BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Coding help here in Chicago on my X5 M

Wondering if anyone knows someone locally who can offer coding here in the Chicagoland area for my 16 X5 M?

Looking for the basics as well as anti dazzle, max brightness halos, and closing tailgate with key fob.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshah View Post
Wondering if anyone knows someone locally who can offer coding here in the Chicagoland area for my 16 X5 M?

Looking for the basics as well as anti dazzle, max brightness halos, and closing tailgate with key fob.

Thanks.
I'm meeting with a guy here that's doing all the LED headlight retrofit and KAFAS camera retrofit and stuff on my x5 and he does coding as well. Very good price. He's on eBay and sells led headlight retrofit kits for the 3 series.

Look him up bmwparts74.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
I'm meeting with a guy here that's doing all the LED headlight retrofit and KAFAS camera retrofit and stuff on my x5 and he does coding as well. Very good price. He's on eBay and sells led headlight retrofit kits for the 3 series.

Look him up bmwparts74.
Your PMs are full. Do you have his number so I can coordinate/get pricing?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Look him up bmwparts74.
Contact him through eBay here he is from Chicago and he makes all the retrofit harnesses and coding.

He's going to retrofit my LED headlights and KAFAS camera and stuff.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113686855424
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Look him up bmwparts74.
Contact him through eBay here he is from Chicago and he makes all the retrofit harnesses and coding.

On it. Thanks boss
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Look him up bmwparts74.

No response from him. If you get his attention please let me him know I pinged him on eBay.

Thanks bud!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Look him up bmwparts74.

No response from him. If you get his attention please let me him know I pinged him on eBay.

Thanks bud!
Yea no worries, he takes a while to respond but he does get to it. He's super busy an on business travel a lot. Sometimes it takes him a week to respond but just be patent as he will get back to you at some point.

If I see him this weekend I'll remind him to get back to you. If he hasn't already.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #8
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Yea no worries, he takes a while to respond but he does get to it. He's super busy an on business travel a lot. Sometimes it takes him a week to respond but just be patent as he will get back to you at some point.

If I see him this weekend I'll remind him to get back to you. If he hasn't already.
Thanks for the tip. You guys are lucky, as he's local to you! I did reached out to him today on ebay and got a quick reply. In my case, I need a tail light harness for the rear fogs, which he said he can fabricate for me. Cool guy & very knowledgeable about these vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #9
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the tip. You guys are lucky, as he's local to you! I did reached out to him today on ebay and got a quick reply. In my case, I need a tail light harness for the rear fogs, which he said he can fabricate for me. Cool guy & very knowledgeable about these vehicles.
Yea he's amazing. He makes a fully custom OEM style harness for retrofitting the LED headlights into the x5 so I'm super excited.

He can pretty much retrofit any option we missed on our rides. For the most part.
Appreciate 0