BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #23
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Just heard back from the Joyeauto rep today via WhatsApp, and he wanted to follow up the GB members' comments regarding their product. He asked that everyone try to reach out to the company on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Joyeauto Also mentioned there was a new firmware update. All you need is your order number to get it.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:39 PM   #24
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Just heard back from the Joyeauto rep today via WhatsApp, and he wanted to follow up the GB members' comments regarding their product. He asked that everyone try to reach out to the company on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Joyeauto Also mentioned there was a new firmware update. All you need is your order number to get it.
Sweet.. did he mention what was included in the update?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:42 PM   #25
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoold2003 View Post
Quote:
Sweet.. did he mention what was included in the update?
No sorry
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #26
hlrzr
Love the X5, but R1 is life!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i M-Sport

From the video it apperas the update enables Airplay natively within the carplay device. So one no longer needs to jailbreak in order to mirror our idevice to the screen. Definitely a nice to have although from what I saw, I think you have to choose between carplay or airplay but don't quote me on that. I was hella tired when I watched the vid.
Appreciate 3
      09-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #27
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrzr View Post
From the video it apperas the update enables Airplay natively within the carplay device. So one no longer needs to jailbreak in order to mirror our idevice to the screen. Definitely a nice to have although from what I saw, I think you have to choose between carplay or airplay but don't quote me on that. I was hella tired when I watched the vid.
If anyone got the update, pleae share the link here.

I havent used Facebook for a long time and I dont want to download messenger just to get the update.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 10:46 PM   #28
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
If anyone got the update, pleae share the link here.

I havent used Facebook for a long time and I dont want to download messenger just to get the update.
Refer to this post for instructions: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=627
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #29
hlrzr
Love the X5, but R1 is life!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i M-Sport

Here they are demoing the new feature.

And here too.

yes, they need to enter the 20th century and try 720p. It's all the rage!
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #30
JeanLuis
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 // '18 X3

Issues with Google Maps in Android Auto

Anyone else having issues in Android Auto with Google maps where when you scroll the wheel on the car it only zooms in and out of the map and does not let you access anything else in it? You can click to add a destination but cannot navigate anywhere else when this app is open.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #31
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
I just looked at the only emails the member I bought my unit from received from Joyeauto and there's no mention of an order #....Anyone else have this issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #32
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano View Post
I just looked at the only emails the member I bought my unit from received from Joyeauto and there's no mention of an order #....Anyone else have this issue?
Instructions are here: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=627 Just use 'joyeautotech' as the password to download the ISPBOOOT.BIN file.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:06 AM   #33
yany007
Rep
Drives: XDRIVE50I

What is wifi password?

I follow the instruction and it seems to work. But -

1. Can someone tell me the wifi password again for the device? After updating fireware, it asks for password again and I totally forgot.

2. Why is the mirrored screen only half screen? It looks ugly.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 12:41 AM   #34
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Hey it's good to see you started a thread for this. You should give a mention on the Wooohoooo thread so that all of the GB people can come over and share their thoughts. I just posted a reply over there telling a potential buyer the things that annoy me about the unit.. I'll put them here too.

1.) Being able to switch between 2 connected devices. When Carplay is active, it locks you out of the 'connected devices' menu
I don't have more than one device so I haven't noticed this one

2.) On a phone running iOS 12 there is a black screen coming in and out of Carplay. This doesn't happen on my phone running iOS 13 beta so it may be fixed when the official iOS drops.
Are you referring to the black screen when switching between CarPlay and iDrive via long press of the back button? I have it too and it sucks.

3.) This is a petty change, but it doesn't like it when you spin the iDrive controller fast.
I don't think this is petty.. I notice it too. It doesn't seem to happen when navigating via the steering wheel.

4.) I'd like all the other iDrive button 'mappable.' For instance, i'd like to set my Nav button to open Waze.
This is by far my biggest gripe. It's a pain in the ass having to scroll between the music app and the nav app the hard way. If not settable they should at least have the buttons programmed to their respective functions.. like nav to nav, media to music and phone to phone. Is it better in IOS 13 since it looks like music and maps can be on the same screen?

5.) When using the phone via CarPlay (external mic) the person on the other end of the line hears their echo. I suspect this is just feedback from the call coming from the speakers.

6.) Front camera never works in CarPlay.

Edit: adding 7

7.) A method to change songs without navigating to next song in music app. For example using the arrow keys by the numbers.
OK an update on the status now that IOS 13 is here. I think that the new layout makes number 4 more bearable.. although I think they still should easily be able to map the buttons. Also it would be nice if they could map the steering wheel siri button since it doesn't work unless you're connected to the iDrive bluetooth.

For 7 I noticed that pushing the iDrive knob to the side changes songs. I'm not sure if that was there for IOS 12 but it works for changing the song easily.

One new issue that I notice is that I can't click on an icon unless I scroll to another icon and back first. Does anyone else have that happen?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 03:53 PM   #35
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
OK an update on the status now that IOS 13 is here. I think that the new layout makes number 4 more bearable.. although I think they still should easily be able to map the buttons. Also it would be nice if they could map the steering wheel siri button since it doesn't work unless you're connected to the iDrive bluetooth.

For 7 I noticed that pushing the iDrive knob to the side changes songs. I'm not sure if that was there for IOS 12 but it works for changing the song easily.

One new issue that I notice is that I can't click on an icon unless I scroll to another icon and back first. Does anyone else have that happen?
That last issue fixed itself luckily.

Quote:
Instructions are here: https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=627 Just use 'joyeautotech' as the password to download the ISPBOOOT.BIN file.
Did the FW update fix anything or just add airplay?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 10:30 AM   #36
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Just installed this in my F15 last night. Aside from the laggy iDrive wheel, I'm fairly satisfied. One thing I would like however would be to always have the sound coming from my NBT Bluetooth without having to switch from AUX when CarPlay launches. Does anyone know how I could get this to work or if it's even possible?

I'll explain, the sound from my NBT bluetooth is noticeable better than the AUX from the Wireless CarPlay unit. When CarPlay Launches, it automatically connects my Car to AUX as well as automatically connects my iPhone source from my BMW 21897 "bluetooth" to "Carplay" on my actual iPhone Device. The only way I can get it to play music from my BMW bluetooth is manually going back to iDrive after CarPlay launches and switching the source from AUX to bluetooth and manually switch it on my phone as well. Does anyone know a workaround to just have my Bluetooth set as default when launching the unit? I made this work with My AVIN unit in my E70, but the settings are a little different with this device.

Moreover, even when I manually switch it over and have the sound playing from bluetooth, if I hit the menu "Siri" button, it automatically switches the source on my iPhone from BMW bluetooth, back to Carplay.

At the end of the day, I can live with the sound coming from AUX, but if there were someway to have the sound come directly from bluetooth when launching, this would be much better. I understand when connecting to your OEM bluetooth, you will not hear siri's voice, but that's okay with me as I never have siri audio on for navigation anyway.

If anyone can give any insight, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #37
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That last issue fixed itself luckily.

Did the FW update fix anything or just add airplay?
I haven't done the FW upgrade yet. I'm not really interested in using the screen mirroring feature. blakedunc235 did mention there was some lag to the iDrive screen when in mirroring mode.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #38
blakedunc235
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

New issue that im not sure if anyone else is experiencing.. I try to adjust the heads up display this morning and the check box for it in the idrive menu is unchecked and wont allow me to check it or adjust it in any way. The weird thing is that the HUD is on and working fine, i just may have been sitting a bit taller in my seat this morning so the very top was only slightly cut off.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #39
blakedunc235
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
I haven't done the FW upgrade yet. I'm not really interested in using the screen mirroring feature. blakedunc235 did mention there was some lag to the iDrive screen when in mirroring mode.
Oh yeah when I said it was laggy I was meaning the mirroring. It didnt really effect the iDrive system at all.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #40
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFRED10 View Post
Just installed this in my F15 last night. Aside from the laggy iDrive wheel, I'm fairly satisfied. One thing I would like however would be to always have the sound coming from my NBT Bluetooth without having to switch from AUX when CarPlay launches. Does anyone know how I could get this to work or if it's even possible?

I'll explain, the sound from my NBT bluetooth is noticeable better than the AUX from the Wireless CarPlay unit. When CarPlay Launches, it automatically connects my Car to AUX as well as automatically connects my iPhone source from my BMW 21897 "bluetooth" to "Carplay" on my actual iPhone Device. The only way I can get it to play music from my BMW bluetooth is manually going back to iDrive after CarPlay launches and switching the source from AUX to bluetooth and manually switch it on my phone as well. Does anyone know a workaround to just have my Bluetooth set as default when launching the unit? I made this work with My AVIN unit in my E70, but the settings are a little different with this device.

Moreover, even when I manually switch it over and have the sound playing from bluetooth, if I hit the menu "Siri" button, it automatically switches the source on my iPhone from BMW bluetooth, back to Carplay.

At the end of the day, I can live with the sound coming from AUX, but if there were someway to have the sound come directly from bluetooth when launching, this would be much better. I understand when connecting to your OEM bluetooth, you will not hear siri's voice, but that's okay with me as I never have siri audio on for navigation anyway.

If anyone can give any insight, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
***Update, so it seems I did not give the unit enough credit. The issue i mentioned above with the car automatically switching to AUX is actually not true. It seems to stay in whatever input you turn the car off at. This is really great news. Now when I turn the car on, CarPlay opens up and it automatically connects to my BMW bluetooth and starts playing music. You can also plug in your phone via the BMW USB port and still use Carplay that way too.

A few things to consider with this. If you play the music through BMW bluetooth, your steering wheel control will be controlling your BMW bluetooth and the CarPlay menu at the same time so it pretty much renders the steering wheel control useless. NBD though as I prefer to use the iDrive knob anyway. I'll sacrifice losing this feature for better sound quality. Another issue that will arise with this is you can't use the "MENU" button for siri as it will automatically switch your source on your iPhone from BMW bluetooth, to "Carplay" and you'll lose sound. This is okay as well because I only use siri with voice by commanding "Hey Siri". Also my original suspicion of not hearing Siri if you're connected with your BMW bluetooth is not true. You can still hear her voice regardless.

For anyone interested in where I located my mic and USB port, see below:

Appreciate 2
      03-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #41
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Hi anyone has been able to update their box lately? Can't even access the support with current password.
Can someone pm the password ?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 04:10 AM   #42
GIANITALY
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M/MPPK

Garage List
  [0.00]
Works like champs. Everything connect as soon i get to my car and plays the app that i last used before. Also connect android and Apple same time and i can switch and any time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #43
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANITALY View Post
Works like champs. Everything connect as soon i get to my car and plays the app that i last used before. Also connect android and Apple same time and i can switch and any time.
I really like the steering wheel.. does it have heat?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 05:16 AM   #44
GIANITALY
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M/MPPK

Garage List
  [0.00]
Sorry for the late reply, i was gone for long time . No is not. is a cover that i bought from a website .
Appreciate 0