BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Galion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 - 750iL

Sport + steering question

Hey guys, test drove a F15 today, loved every aspect except the overboosted steering, tried Sport + mode and it got much better, but didnt had the time to navigate through the menus to figure out if it is possible to control what aspects of Sport / Sport + I want or don't want.

I would like the heavier Sports steering, and more sensible throttle response, though I don't want the Sport Mode always holding the RPM's so high.

Is this possible?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

I checked out the menu, but didn't go through it in detail. I'll play with it tomorrow and get back to you.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

These are the only choices you get. You pick one of the three. There is no separate Sport Plus setting. It's either this or Eco Mode settings.

Z.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia
These are the only choices you get. You pick one of the three. There is no separate Sport Plus setting. It's either this or Eco Mode settings.

Z.
Do you have the adaptive m suspension or DHP? I believe it's only configurable of you have the adaptive. With that, you should also be able to configure sport plus (put it in sport + , select configure sport + or something like that). If you pick chassis only, throttle response is normal and only suspension and steering get tighter . This is how it works on my F30 with DHP anyway and I didn't see any option to configure our F15, which doesn't have the DHP.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Do you have the adaptive m suspension or DHP? I believe it's only configurable of you have the adaptive. With that, you should also be able to configure sport plus (put it in sport + , select configure sport + or something like that). If you pick chassis only, throttle response is normal and only suspension and steering get tighter . This is how it works on my F30 with DHP anyway and I didn't see any option to configure our F15, which doesn't have the DHP.
I have both Adaptive M and DHP. Hmm. I'll have to try that and get back to you.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Ok, so with that, you should be able to configure sport and sport + the same as what you posted, assuming it's the same as my F30 DHP.

Without the suspension upgrades but with an M Sport line (no sport + without it), it looks like, from what I'm seeing in ours, you can't configure them, but Sport does not have the super high revving throttle, just tightens up the wheel and suspension. I haven't even tried Sport + on it yet, since it's been snowing or raining just about every day since we got the car, and still snow and ice on the roads the days it actually was sunny.. But I'm assuming that probably has the tighter steering and suspension + higher revving tranny. This is actually exactly how I have my F30 configured for Sport and Sport +, so it worked out for us.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Sorry. No such luck. No "Setting" specifically for Sport +.

I rocked the center council "Sport/Comfort" up to Sport and Sport +, and on the infotainment screen, it gives me the "Settings" for the Sport, which I posted earlier. But nothing for "Sport +." I guess it's different on the F15.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Sorry. No such luck. No "Setting" specifically for Sport +.

I rocked the center council "Sport/Comfort" up to Sport and Sport +, and on the infotainment screen, it gives me the "Settings" for the Sport, which I posted earlier. But nothing for "Sport +." I guess it's different on the F15.

Z.
You know what, I was wrong. I was puzzled by it being different so just checked, in the F30, I can configure EcoPro and Sport, but NOT sport + nor comfort. Sorry for the confusion.

In any event, to the OP, if you configure your Sport the way Zipforia showed, select chassis only, it will give you the tighter feel you are looking for, without the "loose" high revving (gas sucking) transmission settings. Then you still have sport + when you want to have more fun. That's how I set up my 335, but I have to admit, I rarely use Sport + (no room to play here in suburbia...).
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
You know what, I was wrong. I was puzzled by it being different so just checked, in the F30, I can configure EcoPro and Sport, but NOT sport + nor comfort. Sorry for the confusion.
Phew~ For a minute there, I thought I paid for an option and didn't get it.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #10
Galion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 - 750iL

Thank you Zipforia and Chrisny, Good to know chassis and drivetrain can be programmed indepently.
Placing my order tomorrow after a final test drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #11
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galion View Post
Thank you Zipforia and Chrisny, Good to know chassis and drivetrain can be programmed indepently.
No problem. Just remember, it's only configurable if you get the adaptive M
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #12
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galion View Post
No worries. Glad we can help!

Z.
Appreciate 0