
ACC can be retrofitted, you need KAFAS, and with your options you'll need to likely replace the ICM but based on your model (40e?) you may be fine with your DSC unit.
Speed limit will require an FSC code after you've retrofitted the camera, you can also add lane departure with an FSC code as well I believe.
Cool!

Yea I'm retrofitting a whole bunch of stuff to my TT !
My wife walked out and saw all the seats removed and carpet and just shook her head, gotta run wires somehow!

The x5 will be next!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #24
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Cool!

Yea I'm retrofitting a whole bunch of stuff to my TT !
My wife walked out and saw all the seats removed and carpet and just shook her head, gotta run wires somehow!

The x5 will be next!
haha - my wife doesn't bother asking anymore what I'm doing in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #25
patzkata
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

can someone help me with some walkthrough about converting to led? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #26
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzkata View Post
can someone help me with some walkthrough about converting to led? Thank you
Lol was going to start this thread back up.

My contact that was going to make me the harness and code it at his shop never went through, either I was away for business abs or he was away for a busy and then had to move out of Chicago.

I have the lights and all I need in the wire to swap and coding and when it's the newer headlight 2016 and newer in a 2016 and or newer x5 it's just the one wire. It's just changing how it gets power. But I am just having trouble getting confirmation as to how to or where to connect it.

That's all I need and I'm golden.

I have someone who can code but just need that one confirmation of where to tap into the fuse box and can make this happen!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 01:17 PM   #27
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

My contact that was going to make me the harness and code it at his shop never went through, either I was away for business abs or he was away for a busy and then had to move out of Chicago.

I have the lights and all I need in the wire to swap and coding and when it's the newer headlight 2016 and newer in a 2016 and or newer x5 it's just the one wire. It's just changing how it gets power. But I am just having trouble getting confirmation as to how to or where to connect it.

I have someone who can code but just need that one confirmation of where to tap into the fuse box and can make this happen!
The wiring for the 2016+ lights in a 2016+ X5 coming form adaptive xenon's should be:
Left:
-Remove yellow/green wire in port 3 on the headlight plug.
-2.5mm (14AWG) wire from port 3 on the headlight plug to Fuse 57 on the front power distribution box (20A).
Right:
-Remove yellow/blue wire in port 3 on the headlight plug.
-2.5mm (14AWG) wire from port 3 on the headlight plug to Fuse 115 on the rear fuse carrier (20A).
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #28
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The wiring for the 2016+ lights in a 2016+ X5 coming form adaptive xenon's should be:
Left:
-2.5mm (14AWG) wire from port 3 on the headlight plug to Fuse 57 on the front power distribution box (20A).
Right:
-2.5mm (14AWG) wire from port 3 on the headlight plug to Fuse 115 on the rear fuse carrier (20A).
Fantastic!

Any chance to use the fuse box in the engine bay? lol. Or make a 20amp fuse box with the power block in the engine bay?

Sorry was trying to save tearing the interior apart!

But this is very helpful!

So the left light attaches to the engine bay power block and the right headlight the wire gets routed through the vehicle and attached to the rear fuse box location?

Thanks again!

Christian !
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #29
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic!

Any chance to use the fuse box in the engine bay? lol. Or make a 20amp fuse box with the power block in the engine bay?

So the left light attaches to the engine bay power block and the right headlight the wire gets routed through the vehicle and attached to the rear fuse box location?

Thanks again!

Christian !
Neither go to the engine bay, they are both wired into the cabin, the front power distribution is under your glovebox. Once you get both wires in you really don't have to do much to just squeeze it under the trim through to the back of the car, it's much easier working in the rear versus under the glove box.
You could probably wire it in the engine bay, not entirely sure - at least that wasn't the way I wired it, when I did mine I wanted it as OEM-like as I could get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:56 PM   #30
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Fantastic!

Thanks again!

Christian !
Neither go to the engine bay, they are both wired into the cabin, the front power distribution is under your glovebox. Once you get both wires in you really don't have to do much to just squeeze it under the trim through to the back of the car, it's much easier working in the rear versus under the glove box.
You could probably wire it in the engine bay, not entirely sure - at least that wasn't the way I wired it, when I did mine I wanted it as OEM-like as I could get it.
Totally get it on the OEM execution. I was just thinking if I ever wanted to sell and return it back to stock easily to save the buyers a headache if they ever had an issue down the road and wondered why the dealership screwed up their car !!! Lol.

But I'll do the proper way regardless.

So your saying one wire goes to the glove box fuse panel and the other to the rear of the vehicle?

Just want to make Sure!

Thanks again for your help this is great!

Yep just looked it up. Totally get you now.

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/bmw...x-diagram.html

Here's a link to the fuse box layout!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 11:06 PM   #31
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fantastic!

Thanks again!

Christian !
Totally get it on the OEM execution. I was just thinking if I ever wanted to sell and return it back to stock easily to save the buyers a headache if they ever had an issue down the road and wondered why the dealership screwed up their car !!! Lol.

But I'll do the proper way regardless.

So your saying one wire goes to the glove box fuse panel and the other to the rear of the vehicle?

Just want to make Sure!

Thanks again for your help this is great!

Yep just looked it up. Totally get you now.

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/bmw...x-diagram.html

Here's a link to the fuse box layout!
So any tricks to run the wires from the engine bay to the inside without tearing things up?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 04:17 AM   #32
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So any tricks to run the wires from the engine bay to the inside without tearing things up?
The most difficult thing is probably getting to the back of the front power distribution box because you need to disassemble the dash and glovebox. To avoid that you can just use a fuse tap in the spot where you’d run the wire to, it isn’t as pretty but it saves a ton of work.
Wrap the wires in wiring harness tape and have them follow the harness in the engine bay to the firewall on the passengers side. You’ll need to drill out one of the indents in the rubber grommet where the wiring loom comes in to the cabin, in the footwell - push the wires through with a wire runner or a coat hanger.
The whole thing is pretty simple, it’s only two wires.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #33
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

Quote:
Left:
Right:
gwes

Thanks! Any recommendation who to do the programming? Did you do the LED Fogs as well?

Last edited by M3HNGRY; 04-30-2021 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:17 PM   #34
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3HNGRY View Post
gwes

Thanks! Any recommendation who to do the programming? Did you do the LED Fogs as well?
I did the LED fogs as well - The programming isn't that hard and don't be intimidated by it. You've already installed these lights, what's a little coding at this point. If you need help let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 01:27 AM   #35
BimZimaCoding
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E92 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
I did the LED fogs as well - The programming isn't that hard and don't be intimidated by it. You've already installed these lights, what's a little coding at this point. If you need help let me know.
Hey mate could you PM me the details of retrofitting Xenon to Adaptive LED for an F15 2015 please. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 11:55 AM   #36
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimZimaCoding View Post
Hey mate could you PM me the details of retrofitting Xenon to Adaptive LED for an F15 2015 please. Thank you.
Check this thread here:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1824415
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 08:56 PM   #37
ANDY12114563
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW x5 F15

Quote:
Hey bro im in need of help. Im doing the adaptive light conversion. I just finished installing the lights and The daytime running lights dont turn on. I tried initializing the new leds but can due to the car not communicating with the models. Do I need to program the new modules to the car. Also will it recognize that it has the FLER AND FLEL modules. Thanks for all your help. Also my email is andygonzalez1211@gmail.com if you can contact me through there to help me out complete the install.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 12:30 AM   #38
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY12114563 View Post
Quote:
Hey bro im in need of help. Im doing the adaptive light conversion. I just finished installing the lights and The daytime running lights dont turn on. I tried initializing the new leds but can due to the car not communicating with the models. Do I need to program the new modules to the car. Also will it recognize that it has the FLER AND FLEL modules. Thanks for all your help. Also my email is andygonzalez1211@gmail.com if you can contact me through there to help me out complete the install.
I sent you Marius's cell. Please contact him and leave a message. Or text him he will be able to assist you.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 07:43 AM   #39
spw
Rep
Drives: E46 330d

Question!

Hello there!
On F16 from 2014, doesen't have the pin 3 on Z2*13B of Z2 (fuse carier rear)...
Also, I don't understand why they modified the powersupply of the headlights on Non LCI(2014/2016) to Pre LCI(2016/2018)...It's the same terminal 30 on both plugs. For example, on right headlight, F101 15A plug Z2*5B vs F115 20A plug Z2*13B.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #40
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spw View Post
Hello there!
On F16 from 2014, doesen't have the pin 3 on Z2*13B of Z2 (fuse carier rear)...
Also, I don't understand why they modified the powersupply of the headlights on Non LCI(2014/2016) to Pre LCI(2016/2018)...It's the same terminal 30 on both plugs. For example, on right headlight, F101 15A plug Z2*5B vs F115 20A plug Z2*13B.
The headlights are internally wired differently. Don't know why either but they did.

Another user found out the hard way and had to rewire the truck to make them work. He said they where powered differently. He's why I used the 2018 headlights in my 2016 model year. 2014 and 2015 headlights would not be plug and play like this otherwise.

That's why sticking to your model year is best.

2014 - 2015

2016 - 2018

The led headlights between the years also have a different designed modules.

Again stick to your year and it keeps it simple.

Also this is for an f15 x5 and have no idea on the f16 x6
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 06:08 PM   #41
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
Really want to do this swap on my 17. Found a couple sets of LED headlights, just need to confirm the year. Thanks for the info!
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 0