Drives: M3, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewx5m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by baliano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
OP,

Your F85 looks sick! I'd hold off on the F95 and MOD some more.
Thank you! I'm trying to decide what the next mod will be. Im leaning toward a carbon lip and diffuser.
Which lip and diffuser are you thinking?
I'm leaning towards the RKP for both the front and rear. I really like the 3D 'style' front lip but I've found the fitment can be tricky.
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #24
Blewx5m
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
OP,

Your F85 looks sick! I'd hold off on the F95 and MOD some more.
Thank you! I'm trying to decide what the next mod will be. Im leaning toward a carbon lip and diffuser.
Which lip and diffuser are you thinking?
I'm leaning towards the RKP for both the front and rear. I really like the 3D 'style' front lip but I've found the fitment can be tricky.
Very nice... Im on the same boat 🛥... I like the rkp diffuser and i know i should spend the money and get the real rkp diffuser bc the rkp style diffuser just looks off in certain pictures...as for the front, i was thinking about the vorsteiner.. Either way i cannot wait to see the pics
Appreciate 1
baliano287.50
      10-09-2019, 07:02 AM   #25
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Quote:
Very nice... Im on the same boat 🛥... I like the rkp diffuser and i know i should spend the money and get the real rkp diffuser bc the rkp style diffuser just looks off in certain pictures...as for the front, i was thinking about the vorsteiner.. Either way i cannot wait to see the pics
I like the vorsteiner front, just can't decide on the rear diffuser either. Anyone doing their rear spoilers also?
I have ~6 weeks to decide. Figure at this point, just wait till Black Friday to order my next batch of mods!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #26
TurnOne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

I still think the E70 X5M is best looking. So looks like F95 has unchanged torque spec. For most driving, you probably can't tell. Hmmm maybe I should downgrade.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:04 PM   #27
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

Quote:
Quote:
Very nice... Im on the same boat ��... I like the rkp diffuser and i know i should spend the money and get the real rkp diffuser bc the rkp style diffuser just looks off in certain pictures...as for the front, i was thinking about the vorsteiner.. Either way i cannot wait to see the pics
Gonna be posting soon an authentic RKP front lip recently refinished in satin clear if you guys happen to be interested. Great condition overall and practically looks new after the refinish, shoot me a PM if you are interested
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:29 AM   #28
rajindergill
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (F85), 328i (F30)

Garage List
I love the rims - what are they?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #29
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Both pure stock, I’ll be surprised if the new X5MC is faster/quicker than the new X3MC. My wife’s X3MC is 11.7 at 119mph and 3.45 0-60mph stiock.

I REALLY like the exterior/interior design of the F85. New X5M is pretty big.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #30
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajindergill View Post
I love the rims - what are they?
Thank you! They are 22' Rohana RFX11's.
Eisenmann Race Black Series/Dinan/Active Autowerke/ Morr VS52/H&R/Arkym Front lip/Arkym Rear diffuser/Blacked out exterior trim/Custom Mirror's/ Performance CF spoiler/Huper Optik 20%/Lux H8/ DD- F85 Donington/Mugello, FI DP, BootMod, KW V3

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #31
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Both pure stock, I’ll be surprised if the new X5MC is faster/quicker than the new X3MC. My wife’s X3MC is 11.7 at 119mph and 3.45 0-60mph stiock.

I REALLY like the exterior/interior design of the F85. New X5M is pretty big.
3.45 0-60😮 That's fast. That's roughly what I'm doing with a tune and downpipes. The little brother is flexing on the older sibling!

Appreciate 2
onfireX53616.50
      10-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #32
dougieefressh
Rep
Drives: YAS/SO F80

with out a doubt the new X3MC is a very capable small SUV! Also the color urban green on the F95 does look very very enticing!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 03:06 AM   #33
X5M_RoOkIE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
I agree with the above comments. I'll likely add some mods and see what the options are on the F95 in a couple years. Who knows, a test drive may change that route, but for now I think the F85 is still a head turner and a tire burner😎
nice wheels!
Appreciate 1
baliano287.50
      10-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #34
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Ok. I was in the same boat of continuing to mod my F85 but just saw the new F95 at Petit Le Mans and it’s definitely better looking in person. Very aggressive both in the front and the back.
Appreciate 1
baliano287.50
      10-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #35
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30er View Post
Ok. I was in the same boat of continuing to mod my F85 but just saw the new F95 at Petit Le Mans and it’s definitely better looking in person. Very aggressive both in the front and the back.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely eager to see it in person. It would have to wow me in looks and performance to justify the cost.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:33 AM   #36
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely eager to see it in person. It would have to wow me in looks and performance to justify the cost.
I had no performance increase going from E70 X5M to F85, E70 felt more raw but performance delta was not noticeable enough for a change in car happiness. I drove my brothers F10 M5 stage 1 tune and I honestly felt like it was in the same ball park as the F85/e70 M both stage 2 +. My guess is the performance upgrade F85 to F95 will be negligible and not worth a change for that reason. Parents just got a new G05 msport. I like the tech and exterior but again that cosmetic upgrade is not blowing the F85 out of the water (i even think the F85 looks better). The interior upgrade from the e70 to the F85 was a substantial but not performance. So, if the G05/F95 new interior/exterior is not blowing you out of the water and the performance increase most likely won't then... F85 to F95 upgrade not recommended.

In short if you are upgrading bc you're expecting some sort of quantifiable increase in car happiness or performance I'm gonna say no. I upgraded to the F85 bc my E70 was just getting old. Am I happier 3 months and $7k - $8k in mods later, not justifiably. If you are factoring in depreciation and deciding now is the time to get rid of the F85 bc the money is right, then yes. If your rolling in dough get the Lambo Urus or a G05 and something exotic on the side.

F85 and E70 X5M are both amazing cars as im sure the F95 will be.. no matter what anyone says, a worthy upgrade would be something that's substantially more expensive and the $$ would have to make sense. For what these cars do they are the pinnacle and there isn't much room for improvement.

Good luck with your decision but if you're happy with the F85 and you're in a good place money wise with the car then wait for a CPO F95 to hit the dealer and get that.

Last edited by StatenEye; 10-16-2019 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 4
      10-16-2019, 11:11 PM   #37
baliano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Quote:
I had no performance increase going from E70 X5M to F85, E70 felt more raw but performance delta was not noticeable enough for a change in car happiness. I drove my brothers F10 M5 stage 1 tune and I honestly felt like it was in the same ball park as the F85/e70 M both stage 2 +. My guess is the performance upgrade F85 to F95 will be negligible and not worth a change for that reason. Parents just got a new G05 msport. I like the tech and exterior but again that cosmetic upgrade is not blowing the F85 out of the water (i even think the F85 looks better). The interior upgrade from the e70 to the F85 was a substantial but not performance. So, if the G05/F95 new interior/exterior is not blowing you out of the water and the performance increase most likely won't then... F85 to F95 upgrade not recommended.

In short if you are upgrading bc you're expecting some sort of quantifiable increase in car happiness or performance I'm gonna say no. I upgraded to the F85 bc my E70 was just getting old. Am I happier 3 months and $7k - $8k in mods later, not justifiably. If you are factoring in depreciation and deciding now is the time to get rid of the F85 bc the money is right, then yes. If your rolling in dough get the Lambo Urus or a G05 and something exotic on the side.

F85 and E70 X5M are both amazing cars as im sure the F95 will be.. no matter what anyone says, a worthy upgrade would be something that's substantially more expensive and the $$ would have to make sense. For what these cars do they are the pinnacle and there isn't much room for improvement.

Good luck with your decision but if you're happy with the F85 and you're in a good place money wise with the car then wait for a CPO F95 to hit the dealer and get that.
Well said!

Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 05:45 AM   #38
X5M_RoOkIE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:

I Concur!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #39
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:

Ditto!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 03:16 PM   #40
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

I agree with StatenEye with a few more things to throw in...

I REALLY wish BMW would have put a better rear brake caliper on. I get it that you don't need as much brake power back there, but for $115k you'd think they'd put on a fixed caliper that looks good.

I do think that with a blackout package, that the gaping front face grills won't be that annoying.

I wish BMW would fix their CarPlay implementation too. If I'm plugged in via USB, it should default to that first before using WIFI/Bluetooth. I'm tired of dealing with random CarPlay drops and crap not connecting immediately after I stop, run in a store quickly, then turn the car back on and things don't reconnect. It's really pathetic.

Lastly, there's not enough of a performance gain to justify upgrading. If I were to change, I'd go to the 2020 Audi RS6 wagon...
Appreciate 0