Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

2014 F15 6WA Cluster

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Anyone interested in upgrading their all analog instrument cluster in their F15 to the 6WA half digital cluster? This will work on all models 2014-2018. I'm selling mine here as I will be upgrading to the 6WB. Has roughly 70,000 miles on it. Asking for $350 OBO. Cluster is in excellent condition. Let me know!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

I would suggest to virginize it before selling, would attract more potential buyers. Also if your car is early production years you might want to keep your cluster in case you need any INSTA/P programming. Can't do it with 6WB.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
ZFRED10
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
I would suggest to virginize it before selling, would attract more potential buyers. Also if your car is early production years you might want to keep your cluster in case you need any INSTA/P programming. Can't do it with 6WB.
RED, thank you for the suggestion. Could you please provide more input on what you mean by "INSTA/P programming"?

Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=44

Quote:
The only time you have to take it out for service is as Shawn mentioned above regarding the dealer doing ISTA/P diagnostic reprogramming - I think this is specifically for deeper issues or big problems. Here's more info about ISTA:

The ISTA program is BMW’s aftermarket diagnostics and reprogramming software that is designed to use the J2534 API interface to provide OEM level capabilities. The ISTA application consists of several functionally oriented system components that communicate with each other, offering various features and functions, through an Internet connected Client/Server arrangement.

ISTA offers powerful BMW and Mini vehicle diagnostic (ISTA/D) and reprogramming (ISTA/P) capabilities, with various options for vehicle identification for highly specific information searches and guided troubleshooting.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=56

Quote:
It needs to come out only for Dealer programming with ISTA/P. So, for routine maintenance it can be left in, but any service where the vehicle was brought in for a problem, or a service bulletin, it should be removed.
Appreciate 0