BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #23
Alegria
X5 25d sdrive (on order)
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 25d sdrive

Color seems sparkling brown, much the same as on the X5. Few seem to like it, but it stands out from all the white and black cars. It's actually quite dark unless in very bright light.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #24
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
... The overall design needs to be tougher not feminized.
Interestingly, this reminded me of one of the articles that I read about it today (another pov):

"Up front, the massive headlights connected to the grilles give off a menacing look while the M Sport bumper looks like it’s able to swallow people alive."

I don't know if I want my car to swallow people alive, but I think that the front-end of the MSport is smashing.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #25
Windy City
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 IND/ESS modded vert

The color looks like an OD green turned metallic. Greens, browns, and reds are more subject to likes and dislikes as there look is dependent on ones color perception. To people who are color blind, they all blend together.

Now sure about the average X6, but regarding the X6 M, there are 2 kinds of people in the world.

Those who own one, and those who have not driven one.

The European connection can't embrace the size of the X6 or X5. This is pretty much SOP on the other side of the pond. If you have driven there, you would know why. Expensive petrol, carbon taxes, and an infrastructure throughout towns and cities that have been in existence far longer without fossil fuel burning transportation that with. It takes less width to get opposing ponies to pass than BMW SUV's.

The lying share of the market is here and in China for these SUV's. Of course, China's demand will surpass the USA's in the next year or two.

Kudos to BMW and the X6. Every auto manufacture wishes they could sell a model that demands so much emotion, love or hate.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #26
bclemans
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW M3 Competition

Stretching the 300 HP I-6 for 2015? BMW, bring out the new engine already.

Porsche just announced a 333 HP V6 for the Cayenne:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...turbo-v-6-more

Mercedes and Audi also has higher output V6 than BMW now.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #27
MParallel
Mr. OEM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '98 E36 M3 AW/Black 1 of 12

Not feeling this tractor trailer. Maybe the X6M will look better.

Interior is nice though.

'1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung • 1 von 12 • SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL •

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #28
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Please, stop the argument. If you don't like it, fine, but you are in the X5/X6 section of the forum. Anyway, you are in the wrong brand if you are looking on SUV for the size and practicality.
I mean, think about it, why would you buy an X5M or X6M which you will never strip out the interior to save weight, put a roll cage, change the turbo, upgrade the piston, put external fire safe race fuel tank and finally, track the SUV or even track it with a stock condition.
I personally may, that's why I am taking my sDrive35i to the track on Tuesday.
I hope I got my dashcam by Monday, and so I can share my personal experience on this SUV on the track condition.
I mean, if you are looking for a real SUV, my suggestion, the Murican's.
If you are looking for a real Race Car, forget the warranty and get the car you like and build the way you like it, not the way the corporate dictate you.
Trust me I have all this crazy idea in my head for my SUV, but so far, I am still going to enjoy it mostly on the street, so I can't apply all the crazy ideas yet.
Maybe I will get the 2-series to do all the crazy stuff.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #29
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

If only that interior was in the X4, that red color looks killer!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #30
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
.....you are in the wrong brand if you are looking on SUV for the size and practicality.......
+1

I keep a Land Cruiser (LX470) as an SUV. The X5/6 cars were never intended to be nor designed as true SUVs (with off roach practicality). That BMW calls them SAVs is quite telling. Activity, as in go to the grocery store, take kids to sports practice, haul a bike or two on rack on paved roads, drive to parking lot at a trail-head, drive on snowy roads after the have been cleared, etc.

The X6 is a very attractive vehicle in my view, and a riot to drive. But that green color, reminiscent of the vomit in the Exorcist, is really unnecessary.
      10-03-2014, 02:11 AM   #31
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Can we have X5M presented instead of this fugliness. Thank you, BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #32
Wobbles
Second Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F02, F13, F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Anyway, you are in the wrong brand if you are looking on SUV for the size and practicality.
+1. Couldn't have put it better
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #33
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Bit off thread I know, but I watched this programme earlier in the week.
If you want a REAL SUV how about this BAD BOY?

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/news/...3-ghe-o-rescue

(Hopefully the link works)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #34
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Bit off thread I know, but I watched this programme earlier in the week.
If you want a REAL SUV how about this BAD BOY?

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/news/...3-ghe-o-rescue

(Hopefully the link works)
Link didn't work, but I remember it from a while ago. Another company made one too that reminds me of a space ship interior: http://95octane.com/2014/09/29/avtoros-shaman-8x8-atv/

10-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #35
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Damn! Its different...try this;

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/news/...thash.ygLwOOaJ
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:53 AM   #36
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
I know it's different, lol. That link doesn't work either, but I know what you're talking about. It's the Ghe-O-Rescue that resembles a Hummer on steroids:
      10-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #37
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I know it's different, lol. That link doesn't work either, but I know what you're talking about. It's the Ghe-O-Rescue that resembles a Hummer on steroids:
That's the one!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #38
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
Ummm...its smaller than an X5. And, well, you're on an X5/X6 forum, so ... you know.

I don't think anyone "needs" either an X5 or an X6. Most larger Ford SUVs would do the trick. Come to think of it, no one "needs" an F32 4series either. A Ford Fiesta would probably do the trick. So lets not throw any stones.
Yeah you're right, all apologies.... but let me put it that way : what do you like about those huge cars ?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #39
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirschwarz View Post
Yeah you're right, all apologies.... but let me put it that way : what do you like about those huge cars ?
More headroom/legroom, more space for storage/packing things, more comfort for other passengers, off-roading capability if need be, being able to drive in ALL weather conditions including snow, and safety.

The list goes on, but those are just a few main points .
      10-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #40
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirschwarz View Post
Elevated ride height. I also prefer a luxury interior, superior electronics, driving impression and good access to the dealer. Not measuring up with any one of those things is a deal breaker for me. Most of the general public may not agree with this, but the interior negates an X4 and the Audis. Electronics, Audi, Porsche and RR. Driving impression, anything Japanese. Mercedes, not for me. Location to the dealer, RR sucks for me (downtown).

What's left? High end BMWs. I owned an E70, but it 'drove too big' for me. For my usage and driving style, an X6 is almost perfect. However I do wish it was 6" smaller in every direction but size wasn't a requirement for me unless it affects the driving impression. Mileage also plays no part (but getting at least 300mi out a tank does, so no 50i)

If the X6 didn't exist, I'd probably get a Macan. For some unknown reason, every single brand skimps on their smaller SUVs with the exception of Porsche. Their electronics suck (even in comparison to Ford!) but they know how to build a stylin' SUV that drives like its on rails.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #41
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

What the hell happened in this thread?
      10-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #42
Windy City
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 IND/ESS modded vert

Not sure I get the comparison: SAV = Sport Activity Vehicle and SUV = Sport or Suburban Utility Vehicle.

BMW's reference to SAV is strictly marketing, nothing more.

80% of the population of the US lives in urban areas.

So one could say, "we will only market to the +/-253 million people living in urban areas and screw the rest" and they would still have enough market.

Of course it would be interesting to know, of the 20% in non-urban areas, how many live below the poverty level.

If anyone thinks any manufactures' current production four wheel or all wheel drive is any more capable than any others, they are incorrect.

Maybe 20 years ago when we drove solid front and/or rear axle four wheel drives. But not now. Now off road capability is governed by ground clearance any $2,000.00 wheels with way to little sidewall protecting them.

Most owners think of "off road" as the time they parked in the grass at the county fair.

Manufacturers make claims of how "off road capable" and how they can take it 20 miles through rough terrain or whatever. But, you never hear the caveat, and it only had $15,000.00 worth of mechanical and cosmetic damage when finished.

Then again one would be hard pressed to find 20 contiguous miles in the US without a road.

It is completely ridiculous to think that any engineer at any auto maker is give the directive to make a more off road capable vehicle. Ask the Hummer engineers.

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing.

The bottom line is how many people want the reassurance of all wheel drive, a larger heavier vehicle, sit higher/have better visibility, and have more passenger/pet/cargo room then a typical sedan.

All of these things give the sensibility (fact or perceived) of safety.

To further refine the quest, some want a SUV that feels like a sports car when the mood (or song on the radio) beckons for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #43
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
What the hell happened in this thread?
Detour
      10-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #44
godmans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i / 335i / X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Pilot View Post
Appropriately, the X6 continues to be,, the most arrogant SUV on the market.
Purely from a discussion sake... that is the very same reason why one might choose to buy one. After it started catching my attention on the road, I cant get it off my mind on how "in your face" it is.

On the same line, the new GC SRT8 does a similar thing for me in terms of road presence but I am not sure if there is a lot of folks x-shopping between GC SRT and X5M/X6M.
Appreciate 0