Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXTCHA View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I had this same fix applied late last year for the pads but the squealing became worse. Not sure if the 2019 version of this SIB has different pads but my part numbers were the same as the posts above.

Currently working with my SA now to get all 4 rotors replaced. Such a bummer to not be able to drive with windows down in the summer!
I got pads and rotors replaced and I've been fine since the top of this year.
Yeah my SA called me today and said they are replacing the pads (again) but weren't able to make any more headway until tomorrow.

They are pretty good about taking care of me so we'll see what happens but ultimately, I'm hoping a new set of rotors comes out of this tomorrow so I can update everyone.
They should change everything it's the right thing to do + I doubt the problem will go away with only changing 1 portion of the setup so it's probably best to swap everything out and break in the new setup exactly how they tell you to and you'll be fine.
Spoke to SA today. Said no new pads and they are pushing back on the rotors. I generally like this guy but today I hit my limit.

There is a serious lip on all 4 rotors and they "might" offer to lath the rotors... lol get out of here. I asked him what my depth was and he couldn't even give me a straight answer. So after he gave me the supposed depths I read back to him the new and min spec which was wildly different than what he told me (after he said he watched them measure).

Ok, so you watched but no one wrote it down? No problem I said. Let me know when I can come down tomorrow with my micrometer and we can measure together with you, a tech and the foreman. Well use yours first and then mine.

Will see how tomorrow shapes up but I'm already drafting a letter to BMW NA and will vote with my wallet if I have to. Pissed is an understatement.
Time to switch SA's... I have plenty of times. This is a service bulletin. They are obligated to provide you with the service. Getting mine done this week. Finally gave up with this school bus.😂
Good luck, let us know how it went I'm sure they'll take care if you.
      09-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #46
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had this same fix applied late last year for the pads but the squealing became worse. Not sure if the 2019 version of this SIB has different pads but my part numbers were the same as the posts above.

Currently working with my SA now to get all 4 rotors replaced. Such a bummer to not be able to drive with windows down in the summer!
I got pads and rotors replaced and I've been fine since the top of this year.
Yeah my SA called me today and said they are replacing the pads (again) but weren't able to make any more headway until tomorrow.

They are pretty good about taking care of me so we'll see what happens but ultimately, I'm hoping a new set of rotors comes out of this tomorrow so I can update everyone.
They should change everything it's the right thing to do + I doubt the problem will go away with only changing 1 portion of the setup so it's probably best to swap everything out and break in the new setup exactly how they tell you to and you'll be fine.
Spoke to SA today. Said no new pads and they are pushing back on the rotors. I generally like this guy but today I hit my limit.

There is a serious lip on all 4 rotors and they "might" offer to lath the rotors... lol get out of here. I asked him what my depth was and he couldn't even give me a straight answer. So after he gave me the supposed depths I read back to him the new and min spec which was wildly different than what he told me (after he said he watched them measure).

Ok, so you watched but no one wrote it down? No problem I said. Let me know when I can come down tomorrow with my micrometer and we can measure together with you, a tech and the foreman. Well use yours first and then mine.

Will see how tomorrow shapes up but I'm already drafting a letter to BMW NA and will vote with my wallet if I have to. Pissed is an understatement.
Time to switch SA's... I have plenty of times. This is a service bulletin. They are obligated to provide you with the service. Getting mine done this week. Finally gave up with this school bus.😂
Good luck, let us know how it went I'm sure they'll take care if you.
Got it done last Saturday. Car drives completely differently now and not a sound from the brakes or rotors anymore🔥
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #47
Dsot
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Squeal is back, not nearly as bad but it's back unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:08 PM   #48
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsot View Post
Are your rims / brakes extra dirty? Tbh the only time I hear something is when I have excessive brake dust buildup and it isn't often. Once I wash the heavy brake dust off I'm good to go again.

What would be perfect is if you ceramic coated your brakes and wheels after the new parts are installed. Not common but I'm 95% sure that'll damn near make it as quite as a mouse lol.
      10-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #49
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Are your rims / brakes extra dirty? Tbh the only time I hear something is when I have excessive brake dust buildup and it isn't often. Once I wash the heavy brake dust off I'm good to go again.

What would be perfect is if you ceramic coated your brakes and wheels after the new parts are installed. Not common but I'm 95% sure that'll damn near make it as quite as a mouse lol.
I have ceramic coating which probably helps with the noise and of course brake dust.

Ceramic pro 9h on wheels and calipers. I would highly recommend to everybody.
Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1620.50
      10-02-2019, 04:56 AM   #50
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

Presumably the wheels and calipers still need regular cleaning to keep the dust down, even with the ceramic coating?

Just makes the job a bit easier?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:30 PM   #51
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesD View Post
Presumably the wheels and calipers still need regular cleaning to keep the dust down, even with the ceramic coating?

Just makes the job a bit easier?
Correct
      10-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #52
Dsot
United_States
Rep

My wheels are not too dirty. I do clean my car once a week. The squeal only happens at specific pressure on the brake coming to a stop. I have condidered doing a coating on them as JMAN111 mentioned.

I called BMW and demanded them to look into this again, we are going today for a ride with the service manager so he can record it, and send it to "BMW" on what to do. I will keep you guys posted.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #53
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep

The more i think about this issue considering the feedback from you guys, it seems as much aggravation trying to get it fixed by BMW as the problem itself.

Especially if the official fix doesnt work in the long term?

Cheaper to snow foam the brakes yourself regularly and stay in control of the process 👍
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #54
Dsot
United_States
Rep

YvresD,

Yes the official fix is, lets get you some new pads.The squeal will return, and that's how high performance brakes work...
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #55
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
YvresD,

Yes the official fix is, lets get you some new pads.The squeal will return, and that's how high performance brakes work...
Dont think i can be bothered with the hassle tbh
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #56
F85MTuNED
Rep

@X5M_RoOkIE
      04-19-2020, 04:13 PM   #57
F85MTuNED
Rep

@yasavguy

There you go..
      04-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #58
PeteyF15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 F15 Msport

Any of y’all doing this replacement if you hold onto old rotors I’ll buy em!
Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1620.50