BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #23
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Don't do that. Don't throw personal insults because somebody disagrees with you. Your comment is inappropriate and doesn't belong on this forum.
What? I was responding to being directly told I was making up something to feel important, and that this call I received from BMW was total BS.

Why don't you tell the person who ATTACKED me on MY post, how inappropriate they are?! Insane.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #24
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
What? I was responding to being directly told I was making up something to feel important, and that this call I received from BMW was total BS.

Why don't you tell the person who ATTACKED me on MY post, how inappropriate they are?! Insane.
For the record, I believe that you received the call and appreciated you sharing it with the community. I agree that it is a good business practice and applaud BMW for doing so.

However, the forum member who thinks it is "BS" is entitled to his opinion. He explained that he thinks that some people make things up on the internet to make themselves feel important, he did not cross the line by insulting you personally.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004001.50
      11-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #25
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Another sign of the times. Simple post about an interesting move to show a valued customer some love has quickly deteriorated.
For the record (part deux), if calling BS on someone and telling them that they are lying and trying to inflate their ego on the interwebs isn't a personal attack, what is?
      11-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #26
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
Another sign of the times. Simple post about an interesting move to show a valued customer some love has quickly deteriorated.
For the record (part deux), if calling BS on someone and telling them that they are lying and trying to inflate their ego on the interwebs isn't a personal attack, what is?
Perfectly said. Thank you. Being a BMW and Rolls-Royce customer since 2004, I was really stoked when I got this call, and wanted to share it with the awesome Members on this board...only to get told I was full of BS and making myself feel important. I regret posting about the phone call.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #27
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
There is a big difference between not believing an internet forum member and throwing a personal insult at them.

FWIW... he did say he would apologize if there was proof of the call.

Quote:
Perfectly said. Thank you. Being a BMW and Rolls-Royce customer since 2004, I was really stoked when I got this call, and wanted to share it with the awesome Members on this board...only to get told I was full of BS and making myself feel important. I regret posting about the phone call.
You shouldn't regret posting about the phone call, we appreciated it! It's the personal insult that was unnecessary. So what if somebody doesn't believe you, you are just a random screen name in their eyes.

Edit: For the record (Part Trois), I enjoy reading your posts and feel that you bring good quality information to the community. I was just disappointed to see you lower yourself to that level with the personal insult, it was out of character for you.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 11-14-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #28
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
There is a big difference between not believing an internet forum member and throwing a personal insult at them.

FWIW... he did say he would apologize if there was proof of the call.

You shouldn't regret posting about the phone call, we appreciated it! It's the personal insult that was unnecessary. So what if somebody doesn't believe you, you are just a random screen name in their eyes.

Edit: For the record (Part Trois), I enjoy reading your posts and feel that you bring good quality information to the community. I was just disappointed to see you lower yourself to that level with the personal insult, it was out of character for you.
Telling me I posted something to make myself feel more important, and telling me the call I received from BMW was BS (a call verified by another Forum Member than ALSO received it from BMW) is a DIRECT PERSONAL INSULT.

You seem like a nice guy, but I personally feel it is out of character for you to be down my throat, but you are just white washing the insults that were said to me. Not fair, Not cool.
Appreciate 1
Chadmatic660.50
      11-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #29
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

@deutch100, thank you for sharing with us, it's obvious that some or very little over here doubt the info, but if they do they should just ignore and jump to the second post, cheers...
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004001.50
      11-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #30
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Telling me I posted something to make myself feel more important, and telling me the call I received from BMW was BS (a call verified by another Forum Member than ALSO received it from BMW) is a DIRECT PERSONAL INSULT.

You seem like a nice guy, but I personally feel it is out of character for you to be down my throat, but you are just white washing the insults that were said to me. Not fair, Not cool.
listen man, you don't have to like what I say but it's a forum, you're not always going to hear what you want. don't take it so personally, like I said, who am I? go on with your life man!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #31
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I just hate to see the ad hominem flame wars that seem to break out here when there is a misunderstanding or difference of opinion between fellow forum members. I didn't view his words as a personal insult because they wouldn't have offended me whereas your response definitely would have. That is why I felt compelled to intervene, in the same way that I would feel compelled to break up a fight between my peers or my friends and call them out if they said something out of character. I hope you understand where I am coming from. I respect you and look forward to reading more of your posts.
Appreciate 1
deutsch1004001.50
      11-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #32
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

I have received personal calls from BMW NA. TWICE. First time after i had purchased 2015 F15 and had rather a small but annoying issue with my back gate rattle. ( i posted about it here). Engineer from corporate office called me personally and offered dates when he will be out in the field to take a look at my car. Second time after i got 2017 F15 rep personally thanked me for the loyalty to the brand. Both times phone calls were from SC with their area codes. Both times i was thanked and asked if there is anything i did not like about build, and anything i could suggest.
      11-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #33
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
@deutch100, thank you for sharing with us, it's obvious that some or very little over here doubt the info, but if they do they should just ignore and jump to the second post, cheers...
Thanks Mate
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #34
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
I have received personal calls from BMW NA. TWICE. First time after i had purchased 2015 F15 and had rather a small but annoying issue with my back gate rattle. ( i posted about it here). Engineer from corporate office called me personally and offered dates when he will be out in the field to take a look at my car. Second time after i got 2017 F15 rep personally thanked me for the loyalty to the brand. Both times phone calls were from SC with their area codes. Both times i was thanked and asked if there is anything i did not like about build, and anything i could suggest.
THANK YOU. Looks like there are several of us who got total "BS made up" calls from BMW to check in on our F15 satisfaction and there are a few of us who like to make ourselves feel important! LOL
Appreciate 2
artem123249.50
Chadmatic660.50