BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2021, 08:17 PM   #23
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
Man I wish I had known! I did make sure to get App Control with mine which is neat.
Yeah, for me the app control is non-negotiable...gotta have it.

Btw, in the future if you go with the ebay m-sport fender flares you're going to need spacers if you like that flush look. The fenders stick out 1.25" which doesn't sound like a lot, but makes your wheels look sunken in. My wheels were flush before the fenders and after I needed 20mm rear and 15mm front for that flush aggressive stance.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 05:55 AM   #24
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipark View Post
any issues with the AFE intake throwing a CEL?
None at all! I had read all the threads about codes but just made sure everything was tight. No issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post

Btw, in the future if you go with the ebay m-sport fender flares you're going to need spacers if you like that flush look. The fenders stick out 1.25" which doesn't sound like a lot, but makes your wheels look sunken in. My wheels were flush before the fenders and after I needed 20mm rear and 15mm front for that flush aggressive stance.
Noted on the flares, luckily I still have my spacer set from the stock 19s to at least try out if needed. To be honest, I really love how meaty it looks with 20s and no flares so I'm torn. Let's see how she looks after a drop
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 06:53 AM   #25
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

What brand spacers did you use for the 15mm front?.
Trying to research and seeing information that only 5mm or 20mm fits on front due to front hub design.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #26
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
What brand spacers did you use for the 15mm front?.
Trying to research and seeing information that only 5mm or 20mm fits on front due to front hub design.
H&R I don't think 5mm front will clear and I'm about 99% sure mine are 15mm front.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #27
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Noted on the flares, luckily I still have my spacer set from the stock 19s to at least try out if needed. To be honest, I really love how meaty it looks with 20s and no flares so I'm torn. Let's see how she looks after a drop
What really bothered me w/ the OEM black flush arches is they are black, so from afar it exaggerates the the wheel to fender gap. It's like the black almost looks like a shadow. I wasn't dropped but I'm assuming this still might be the case when you lower yours.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #28
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
What really bothered me w/ the OEM black flush arches is they are black, so from afar it exaggerates the the wheel to fender gap. It's like the black almost looks like a shadow. I wasn't dropped but I'm assuming this still might be the case when you lower yours.
We'll find out, but I do get what you're saying. I really just love how meaty the rear end looks without the flares at the moment. Just begging for a drop though lol.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #29
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
We'll find out, but I do get what you're saying. I really just love how meaty the rear end looks without the flares at the moment. Just begging for a drop though lol.
lol I know what you mean! Mine has been begging for about 2 years now and that bitch is finally going to get what she wants
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #30
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Review on RaceChip RS after 1k miles: Daily drive it set on Sport at 4 out of 6 with Race set at 6. Jumping between the two, you can definitely tell the increase.

Driving characteristics are largely unchanged. Every now and then when cruising and with a good amount of rolling throttle input, I can feel the car jerking from the box intercepting the signal.

Overall, very happy!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #31
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Small update. Did a road trip from Kansas City to Detroit and back over the past two weeks. Car didn't skip a beat, very impressed.

Felt a couple cold start stutters due to colder Michigan mornings so going to change plugs and do another oil change in the next week or two for good measure.

Time to get rid of the shit run-flats on the 451's for some new tires. Leaning Vredestein this time.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2021, 03:12 PM   #32
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yay for new tires. The run flats that the Style 451's came with were destroyed after my trip to Detroit and back so we went with Conti DWS06's this time. Ran DWS's on 4 cars now, zero complaints. Need to buy the spare tire kit now...

Appreciate 1
      05-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #33
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Not a whole lot of updates. RaceChip has been fun and added a radar detector a couple weeks ago.

Just did some maintenance, oil change and fresh spark plugs at 28k miles because I'm OCD as fck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #34
Mikegfx4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i Coupe

Did you wrap the lower bumper trim while it was on the car or remove it then wrap it? I'm going to be starting blacking out mine as well (I've got a '14 xLine 50i)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 12:11 PM   #35
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
Not a whole lot of updates. RaceChip has been fun and added a radar detector a couple weeks ago.

Just did some maintenance, oil change and fresh spark plugs at 28k miles because I'm OCD as fck.
I will be installing the afe intake you have once I receive it. It's currently on back order. Any tips? Noticeable improvement? I have mppk and RaceChip gts on the car. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #36
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegfx4 View Post
Did you wrap the lower bumper trim while it was on the car or remove it then wrap it? I'm going to be starting blacking out mine as well (I've got a '14 xLine 50i)
Yep the lower trim is wrapped too. The pieces just pry out with some finesse, I found a video somewhere that showed how to take them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutF15 View Post

Quote:

I will be installing the afe intake you have once I receive it. It's currently on back order. Any tips? Noticeable improvement? I have mppk and RaceChip gts on the car. Thanks
With the intake, just make sure all the bolts are tight. No issues on mine and I've had it installed since January and put about 7k miles of road trips and city driving. As long as connections are tight, no CEL to be triggered.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 10:39 AM   #37
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegfx4 View Post
Yep the lower trim is wrapped too. The pieces just pry out with some finesse, I found a video somewhere that showed how to take them off.

Quote:

Quote:

With the intake, just make sure all the bolts are tight. No issues on mine and I've had it installed since January and put about 7k miles of road trips and city driving. As long as connections are tight, no CEL to be triggered.
Thanks for the tips. Any performance improvement you noticed?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #38
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh yea, butt dyno definitely feels it. A little more psh noises too.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2021, 07:03 AM   #39
lionyard
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Sounds and looks good. What's next?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 04:18 PM   #40
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionyard View Post
Sounds and looks good. What's next?
Thanks! Actually just spent my rainy day flashing the TCU with XHP Stage 2. Highly recommend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      05-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #41
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got the M-Sport Steering Wheel and airbag installed and coded. Wheel came from an f30, paddles worked immediately after coding and didn't need to run any additional wires.

Makes the TCU tune and RaceChip infinitely more enjoyable.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-21-2021, 06:03 PM   #42
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So I received the intake. Followed instructions step by step to take my car apart, then to the next step of assembling the intake to find out the cone filter is not the right part. Too big. FML. So fukking pissed
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 03:46 PM   #43
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So I received the intake. Followed instructions step by step to take my car apart, then to the next step of assembling the intake to find out the cone filter is not the right part. Too big. FML. So fukking pissed
Dang dude that blows. Hopefully they take care of you.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2021, 03:12 PM   #44
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Dude! I would be too
Appreciate 1