Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
I will work on trying to understand it, in the meantime thanks for treating me like the non M driver that I am!
Whoa whoa. We are M drivers; we have M Sport, which is essentially an M but just with a more fuel efficient engine and different bumpers.
essentially
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #24
J///MJ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5m black fire edition

You are lucky the only put 13 on yours, I took my 2018 x5m in just about 2500 miles for clicking noise when I make turns. They figured it out while I was there and ended up changing both front axles. Then through my connected drive app on my phone, found out the drove 76 miles while it was there over the weekend. And called the dealership right away. Made complaint, the offer to detailed my truck or pay for the miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 01:39 AM   #25
///MLOVER
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Just want to update on the situation. I took the car back today to get the alignment Redone since it was worse than when I took it in originally. Wow where do I start? Haha took the car in this morning after talking to the SA about why I waited so long. He then told me up up for a brake fluid. It will be done by the end of the day. I go back around 5 before they close at 5:30. He told me they sent the car down the street to a alignment shop/tire shop. I got very angry and told him I payed 200$ so I can get my car taken to a ghetto tire shop that I could have went to myself. I was so angry. So they had given the car to that shop last time when they put 13 miles on the car. They were going to leave the car there with out any gates around the tire shop in a unsafe area overnight. I said I want to take my car home tonight. After all that they take me to my car and say bring your car back Monday we scratch your right rear rim!!!!!!!! Not a small scratch deep scratches that require bondo or something to fix. And if they paint that one rim that one will be new and shiny compared to the other 3. Should I ask them to paint all 4 so they match?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #26
Sergey8136
Rep
Drives: X5m

Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MLOVER View Post
Just want to update on the situation. I took the car back today to get the alignment Redone since it was worse than when I took it in originally. Wow where do I start? Haha took the car in this morning after talking to the SA about why I waited so long. He then told me up up for a brake fluid. It will be done by the end of the day. I go back around 5 before they close at 5:30. He told me they sent the car down the street to a alignment shop/tire shop. I got very angry and told him I payed 200$ so I can get my car taken to a ghetto tire shop that I could have went to myself. I was so angry. So they had given the car to that shop last time when they put 13 miles on the car. They were going to leave the car there with out any gates around the tire shop in a unsafe area overnight. I said I want to take my car home tonight. After all that they take me to my car and say bring your car back Monday we scratch your right rear rim!!!!!!!! Not a small scratch deep scratches that require bondo or something to fix. And if they paint that one rim that one will be new and shiny compared to the other 3. Should I ask them to paint all 4 so they match?
Hey can I throw some gas in to the fire, my friend works as a mechanic for high end dealership, he often comes by my house on a test drive, he drives them hard and brings them to radline but never abuse them, so don’t get to worked up, who usually works as a mechanic it’s not a college professor it’s a car enthusiast who probably makes around 60-70k annual, so when they get something nice like what you have it’s very tempting and hard not to test this car for 13 miles
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 11:45 PM   #27
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey8136 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MLOVER View Post
Hey can I throw some gas in to the fire, my friend works as a mechanic for high end dealership, he often comes by my house on a test drive, he drives them hard and brings them to radline but never abuse them, so don’t get to worked up, who usually works as a mechanic it’s not a college professor it’s a car enthusiast who probably makes around 60-70k annual, so when they get something nice like what you have it’s very tempting and hard not to test this car for 13 miles
That kind of logic would make it okay for people to take anything that isn't theirs, because they really appreciated it, but can't afford it.....so it's fine. It's not the mechanics car!
Appreciate 2
Chadmatic660.50
iconoclast7265.50
      03-19-2018, 11:15 PM   #28
///MLOVER
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Went to get my car back and they scratched my right rear rim pretty badly. It's the 21 in black. They said to bring the car in for them to fix it. Now one is going to look shiny and new compared to the rest. Can I ask them to repaint all 4?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:23 PM   #29
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

This guy is great...
Appreciate 1
Bogey4me152.00
      03-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #30
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Another option is to scratch the other three rims to match. Then it will look intentional
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:38 PM   #31
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

i have a great relationship with my SA and one of the mechanics at the dealer, known them for years and get them stuff like food and gift cards for holidays, and whenever i can.

i get stuff worked on out of warranty for free, "courtesy" coupons for alignment (ie. SA tells the desk clerk to charge me XX instead of XXX), other stuff not covered in free maintenance, quick turn around service without appointments, sometimes my pick of loaners, etc.

Same goes for my CA, been a customer for over 15 years. When the m3/m4 first came out in '14, few people got to test drive the cars. I went to my CA and he just tosses me the keys to one and says have fun, same for the M5, whatever new car is out that is physically at the dealership, etc. He was even able to do a favor for me for my m3, which he transferred and exhanged an exec demo in transit on ship with nearly my exact specs to his dealership. He told me to go to a 3 series event and get 1.5k off the car from BMWNA, etc.

You get more things in life by being nice and finding commonalities with other human beings. Be patient, and build up a friendship with people, it's always worth the time.

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S

Last edited by dkhm3; 03-21-2018 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #32
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
i have a great relationship with my SA and one of the mechanics at the dealer, known them for years and get them stuff like food and gift cards for holidays, and whenever i can.

i get stuff worked on out of warranty for free, "courtesy" coupons for alignment (ie. SA tells the desk clerk to charge me XX instead of XXX), other stuff not covered in free maintenance, quick turn around service without appointments, sometimes my pick of loaners, etc.

Same goes for my CA, been a customer for over 15 years. When the m3/m4 first came out in '14, few people got to test drive the cars. I went to my CA and he just tosses me the keys to one and says have fun, same for the M5, whatever new car is out that is physically at the dealership, etc. He was even able to do a favor for me for my m3, which he transferred and exhanged an exec demo in transit on ship with nearly my exact specs to his dealership. He told me to go to a 3 series event and get 1.5k off the car from BMWNA, etc.

You get more things in life by being nice and finding commonalities with other human beings. Be patient, and build up a friendship with people, it's always worth the time.
I'm sorry to say this but I lived in a corrupt society for around 9 years and this is exactly the spirit to get things done over there. Even asking for direction to somewhere would require handing out something first, even if it's a cigarette, otherwise you get no direction or wrong direction Nearly everyone smoked there.

Now just consider the converse at that dealership - those who don't give gifts get deliberately very bad service and get jumped on the list by you know who. Why? Because they start feeling entitled and tend to neglect or not do their best to those who don't offer gifts, etc.

Last edited by musa; 03-22-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 07:48 PM   #33
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
I'm sorry to say this but I lived in a corrupt society for around 9 years and this is exactly the spirit to get things done over there. Even asking for direction to somewhere would require handing out something first, even if it's a cigarette, otherwise you get no direction or wrong direction Nearly everyone smoked there.

Now just consider the converse at that dealership - those who don't give gifts get deliberately very bad service and get jumped on the list by you know who. Why? Because they start feeling entitled and tend to neglect or not do their best to those who don't offer gifts, etc.
It seems you like to take things to the extreme.

Just to be more clear, I have not never given anything to my CA. I walk in with shorts and a t shirt, I am treated this way because I've actually taken the time to get to know him as a person.

As for my SA, you're reading way too much into this. I know the guy very well and I know the mechanic that works on my car. I've sent him restaurant recommendations for his family trip to Hawaii, I treat him like a friend. I congratulated the mechanic for his newborn son. I've seen pictures on his phone of his kid on his bed.

If I am getting service near the holidays I get them something like I get stuff for friends. There's no Quid Pro Quo, I don't ask for things in return.

There's no money under the table there, dude. What you're suggesting is bribery, what I am telling you is to find out more about the people behind the job, and have a conversation. You'd be surprised at the power of words and commonality.

Edit- I just went to the Porsche Dealer for service on my folks Cayenne GTS, first service. Met the SA, who gave me a price (almost 400 bucks lol) of the service. I had a nice conversation with her and at the end of the service she gave me 10% off. Nothing was exchanged other than conversation.

Previously:

Last edited by dkhm3; 03-22-2018 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #34
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
It seems you like to take things to the extreme.

Just to be more clear, I have not never given anything to my CA. I walk in with shorts and a t shirt, I am treated this way because I've actually taken the time to get to know him as a person.

As for my SA, you're reading way too much into this. I know the guy very well and I know the mechanic that works on my car. I've sent him restaurant recommendations for his family trip to Hawaii, I treat him like a friend. I congratulated the mechanic for his newborn son. I've seen pictures on his phone of his kid on his bed.

If I am getting service near the holidays I get them something like I get stuff for friends. There's no Quid Pro Quo, I don't ask for things in return.

There's no money under the table there, dude. What you're suggesting is bribery, what I am telling you is to find out more about the people behind the job, and have a conversation. You'd be surprised at the power of words and commonality.

Edit- I just went to the Porsche Dealer for service on my folks Cayenne GTS, first service. Met the SA, who gave me a price (almost 400 bucks lol) of the service. I had a nice conversation with her and at the end of the service she gave me 10% off. Nothing was exchanged other than conversation.
I dig what you're saying...and thanks for the clarification .
Appreciate 1
dkhm31881.50
      03-22-2018, 11:24 PM   #35
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
I dig what you're saying...and thanks for the clarification .
I appreciate the response.

Previously:
Appreciate 0