BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i

Finally had the MPPK installed on my 2015 X5 today. I went to Fort Myers BMW for the install. They matched the lowest price I found online, and I wound up paying $1188 out the door. Had the oil and filters changed too, under warranty. So far, so good. Haven't really had a chance to get on it too hard, but I definitely notice the pull in sport mode. Torque is strong in the midrange. I'll report back when I get more time in the drivers seat.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Russmov1328.00
HJ478.00
maDjzo861.50
alphaod1149.50
1230vani652.50
      04-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Congrats!!!

Do PM me when you are ready to stack RaceChip on top,
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 3
Russmov1328.00
HJ478.00
      04-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Congrats!!!

Looking forward to adding RC. I want to get used to the power first.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12966.00
      04-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microeconomist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Congrats!!!

Looking forward to adding RC. I want to get used to the power first.
For sure. Enjoy the MPPK first and bump it up with RC when you start to get bored.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
Violator4587.50
      04-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
Reign2016
Private
Rep
Drives: space gray xDrive35i MSport

Nice! Super jealous.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

You will notice the difference after a tank full. The engine needs to adjust to your new tune.
      04-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #7
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

I've been contemplating this, but with this being our family car, I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Does the tune have any effect on steering stiffness, bc I would jump on it if so. Any difference in comfort mode?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 07:07 AM   #8
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsensetam View Post
I've been contemplating this, but with this being our family car, I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Does the tune have any effect on steering stiffness, bc I would jump on it if so. Any difference in comfort mode?
No major difference in comfort mode, yet. No change in steering stiffness at all. I did get a chance to take the wife to dinner last night, and drove in sport mode most of the way there. Power is definitely noticeable in sport mode, although as the other forum members have said, I think it's going to take a week or so for the computer to learn the new tune. They did all the other software updates too, so the X5 probably doesn't know what to do with itself at this point. I don't hear the cracks and pops from the exhaust as others have mentioned, but that may be a matter of time too. I'm happy, and think it's worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #9
SJTrance
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 Ducati 900 Supersport

I noticed that there is a sticker in what seems like under the hood and a horsepower screen that shows 400hp. I'm looking to purchased a used X5 and wanted to know how to tell that it was installed on the vehicle. What about other tunes? Is there a way to tell? Also, is there an advantage with stacking this with race chip or just going with race chip from the start?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #10
Reign2016
Private
Rep
Drives: space gray xDrive35i MSport

Quote:
Quote:
No major difference in comfort mode, yet. No change in steering stiffness at all. I did get a chance to take the wife to dinner last night, and drove in sport mode most of the way there. Power is definitely noticeable in sport mode, although as the other forum members have said, I think it's going to take a week or so for the computer to learn the new tune. They did all the other software updates too, so the X5 probably doesn't know what to do with itself at this point. I don't hear the cracks and pops from the exhaust as others have mentioned, but that may be a matter of time too. I'm happy, and think it's worth it.
Cool. Pls give an update in a few weeks if you don't mind. Thx
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #11
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post
I noticed that there is a sticker in what seems like under the hood and a horsepower screen that shows 400hp. I'm looking to purchased a used X5 and wanted to know how to tell that it was installed on the vehicle. What about other tunes? Is there a way to tell? Also, is there an advantage with stacking this with race chip or just going with race chip from the start?
Check this thread out:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=18539796
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the sticker under the hood and the sport display showing 400hp and tq are a couple indicators the vehicle has been upgraded with the MPPk. As far as stacking, others on this forum advocate for stacking with RaceChip, and other products. I will eventually do that as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #13
SJTrance
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 Ducati 900 Supersport

That's very helpful. Thanks. When you do the MPPK, I guess we'll see the 400, but does it say that with other tuners as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 05:30 PM   #14
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's very helpful. Thanks. When you do the MPPK, I guess we'll see the 400, but does it say that with other tuners as well?
I do not believe other tunes affect the sport display. In fact, the service advisor said that's a common complaint from his Dinan customers, that the sport display doesn't increase the hp/tq. I can't verify that, but that's what he said.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 07:48 PM   #15
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Quote:
I do not believe other tunes affect the sport display. In fact, the service advisor said that's a common complaint from his Dinan customers, that the sport display doesn't increase the hp/tq. I can't verify that, but that's what he said.
On BM3 (bootmod3) It does change. Depending on the tune you choose the numbers go up.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 08:32 AM   #16
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finally had the MPPK installed on my 2015 X5 today. I went to Fort Myers BMW for the install. They matched the lowest price I found online, and I wound up paying $1188 out the door. Had the oil and filters changed too, under warranty. So far, so good. Haven't really had a chance to get on it too hard, but I definitely notice the pull in sport mode. Torque is strong in the midrange. I'll report back when I get more time in the drivers seat.
Update...

So, I've now had the MPPk for a week. I've tried to drive at all different speeds and RPMs. I can say this; I don't feel a major difference in comfort mode. However, in sport mode it's a whole different animal. The power is noticeable throughout the rev range, and the torque push is addictive. It pulls hard to redline. The midrange power is where, I feel, the biggest improvement is.

I will try to take video of the exhaust note under power so ya'll can hear what it sounds like.

Stay tuned...
Appreciate 5
maDjzo861.50
Russmov1328.00
r33_RGSport12966.00
      05-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #17
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Update...

So, I've now had the MPPk for a week. I've tried to drive at all different speeds and RPMs. I can say this; I don't feel a major difference in comfort mode. However, in sport mode it's a whole different animal. The power is noticeable throughout the rev range, and the torque push is addictive. It pulls hard to redline. The midrange power is where, I feel, the biggest improvement is.

I will try to take video of the exhaust note under power so ya'll can hear what it sounds like.

Stay tuned...
Thanks for the update. I'm leaning towards mppk sometime this summer.

Do you have stock exhaust or MPE?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #18
Microeconomist
Driven
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Update...

Stay tuned...
Thanks for the update. I'm leaning towards mppk sometime this summer.

Do you have stock exhaust or MPE?
Stock exhaust, for now. I want to explore exhaust options other than MPE. I may wind up with MPE, but I'd like to hear the MPPK with other exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #19
Eurogreek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.5

Why did you go this direction instead of the dinan software update? Cost? I know the dinan is around $2000.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 02:26 PM   #20
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurogreek View Post
Why did you go this direction instead of the dinan software update? Cost? I know the dinan is around $2000.
I know this question wasn't directed to me but I spent quite a bit of time deliberating between going with one over the other and decided to go with the Dinan. I made my decision based on the following:

I was able to get my local dealership to price match Dinan's online sale price and complete the installation for me. I also read a lot of reviews that stated the difference in Comfort mode was negligible with the MPPK. I didn't want to have to switch to Sport mode and have the higher shift points etc...when really most of the time I just want that extra power in Comfort mode. Ability to turn it off/on via the Dinan app is also a nice touch and discount on upgrading if another stage is developed.

On the downside of going with Dinan, I hear there are some cooler exhaust burbles with MPPK and stock exhaust and you get the screens that show the increased HP/TQ maximums. I ended up getting the MPE so that does negate the downside of going with the Dinan (at least for me).

With that said, I have zero regrets with going with the Dinan. I love the improved power felt in all modes and have had no issues with the car since it's been installed.
Wheels: Winter - 469m; Summer - Vossen CV7 22s

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #21
ComasF15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver

It's my understanding that MPPK is not to used when towing, does the Dinian upgrade have the same restriction?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #22
Eurogreek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
I know this question wasn't directed to me but I spent quite a bit of time deliberating between going with one over the other and decided to go with the Dinan. I made my decision based on the following:

I was able to get my local dealership to price match Dinan's online sale price and complete the installation for me. I also read a lot of reviews that stated the difference in Comfort mode was negligible with the MPPK. I didn't want to have to switch to Sport mode and have the higher shift points etc...when really most of the time I just want that extra power in Comfort mode. Ability to turn it off/on via the Dinan app is also a nice touch and discount on upgrading if another stage is developed.

On the downside of going with Dinan, I hear there are some cooler exhaust burbles with MPPK and stock exhaust and you get the screens that show the increased HP/TQ maximums. I ended up getting the MPE so that does negate the downside of going with the Dinan (at least for me).

With that said, I have zero regrets with going with the Dinan. I love the improved power felt in all modes and have had no issues with the car since it's been installed.

Do you remember what the dinan online price sale was? My dealer is quoting me a little under $2K for product and install. I’m on the fence about upgrading the software. I guess it sounds like everyone is noticing a difference.
Appreciate 0