11-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #23
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genechen22 View Post
Ultimately, a sorry from BMW will not be enough! If I had know I would've spent the extra $750 on a $80K car.

Will I fight tooth to nails on this one!
You should, it states clearly "rear view camera with top view".
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Going through the same crap with BMW on my X5. Talked to a supervisor on customer service. They offered to take the car back but next production date is March 2014 and cannot provide me a loaner. I cannot be without a car until March.

Quote:
Ultimately, a sorry from BMW will not be enough! If I had know I would've spent the extra $750 on a $80K car.

Will I fight tooth to nails on this one!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ex-'12 X6M, waiting on ?

Quote:
Just took delivery of a 50i and it did not have the top view as specified on the standard features!

WTF?????

Going to talk to BMWNA and see what they can do. If I've known I would've definitely paid for the surround view!
Can you post a picture of the mirrors with the missing cameras?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

I just sent a request to BMW Customer Service asking them to clarify and commented that their site content was horrible regarding "Build Your Own" Will post response once I get an answer.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #27
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep

The answer regarding the horrible "Build Your Own" will be the same I got this morning from a supervisor at BMW NA: "I really apologize for your frustration but unfortunately there is nothing we can do". The f....ing "Build Your Own" screwed up my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA99 View Post
I just sent a request to BMW Customer Service asking them to clarify and commented that their site content was horrible regarding "Build Your Own" Will post response once I get an answer.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

This is like the M5 seat fiasco last year, where owners ordered cars with 20-way seats (as advertised on bmwusa.com, too), and received 18-way seats, minus side bolsters.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
NOVA99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M-B GLS 580

Official Verdict from BMWUSA: if you want Top View you must order Surround View $750 option. Guess I will call dealer to update order to include Surr. View!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #30
Genechen22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 50

That's fine before the order is done. I don't have that option anymore! I received the car and it does not have the standard features as stated by their lovely color brochure.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #31
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
That's fine before the order is done. I don't have that option anymore! I received the car and it does not have the standard features as stated by their lovely color brochure.
Sorry to learn of the mess up by their part. It does not seem right, I can feel for you, as I am sure that I too would not be too pleased. Perhaps send an email to the new guy, Manfred to make sure that he is working hard. Do not easily let go, pursue your options. I once wrote a letter to Honda, Japan, they responded and told Honda Canada to assist and did respond to me. Do what is within your means, but always whatever you feel comfortable with.
It may not hurt to try, just time and satisfaction knowing that you did the best you could. Anyhow the F15 is to be enjoyed, so make it so.

https://www.bmwusfactory.com/bmw_art...manufacturing/
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry about that but forget anything from BMW. I called they customer service and talked to dozens of people and all they can say is "we are sorry", "I apologize", "I understand your frustration" BUT there is nothing we can do. It is clear that once you take the car from the dealer you are on your own. They could care less about customer loyalty or anything related to customer service.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #33
x5pilot
Fragile Explosion
Rep
Drives: X5 40d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
Tks. My dealer is useless. I know if they wanted to fix they would but they offered me to return my car (told me they had a buyer for it) and would order me a new one with production date for March 2014. I cannot stay without the car. I will call BMW customer service tomorrow and see what can be done. Basically, I needed the HUD instrument cluster to get the illumination during the day.
BMWMN1971, I dont mean to hijack this thread but Can you explain what you mean by "illumination during the day" - whats the difference between with and without the HUD?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #34
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5pilot View Post
BMWMN1971, I dont mean to hijack this thread but Can you explain what you mean by "illumination during the day" - whats the difference between with and without the HUD?
Thanks
Check out this thread http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913641 Basically, there are two different instrument clusters on the X5.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #35
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep

If you don't order HUD, BMW will supply your brand new $70k+ X5 with a cheap instrument cluster that is worst than the one in my 10 year old Infiniti. This cluster has just half LCD on the bottom right of the instrument cluster and during the day there is NO backlight on the instruments. It is all gray dead. If you drive the car in a cloudy day you can barely see the gauges. Oh, BTW, they won't tell you anywhere in their "genius Build Your Own" tool in their website. And the sales person at the dealer will have no clue about that as well. And when you get your car and see that disaster it is too late. Oh, and BMW will apologize to you BUT say there is nothing they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5pilot View Post
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #36
x5pilot
Fragile Explosion
Rep
Drives: X5 40d Msport

Thanks for the HUDs up! - (Sorry didn't mean to be a smart a$$!)
Genuinely thank you - I think with your experiences I will at the very least be prepared for a disappointment if I don't go for the HUD.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #37
MtgMaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genechen22
Anyone get the 50i without surround view? If so, do you have the side cameras?
Me. And nope, only back up camera.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you don't order HUD, BMW will supply your brand new $70k+ X5 with a cheap instrument cluster that is worst than the one in my 10 year old Infiniti. This cluster has just half LCD on the bottom right of the instrument cluster and during the day there is NO backlight on the instruments. It is all gray dead. If you drive the car in a cloudy day you can barely see the gauges. Oh, BTW, they won't tell you anywhere in their "genius Build Your Own" tool in their website. And the sales person at the dealer will have no clue about that as well. And when you get your car and see that disaster it is too late. Oh, and BMW will apologize to you BUT say there is nothing they can do.
Dude, give that X5 back, have them build you one properly equipped, and rent an SUV for the winter.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #39
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep

I gave up complaining. Will get used to the crappy cluster and in 3 years my lease is over and the dealer will never see my face again not even for service. I cannot wait until March 2014 to get a new car and since my wife drives this car she could not care less for the instrument cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Dude, give that X5 back, have them build you one properly equipped, and rent an SUV for the winter.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #40
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I gave up complaining. Will get used to the crappy cluster and in 3 years my lease is over and the dealer will never see my face again not even for service. I cannot wait until March 2014 to get a new car and since my wife drives this car she could not care less for the instrument cluster.
Three years is too long to be pissed at your ride--that kind of daily aggravation is corrosive. March will be here before you know it. Better to drive a POS rental for 90 days than drive something that angers you for 3 years. Just my 2p.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #41
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Three years is too long to be pissed at your ride--that kind of daily aggravation is corrosive. March will be here before you know it. Better to drive a POS rental for 90 days than drive something that angers you for 3 years. Just my 2p.
I agree. Based on your posts, you still seem unhappy about the way the car is configured. Maybe you should reconsider the dealership's offer to buy back your car and order a new one. It would suck for you to be irritated every time you got into the car for the next three years.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #42
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
I too reiterate the opines of AEC & Psycho assuming that the F15 is great. Jury is out but from the threads I have read on this forum vast majority is very happy. Perhaps start a new thread scale of 1-10 love it or hate it.

Three months may feel long but it is so short in terms of the big picture. I ordered 8/15 got it 11/22, during the wait I made changes. I do understand that if you already waited 3 months and then wait again, brutal. Give it some more thought.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #43
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep

I think the problem is that there is too much a la carte on the ordering options--heading in the Porsche direction. It's easy to get lost in the fine print. A better way is to look at the ordering options for the M5--only 3 packages I think, and a handful of options. Easy to get what you want without having to go back and double-check what you did.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #44
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep

Guys, tks for the thoughts on this. If this was the car I drove everyday it would be already dumped at the dealer in no time. However, it is my wife's car and she does not care about it. She would not understand why she has to drive a POS car during MN winter just because I am not happy with the instrument cluster not having lights. Thus, I won't do anything. Also, it is more important to have my wife and kids safe in this car than driving a crappy car. The offer the dealer gave me was 2 weeks ago when the car had only 300 miles on it. It has 700 now. Also, he wanted me to believe he was being nice but in reality he was trying to make some money on someone that was willing to pay more to get the new X5 now instead of waiting until March 2014.

Also, my anger is not towards the car. The car is amazing. My anger is towards BMW that has a crappy website and the dealer that has no clue what they are selling. The CA showed me a car in the showroom and the car had a full LCD and backlit instrument cluster. I took pictures of it and mentioned how nice it was. Well, when I ordered the car with him and did not included HUD because I did not need it (ordered rear camera by itself) all I would expect from a "BMW expert" was for him to tell me that the instrument cluster that I liked so much would not come in the car I was ordering because I needed to order HUD to get it. That is why I am angry. I am the customer and not supposed to know this since it is not in the BMW website. He should be the expert helping me to make the best decision for my needs. However, all BMW dealers care is to sell a car. Once you buy it, you are on your won.

The fact that I will never show up at that dealer again after being a loyal customer for 8 years leasing 4 X5 is enough for me.
Appreciate 0