BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
2014MsportX5
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 MSport

Parking Light Malfunction

I had read a few threads previous where BMW was claiming some of the issues/sensor errors where generated as a result of the cold temperatures. A few posters said that likely sounds like BS or lazy dealers. I thought the same thing - however at least in my case there seems to be some truth to it.

A took delivery of my new X5 in weather that was above freezing had it for 2 days no issues. The first day it dropped below freezing I started it up and had a parking light malfunction error. Later that day the temperature had increased and when I started it then nothing.

Since that day I have tested it a few times parking it in the garage where its warm and outside overnight in below freezing temperatures. In every instance the below freezing made the error appear and above freezing no error.

Also the parking lights are actually not malfunctioning they are working fine. Taking it to the dealer next week to try to sort it out, but either way thought I would catalogue this here in case in future the issue happens to someone else. I will update after the dealer looks at it.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Thanks, and I hear you .... and would like to hear your update.
But this Toronto, not Calgary or Alberta ( where is it is much colder).
If this is the case, doesn't sound good.
Appreciate 0