BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-24-2023, 09:50 AM   #1
ibjesster2002
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 MC Blue Comp

Valvetronic Designs Exhaust

Anyone have any experience with Valvetronic Designs Exhaust?
(https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...40251794522148)
I (too) am in the current state of trying to find the perfect sound for my 2018 X5M. Coming from an F10 M5 so I am very aware of the... "unique" sound these BMW V8's make. That said, I have been leaning towards Fi and they have plenty of thumbs up from the forum threads, but just don't want buyers remorse like I had with the M5 (I didn't get valves and wifey/sleeping baby didn't like it). I am typically a more is better type (when it comes to hearing HP) and am already looking at DP's as well, but I want to start with the most aggressive catback valved system I can and work from there. (BM3 tune is already purchased... just waiting for warranty to end)

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 10:56 AM   #2
mcanzio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Garage List
2023 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5M F85  [0.00]
Hey there -

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago with my 2018 X5M and not sure which exhaust to choose. I ended up going with the Valvetronic Designs Exhaust after much debate. Very happy with it! Sounds amazing when the valves are open and quiet and discreet when closed. I got it around black Friday with 15-20% off so it was hard to resist at that price point for a full catback exhaust.

If you want to hear how mine sounds...my instagram is silverstone_f85. Video clips don't do it justice but you will get a feel for the sound.

Side note - I also just installed Active Autowerke Catted GESI downpipes and the RK Autowerks carbon fiber front mount intakes....sound is incredible now! I also have the BM3 stage 2 tune on 91 octane and XHP Flashtool Stage 3. It's a beast and still very drivable and smooth when in comfort.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 11:28 AM   #3
ibjesster2002
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 MC Blue Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanzio View Post
Hey there -

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago with my 2018 X5M and not sure which exhaust to choose. I ended up going with the Valvetronic Designs Exhaust after much debate. Very happy with it! Sounds amazing when the valves are open and quiet and discreet when closed. I got it around black Friday with 15-20% off so it was hard to resist at that price point for a full catback exhaust.

If you want to hear how mine sounds...my instagram is silverstone_f85. Video clips don't do it justice but you will get a feel for the sound.

Side note - I also just installed Active Autowerke Catted GESI downpipes and the RK Autowerks carbon fiber front mount intakes....sound is incredible now! I also have the BM3 stage 2 tune on 91 octane and XHP Flashtool Stage 3. It's a beast and still very drivable and smooth when in comfort.
NICE! Just what I was looking for! It "looks" like it would sound good with the valves open as the piping flows, but you can never really tell until you hear it! Yours looks and sounds fantastic!
Appreciate 0