BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Pdubhtown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Rattling sound from cargo area

I have a new 2018 X5 and about a week ago I've been hearing this rattling sound from my cargo area as if something is loose or whatever. I've checked everything and all is secure. Have any of you guys experienced this and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
moutso
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X6M (Black Fire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubhtown View Post
I have a new 2018 X5 and about a week ago I've been hearing this rattling sound from my cargo area as if something is loose or whatever. I've checked everything and all is secure. Have any of you guys experienced this and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
Yes. I have a 2018 x6m. It was the "third" rear brake light (the one above thats at the top of the rear windshield. It was broken and they replaced.

Just take it to the dealer. They can do a couple of things if that's not the problem. They can "tighten or loosen" the clamp on how your trunk closes. Or they can add foam or foam glue behind your panels to stop the rattling.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #3
Pdubhtown
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moutso View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Yes. I have a 2018 x6m. It was the "third" rear brake light (the one above thats at the top of the rear windshield. It was broken and they replaced.

Just take it to the dealer. They can do a couple of things if that's not the problem. They can "tighten or loosen" the clamp on how your trunk closes. Or they can add foam or foam glue behind your panels to stop the rattling.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moutso View Post
Quote:

Thanks

Hope this helps.
Preciate it bro. I'll take it by there this weekend
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:

Thanks
I have a series of rattling noises as well in the back for a while. Now the last one seems as the trunk is not properly closed. I believe there are other members with similar complaints.

I suggest take it in to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #5
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
I had a creaking noise I thought was coming from the rear hatch. It turned out it was the latches on the rear seatbacks. The dealer wrapped some felt tape around the latch receptacle and it's quiet now. Thankfully this one is easy to diagnose: simply put the rear seats down and see if it goes away.
      09-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
ajgraham
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Nada

Just to rule out something tiny and insignificant, have you found the small bag with the netting in it tucked away in the left side hidden compartment in the trunk? I doubt it would make a noise but good to rule it out.
Appreciate 0