BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
Rydogg21
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D

Replacing Rear-window Washer (sprayer)

Does anyone have instructions on replacing the rear washer (sprayer) tucked into the rear wing? Some how this broke off and now sprays anything about 6 feet behind the car, which can be interesting for tailgaters but not so good for cleaning the rear window.

Just hoping to understand what it is going to take to do the work. Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
DJKSG35i
M user
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i Msport-2004 E46 M3

Pretty easy, I replaced one the other day.

1. The spoiler on the lift gate has to come off the vehicle, to do that lift the gate open and you will see some nuts on studs that need to come off.

2. Now some are visible but a few are under some plastic caps you have to remove to access them.
Remove those and carefully lift upwards.

3. There are some connectors that need to be detached As well as the main hose for the rear washer.

4. With the spoiler detached put it on a flat table or safe surface and you can access the washer that's clipped in the third brake light.

5. When you reinstall he careful not to pinch or kink the wires or the hose, line up all the studs to the holes and start all the nuts.

6. Before you tighten test the rear washer system and then tighten the nuts evenly and make sure your fit on the lift gate is satisfactory.
Test it again and have a friend confirm the brake light also works.

This was on a F15 X5
Appreciate 3
Dr. E0.00
      03-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...per/1VnXbBZFRK
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2021, 06:39 AM   #4
mad_max
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking for E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Does anyone have the instructions for how to remove and replace the rear washer? Newtis isn't available anymore.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_max View Post
Does anyone have the instructions for how to remove and replace the rear washer? Newtis isn't available anymore.
See the 4 instructions below...looks like you have to duplicate the rear brake light replacement procedure to replace the rear washer jet. And to do that you have to remove the rear spoiler (3rd instruction below) & remove the rear window frame (4th instruction below).
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
mad_max101.50
      10-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
BMWdmk
*Rollin 3rd*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something fast

Great info!
Mine has a dripping issue when I gun it. Tackling this weekend
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #7
mad_max
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
See the 4 instructions below...looks like you have to duplicate the rear brake light replacement procedure to replace the rear washer jet. And to do that you have to remove the rear spoiler (3rd instruction below) & remove the rear window frame (4th instruction below).
Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #8
mad_max
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkaldas View Post
Great info!
Mine has a dripping issue when I gun it. Tackling this weekend
Do you have the replacement part number?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 01:31 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_max View Post
Do you have the replacement part number?
Part nbrs can easily be found using one of the online part database sites like:
Click one of the links above and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN (or select your model/model year accordingly)…the rear wiper diagrams are found in the VEHICLE ELECTRONICS diagrams. Look for item #8 in the diagram below when you go to one of the sites above. Once you have the BMW 11 digit BMW part number that is correct for your model/model year/production date…you can simply google BMW xx xx x xxx xxx (where x=the part nbrs) to find vendors that sell that part. Or you can call your local BMW dealership’s parts department to have them order it as well as get a price quote. Many dealership parts departments may attempt to price match if you can show them the online prices. They may not match it directly but may be able to lower their price to where it may match if you compare the part + local taxes versus online price + shipping & handling.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
mad_max101.50
      11-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #10
mad_max
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Part nbrs can easily be found using one of the online part database sites like:
Click one of the links above and enter the last 7 digits of your VIN (or select your model/model year accordingly)…the rear wiper diagrams are found in the VEHICLE ELECTRONICS diagrams. Look for item #8 in the diagram below when you go to one of the sites above. Once you have the BMW 11 digit BMW part number that is correct for your model/model year/production date…you can simply google BMW xx xx x xxx xxx (where x=the part nbrs) to find vendors that sell that part. Or you can call your local BMW dealership’s parts department to have them order it as well as get a price quote. Many dealership parts departments may attempt to price match if you can show them the online prices. They may not match it directly but may be able to lower their price to where it may match if you compare the part + local taxes versus online price + shipping & handling.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0