the result is insane!!

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

i remember back in the e46 m3 days, there was this guy who made similar software MartynT. we all of that stuff. how much is this from vivid?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
theone_06
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW x5m 2015

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I have a local guy that programs the tune for 1200$ can$

But I need to install a catless downpipe first.

I was looking for this one:

https://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-stainl...finish=brushed
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
nabizzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone_06 View Post
I have a local guy that programs the tune for 1200$ can$

But I need to install a catless downpipe first.

I was looking for this one:

https://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-stainl...finish=brushed
Wow these are so much cheaper than other ones, I wonder if they fit F85
2019 Audi Q8
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #5
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

Doesn't look like it. They are for an N63 motor.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #6
M&M
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Boosted Beemers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabizzy View Post
Wow these are so much cheaper than other ones, I wonder if they fit F85
Not the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
NYC X6M
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' X6M

Here in New York, everyone has this done to their cars. The car scene in Brooklyn is huge. All the M3 and M4's have it and ALL the infiniti Q60s have this as well. But they are all overdone to the point where they are too loud and annoying. I actually think the state will take measures on regulating this to a certain extent soon. Its getting a lot of complaints and even news coverage. However if done correct with a nice subtle pop, it sounds great.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 12:03 AM   #8
nanwang
Private
Rep
Drives: X5M

Which is going to make exhaust louder? Eisenman pro exhaust or Vrsf downpipe plus tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
theone_06
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Still no answer from vrsf but I will most likely do the tune+downpipes
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 05:03 AM   #10
M&M
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Boosted Beemers!

Quote:
Still no answer from vrsf but I will most likely do the tune+downpipes
They definitely won't fit the F85.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 08:58 PM   #11
theone_06
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Update! I got the downpipes from VRSF for the F85. Will install after vacations. Will post video before/after.

then tune update!

I also wanted to change my quad tips for black ones. Where can I get some?
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #12
idat
Georgia
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Update! I got the downpipes from VRSF for the F85. Will install after vacations. Will post video before/after.

then tune update!

I also wanted to change my quad tips for black ones. Where can I get some?
Hey

Did you install vrsf?

How isit?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #13
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC X6M View Post
Here in New York, everyone has this done to their cars. The car scene in Brooklyn is huge. All the M3 and M4's have it and ALL the infiniti Q60s have this as well. But they are all overdone to the point where they are too loud and annoying. I actually think the state will take measures on regulating this to a certain extent soon. Its getting a lot of complaints and even news coverage. However if done correct with a nice subtle pop, it sounds great.
Dude there's nothing more childish and obnoxious than this pop and bang tune. I saw an M4 (maybe M3) yesterday with it and it was really lame. It literally pops and bangs on every downshift. We were in traffic and every time it slowed down it would pop and bang. Literally, every time. Imagine being in bumper to bumper freeway traffic and have this happening next to you every time traffic came to a stop.

Now, imagine being in that car and having to drive a client/date/kids/mother/whatever.

I mean it with all car guy respect in the world, but this is a super stupid invention. Just dont see any benefit other than being annoying in traffic. Strictly IMHO.

Also, sorry if this came across as harsh, but after hearing it in person, I would stay far away.
      10-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #14
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I ordered the VRSF catless DP and BM3 license from mike at N54Tuning on the weekend. Looking forward to get it installed. I am not a fan of obnoxious burbles, I like just mild burbles. My 2011 Mustang has a stage 3 cam and it has some great over run burble because of the overlap in the cam. It sounds amazing...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #15
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Dude there's nothing more childish and obnoxious than this pop and bang tune. I saw an M4 (maybe M3) yesterday with it and it was really lame. It literally pops and bangs on every downshift. We were in traffic and every time it slowed down it would pop and bang. Literally, every time. Imagine being in bumper to bumper freeway traffic and have this happening next to you every time traffic came to a stop.

Now, imagine being in that car and having to drive a client/date/kids/mother/whatever.

I mean it with all car guy respect in the world, but this is a super stupid invention. Just dont see any benefit other than being annoying in traffic. Strictly IMHO.

Also, sorry if this came across as harsh, but after hearing it in person, I would stay far away.

Agreed 100%. I see it as an immature modification as well and it makes no sense to me.
      10-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #16
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Quote:

Totally! What in the actual f$#k would make you want to take a classy high performance sports car and make it sound like it's not running right?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
K-no
Private
Rep
Drives: nissan 350z nismo, Bmw x5M ,x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoold2003 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Totally! What in the actual f$#k would make you want to take a classy high performance sports car and make it sound like it's not running right?
ha! that's exactly what my wife said when we pulled next to an m3 the other day.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #18
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Quote:
Quote:

I remember there was a time in life when your car did this you were actually making power so it was natural lol.

Guys can do what they please it's there money but I must agree that some people are taking it overboard with the burbles and flames. Mild / mid is fine but sounding like we're on the Gaza Strip is a bit much.
      12-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #19
MiamiFan13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4-e40 335i 03 Cobra,Jeep SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I remember there was a time in life when your car did this you were actually making power so it was natural lol.

Guys can do what they please it's there money but I must agree that some people are taking it overboard with the burbles and flames. Mild / mid is fine but sounding like we're on the Gaza Strip is a bit much.
There is nothing lamer, or more childish, then this mod. Seriously, this beats out the fake louvers and fake turbo whistles by a huge margin. I am stunned by how someone can do this to any car, let alone an $80k BMW. I honestly think a psych evaluation is in order for anyone possessing this heinous mod.
Appreciate 0