Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Android just keeps looking better and better
Yea but he got some no name brand of eBay and required splicing from the looks of it. Of course their all no name brands lol.

That's never a good idea.... and not sure how good the stereo installer was. The installer or the unit could have caused a short, since it's now been removed and still have issues.

So far been very happy with mine,

0 issues at all and everything works as it should, even auto connect.
Works and feels like factory.

And best part is not having to deal with plugging it in. Never forget my phone now.
The TT I end up having to always run back out and retrieve it because it's always forgotten in the glove box.

And now with the update they just released being able to air play the iPhone screen is a double plus.
Ya do wish mine was wireless so I could use the higher wattage charger I have in my cig charger. But I do enjoy the 720p screen though doesn't mean it justified the price I paid to have the HD screen and the markup from 4x4. I'm just glad it all works perfectly.
Totally.

Yea it's funny how some units vary in screen resolution. However luckily the joyeeauto / bimmer retrofit / IDCOR unit all has the high res graphic output and with the new Apple update the carplay looks better and couldn't be happier.

I'm planing to add a secondary USB next to the factory one in the armrest glove compartment and have an Apple logo next to it so on my trips to Michigan I can connect it through hardwire to enjoy the superior sound enhancement vs the wireless route.

You do loose quality going wireless
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #640
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Android just keeps looking better and better
Yea but he got some no name brand of eBay and required splicing from the looks of it. Of course their all no name brands lol.

That's never a good idea.... and not sure how good the stereo installer was. The installer or the unit could have caused a short, since it's now been removed and still have issues.

So far been very happy with mine,

0 issues at all and everything works as it should, even auto connect.
Works and feels like factory.

And best part is not having to deal with plugging it in. Never forget my phone now.
The TT I end up having to always run back out and retrieve it because it's always forgotten in the glove box.

And now with the update they just released being able to air play the iPhone screen is a double plus.
Ya do wish mine was wireless so I could use the higher wattage charger I have in my cig charger. But I do enjoy the 720p screen though doesn't mean it justified the price I paid to have the HD screen and the markup from 4x4. I'm just glad it all works perfectly.
Totally.

Yea it's funny how some units vary in screen resolution. However luckily the joyeeauto / bimmer retrofit / IDCOR unit all has the high res graphic output and with the new Apple update the carplay looks better and couldn't be happier.

I'm planing to add a secondary USB next to the factory one in the armrest glove compartment and have an Apple logo next to it so on my trips to Michigan I can connect it through hardwire to enjoy the superior sound enhancement vs the wireless route.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #641
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Totally.

Have you tried plugging into USB in the armrest glove compartment?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 12:23 AM   #642
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Quote:
Totally.

I did today just to charge. It connects audio to the oem side.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #643
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Totally.

The oem usb won't work cuz it goes to the head unit. The apple CarPlay boxes plug in after the head unit inline with the screen.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #644
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The oem usb won't work cuz it goes to the head unit. The apple CarPlay boxes plug in after the head unit inline with the screen.
Not quite Mav, it DOES work provided you go into the iDrive external devices menu, switch between AUX (CarPlay) to USB (Dock Connector) to listen to music, podcasts etc. through CarPlay. You have make this switch in the iPhone menu also. At least it works this way for Joyeauto unit (IDCORE).

Sounds redundant & requires extra steps I know, but works either way. Keeping the phone charged while listening to podcasts, iHeart radio etc. would be the only reason for me to switch. Otherwise, I prefer the wireless CarPlay option, wireless charging or external USB for faster charging. See the screen shots above ^^
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #645
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Not quite Mav, it DOES work provided you go into the iDrive external devices menu, switch between AUX (CarPlay) to USB (Dock Connector) to listen to music, podcasts etc. through CarPlay. You have make this switch in the iPhone menu also. At least it works this way for Joyeauto unit (IDCORE).

Sounds redundant & requires extra steps I know, but works either way. Keeping the phone charged while listening to podcasts, iHeart radio etc. would be the only reason for me to switch. Otherwise, I prefer the wireless CarPlay option, wireless charging or external USB for faster charging. See the screen shots above ^^
Right but if you are switching to the aux on the car then you're not connecting it to the CarPlay but rather treating it as pure auxiliary to the bmw unit. So not quite the same thing. Audio isn't coming "through" CarPlay but rather through aux. the bmw does the same thing when you connect the phone audio through CarPlay. It treats the connection as an "aux" connection. So audio goes through CarPlay and then through aux to get to your speakers.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #646
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right but if you are switching to the aux on the car then you're not connecting it to the CarPlay but rather treating it as pure auxiliary to the bmw unit. So not quite the same thing. Audio isn't coming "through" CarPlay but rather through aux. the bmw does the same thing when you connect the phone audio through CarPlay. It treats the connection as an "aux" connection. So audio goes through CarPlay and then through aux to get to your speakers.
Good explanation! I'm no audiophile but it's tolerable for me with an aux sound setting to 8
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #647
eldogo
Lieutenant
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi BMW X5 F15 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
How's the audio quality on these units? Is it the same as the USB/OEM sound quality?
      10-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #648
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogo View Post
How's the audio quality on these units? Is it the same as the USB/OEM sound quality?
No it's more of a shallow sound to it. You need to do lots of fine tuning. It's better if you have the equalizer to help tune out the flatness.
Appreciate 1
eldogo272.00
      10-08-2019, 05:07 AM   #649
NYC_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘16 X5

Think there’s enough people to get another group buy going?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 04:25 AM   #650
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_X5 View Post
Think there's enough people to get another group buy going?
Yes, please. Ill be down for two units..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #651
GIANITALY
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M/MPPK

Garage List
  [0.00]
Me too please , i want to try this unit .
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #652
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANITALY View Post
Me too please , i want to try this unit .
Yes, let's see if we can get another group buy going:

1: Zfred10
2: NYC_X5
3: sbinshihon
4: GIANITALY

Who else is in?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #653
NYC_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I believe sbinshihon wants 2 units, so that’s already 5 in

DeeO have the time to help organize another GB?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #654
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe sbinshihon wants 2 units, so that’s already 5 in

4: sbinshihon
5: GIANITALY

Added! I'm communicating with the seller on AliExpress. He advised he will get back to me tomorrow. I'm assuming these were bought through the seller ZHOYITO Official Store.

DeeO Can you confirm this is correct? If not, would you mind sending me the contact?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #655
NYC_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFRED10 View Post

Added! I'm communicating with the seller on AliExpress. He advised he will get back to me tomorrow. I'm assuming these were bought through the seller ZHOYITO Official Store.

DeeO Can you confirm this is correct? If not, would you mind sending me the contact?
Here’s what DeeO posted earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Added to the list. This 2nd round filled up very quickly! If you personally wish to contact Joyeauto: https://www.joyeauto.com/bmw-nbt-1-2...play-solution/ WhatsApp: +86 189 4870 6765 or start a chat, or call: +0755-28267902 (WhatsApp is best). It's now Thursday, 3:30am 09/05/2019 in China (9:30am PST here), so no further updates until this evening...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #656
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here’s what DeeO posted earlier in this thread.
Noted, I'll reach out.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #657
jeremy9991
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M-Sport

In for the group buy please! -- 2015 X5 50i Msport (let me know what other details we need to provide).
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #658
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy9991 View Post
In for the group buy please! -- 2015 X5 50i Msport (let me know what other details we need to provide).
6: jeremy9991
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #659
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I believe sbinshihon wants 2 units, so that's already 5 in

No, I'm not doing another GB sorry.
Appreciate 2
NYC_X5370.00
      10-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #660
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep

No problem. Thanks for the info, I've reached out to Joyeauto & I'll advise when I hear back. So far we have the following (and 2 or 3 from the facebook group I'm waiting to get on here)

1: ZFRED10
6: jeremy9991

Please add your name to the list if you're interested.
Appreciate 0