BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Door Seal Issue Petition Result

I want to start by saying a big "Thank You" to RickP for setting up the petition. And I, also, want to say "Thank You" to everyone that signed.

RickP received a call from BMW Customer Service Exec, who stated that the CEO of BMWNA received our petition email and is also aware of this issue. The Exec went on to say that this seal is new to the X5 and is for wind noise reduction. And, should have a solution for this issue by "no later than the first half of 2014." However, the Exec will give us an update around February of 2014. As soon as RickP or I get this update, we will post it here.

I am glad BMW is aware of this issue and are proactive about resolving it; rather than simply ignoring the issue and having the consumers deal with.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

Well done and nicely (so far) handled by BMW. Fingers crossed they keep their promise.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
I want to start by saying a big "Thank You" to RickP for setting up the petition. And I, also, want to say "Thank You" to everyone that signed.

RickP received a call from BMW Customer Service Exec, who stated that the CEO of BMWNA received our petition email and is also aware of this issue. The Exec went on to say that this seal is new to the X5 and is for wind noise reduction. And, should have a solution for this issue by "no later than the first half of 2014." However, the Exec will give us an update around February of 2014. As soon as RickP or I get this update, we will post it here.

I am glad BMW is aware of this issue and are proactive about resolving it; rather than simply ignoring the issue and having the consumers deal with.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia

Z.
Nice job!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Genechen22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 x5 50

Great work!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
ealtaras
Rep
Drives: X5

Did the executive tell you if the fix will be for new productions or if it will apply to existing owners as well? I wonder if it applies to existing owners how will they deal with it: will they call and ask you to bring in your car to replace them or something...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealtaras View Post
Did the executive tell you if the fix will be for new productions or if it will apply to existing owners as well? I wonder if it applies to existing owners how will they deal with it: will they call and ask you to bring in your car to replace them or something...
RickP did not mention to whom this fix will pertain to. I suspect, at this moment, BMW is focused on fixing the seal.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

Hey guys, I wanted to thank Zipforia for leading the charge here. The customer exec did not state whether this was for existing or future builds. I will keep you guys informed either way. Although annoying when it occurs, I don't think this issue is a show stopper to any current or future customers. Thanks everyone.

2011 Frozen Grey E92 M3
http://rpollak.com
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
AresM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Thanks peeps.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
rraghu75
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 xDrive

Thanks....appreciate taking the lead and good to know that BMW is proactive about it.
Appreciate 0