BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Yup. the BMW experience is sad. Many have similarly felt the experience. In Canada the build your F15 site was not even operational until recently. There is no site for tracking your order. Yes a new model is rushed, to book the orders, with details to follow.

Wow, multiple repeats and what an experience. Truly nonsensical.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #46
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

+1. Vote with your wallet next time and tell that crappy dealer "remember me?" when you show up in a competitors model.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #47
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

BLUF: Order DAP or the stand alone ($750) option if you want Top View like the E70 had.

2014 X5 50i Build Config on BMWUSA has been MAGICALLY updated to only advertise Back Up Camera. Amazing how that occurred since this oversight has been vetted by enthusiasts, not BMW Customer Service or CAs. I still have the PO I signed showing Standard Features with Top View. Bet the dealer does not inform me and tell me to order Surround View…to get Top View!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #48
Genechen22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 50

Surprised that it took them this long to fix. A lot of pissed off people!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #49
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
Guys, tks for the thoughts on this. If this was the car I drove everyday it would be already dumped at the dealer in no time. However, it is my wife's car and she does not care about it. She would not understand why she has to drive a POS car during MN winter just because I am not happy with the instrument cluster not having lights. Thus, I won't do anything. Also, it is more important to have my wife and kids safe in this car than driving a crappy car. The offer the dealer gave me was 2 weeks ago when the car had only 300 miles on it. It has 700 now. Also, he wanted me to believe he was being nice but in reality he was trying to make some money on someone that was willing to pay more to get the new X5 now instead of waiting until March 2014.

Also, my anger is not towards the car. The car is amazing. My anger is towards BMW that has a crappy website and the dealer that has no clue what they are selling. The CA showed me a car in the showroom and the car had a full LCD and backlit instrument cluster. I took pictures of it and mentioned how nice it was. Well, when I ordered the car with him and did not included HUD because I did not need it (ordered rear camera by itself) all I would expect from a "BMW expert" was for him to tell me that the instrument cluster that I liked so much would not come in the car I was ordering because I needed to order HUD to get it. That is why I am angry. I am the customer and not supposed to know this since it is not in the BMW website. He should be the expert helping me to make the best decision for my needs. However, all BMW dealers care is to sell a car. Once you buy it, you are on your won.

The fact that I will never show up at that dealer again after being a loyal customer for 8 years leasing 4 X5 is enough for me.
Are you really surprised that the dumbass CA didn't know shit from shineola about the brand new X5 model?

I come to this forum to educate myself on the product before I purchase. This site has helped me many times throughout the years on ordering the vehicle exactly as I wanted it. Sorry to say ... but you can't rely on anyone but yourself thesedays to get anything right!
Appreciate 0