05-10-2019, 07:55 AM   #45
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
When I think of classy I think of more of an OEM look. The wheels and suspension scream aftermarket and therefore doesn't fit my visual of "classy". That being said I have a very similar setup on my E46 M3. Aftermarket wheels and coilovers. Couldn't even fit a finger between the rubber and fender. I considered it clean but not "classy". If you consider it classy then who gives a fuck what I say. Just backing my statement.
Just to add fuel to the fire!

Classy adjective (according to Merriam-Webster)
\ ˈkla-sē \
classier; classiest
Definition of classy
: having or showing class: such as
a : ELEGANT, STYLISH
a classy clientele
a classy hotel
b : having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior

IMHO, this car fits the definition..(see elegant, stylish)
Yes, the stance might look a bit too much, but all together the whole car has a classy stylish look to it.
It looks well put together, like someone with a sense of style created it, not a pimpled out teenager trying to get some...
The added parts are subtle, but there. The white against black trim, with the "polished" aluminum wheels just looks really clean, not riced out, but definitely states modified ride, owner is an enthusiast, not a soccer mom using it as a tool to get from point A to B...

But this is just my opinion (with the help of Merriam-Webster), and you know what they say about opinions...
Appreciate 2
dubsesd6318.00
SNG_21.50
      05-10-2019, 08:13 AM   #46
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
I understand. What's not classy about it in your opinion?
Everything.
In my adult opinion, of course.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #47
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post

\ ˈkla-sē \
classier; classiest
Definition of classy
a classy clientele
a classy hotel

Yes, the stance might look a bit too much, but all together the whole car has a classy stylish look to it.
It looks well put together, like someone with a sense of style created it, not a pimpled out teenager trying to get some...
The added parts are subtle, but there. The white against black trim, with the "polished" aluminum wheels just looks really clean, not riced out, but definitely states modified ride, owner is an enthusiast, not a soccer mom using it as a tool to get from point A to B...

But this is just my opinion (with the help of Merriam-Webster), and you know what they say about opinions...
I honestly didn't think using that word would create so much hate and controversy lol
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      05-10-2019, 08:34 AM   #48
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Congrats on the new setup. Clean? Certainly. Classy? Unfortunately I have to agree with the others on this thread. Clean and sporty maybe? Anyways...

I believe someone with an X5M had a similar choice of wheels and I didn't think it was a good fit. I believe they were swapped out for something else shortly after. Tried looking for the photos, but couldn't find them.

The F15 X5/X5M is hard to find suitable aftermarket wheels for, which is why I think most people tend to stick to OEM.

As a suggestion, I think upgrading to the LED headlights would make the front end look much meaner.
Appreciate 3
dubsesd6318.00
Violator4587.50
      05-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #49
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Congrats on the new setup. Clean? Certainly. Classy? Unfortunately I have to agree with the others on this thread. Clean and sporty maybe? Anyways...

I believe someone with an X5M had a similar choice of wheels and I didn't think it was a good fit. I believe they were swapped out for something else shortly after. Tried looking for the photos, but couldn't find them.

The F15 X5/X5M is hard to find suitable aftermarket wheels for, which is why I think most people tend to stick to OEM.

As a suggestion, I think upgrading to the LED headlights would make the front end look much meaner.
OEM wheels look great but fit poor. All of them need spacers and most as cast and soft/heavy. Been there done that. It just made the car worse in every way with more unsprung weight and soft wheels that bend way to easy. I will probably do something with the headlights in the future. It's my wife's daily so Its a side project I enjoy doing. My main focus is my m3 and Raptor
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow

Last edited by dubsesd; 05-10-2019 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 09:07 AM   #50
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

For now I just have some 50 slate xpel over the bottom portion of the headlights because there is too much chrome for my liking. I would probably get led units, open them up and paint some areas gloss and satin black to get a similar effect but more OEM plus solution
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      05-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #51
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post

I don't mind being different from the crowd, and in my opinion, some of the OEM wheels looks too busy, nice but not classy. Other OEM wheels are plain boring, and only some of them looks nice on the X5.
Then add to it, the price and weight of the OEM wheels, compared to some forged aftermarket options, and sticking with OEM does not seem as interesting anymore. (not that this is a race car, I just have experience with switching between heavy wheels and lightweight wheels on the same vehicle. On a smaller car, you can definitely notice a big difference, so I'm judgmental against heavy wheels, even if less impact on a vehicle like the X5)
If OP had had black wheels, I would never have agreed with the classy sentiment, but with the silver, I'm of the opinion it looks classy, and very clean too!
Appreciate 3
dubsesd6318.00
P111541.50
Russmov1328.00
      05-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #52
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201 View Post
Might have came off like I had something against people going reps or aftermarket but not at all as I pretty much have everything aftermarket currently on my F80. I enjoy watching others creative ideas regardless on what its cost and Im sure others can agree here. I just found it funny how that same person will contradict themselves about non oem nonsense what's even funnier is usually the ones that are the loudest will have M decals all over there car and swear an M sport is an M but hey to each his own right
Don't try to back track. If that was directed at me then damn right I'm proud of my reps! I like the OEM look but don't want to drop 4 times as much on OEM. That's my choice. Now please direct me to the thread I posted stating they were "classy"!

Quote:

\ ˈkla-sē \
classier; classiest
Definition of classy
a classy clientele
a classy hotel

You seriously copied and pasted from Webster Everyone knows "classy" is a relative word so get off your literal high horse.

Bottom line, I tastefully disagreed that the OP's ride is "classy". There was no reason for me to be a dick and I think I did a good job in not coming across in the manner. It's obvious though I got under the OP's skin. I won't take the blame for that, but will simply say go back to posting on IG or get some thicker skin.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #53
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Don't try to back track. If that was directed at me then damn right I'm proud of my reps! I like the OEM look but don't want to drop 4 times as much on OEM. That's my choice. Now please direct me to the thread I posted stating they were "classy"!

You seriously copied and pasted from Webster Everyone knows "classy" is a relative word so get off your literal high horse.

Bottom line, I tastefully disagreed that the OP's ride is "classy". There was no reason for me to be a dick and I think I did a good job in not coming across in the manner. It's obvious though I got under the OP's skin. I won't take the blame for that, but will simply say go back to posting on IG or get some thicker skin.
I usually don't comment if I have nothing good to say. But if you want to dispute the definition of my car go right ahead. I built for myself and I love how it looks. Why is everyone refering instagram in this thread? I haven't brought that up either ?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #54
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
I usually don't comment if I have nothing good to say. But if you want to dispute the definition of my car go right ahead. I built for myself and I love how it looks. Why is everyone refering instagram in this thread? I haven't brought that up either ?
Your Instagram is linked in your sig...genius
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #55
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Your Instagram is linked in your sig...genius
I'm well aware. But why are you attacking me on its success?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #56
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm well aware. But why are you attacking me on its success?
I, as well as others were making the observation that you must be use to the IG likes since you didn't care for my and Kzang's remarks. Far from an attack! Anyhow, I'm done with this thread. Stay classy
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #57
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I sure did copy and paste with a headline above it stating the obvious:

Quote:
Anyway you were definitely not a dick in your comment to OP, I have to agree with you on that, despite that we disagree of what classy looks like.
Appreciate 1
dubsesd6318.00
      05-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #58
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I, as well as others were making the observation that you must be use to the IG likes since you didn't care for my and Kzang's remarks. Far from an attack! Anyhow, I'm done with this thread. Stay classy
all i said was why classy wasnt a good word to describe the thread. calling the build ricey is asking for a rebuttal....because its far from it. im just backing up my opinion against yours, not taking offence to it. the minute i did, you included attack my ego, my taste and my social media. well done sir.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #59
sdk8103
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 X35i

Garage List
Not my style, I prefer the stock look, but that's just me. It's your car and if you like it, that's all that matters. You don't need anyone's approval, so enjoy it.

2014 X5 xDrive35i
1983 320i (many years ago, but it's good to be back in a BMW)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #60
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk8103 View Post
Not my style, I prefer the stock look, but that's just me. It's your car and if you like it, that's all that matters. You don't need anyone's approval, so enjoy it.
well said sir. i appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #61
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Nice. It looks like a station wagon now rather than a suv.
Definitely looks like a taller wagon. Handles about 5 times better too.
I hope to be on kw soon. I like the look 😇
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #62
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
I hope to be on kw soon. I like the look 😇
the ride quality is awesome. you wont be disappointed

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #63
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
It's crazy to me, that one word has caused this much negativity in a group of enthusiasts who, for the most part, have a common interest in mods and the X5 platform. Despite ones taste, isn't this forum for discussion and sharing what we enjoy with like minded people? 🙋*♂️.
Appreciate 5
HJ478.00
surfcali245.00
      05-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #64
surfcali
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Mineral White

Everyone who's hating on the drop and lipped wheels sounds like my dad and must be 50+ years old lolol

2011 e92 335i M-Sport | Cobb V3 | Alpina Flash | Injen Intake | PE Mod | Mishimoto FMIC | ER Chargepipe | ST Coilovers | 19" BBS CH-R | Arkym Front Lip | MP Style Trunk Spoiler
Appreciate 3
dubsesd6318.00
HJ478.00
      05-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #65
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfcali View Post
Everyone who's hating on the drop and lipped wheels sounds like my dad and must be 50+ years old lolol
well, maybe you should listen to your dad once in a while...
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #66
surfcali
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
well, maybe you should listen to your dad once in a while...
HAHAH yup, def 50+ .... would have gotten a Honda Pilot then

2011 e92 335i M-Sport | Cobb V3 | Alpina Flash | Injen Intake | PE Mod | Mishimoto FMIC | ER Chargepipe | ST Coilovers | 19" BBS CH-R | Arkym Front Lip | MP Style Trunk Spoiler
Appreciate 0