BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-23-2022, 06:58 PM   #1
Joe T
Rep
Drives: F16 X6

cost for Dinan stage 1 or 2 install

I see the cost for the ECU tune is fairly reasonable from $499-$550.

But what are dealers charging for the install?

The audi flashes I've done in the past were plug and play and places included the cost of "install" in the price of the tune.

I come out of warranty in September, and looking to get a couple more years of enjoyment from my F16... but find the 3.0 has been boring me lately. If I don't tune, I'll likely get rid of the X6 in the next couple months
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
ErikV55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
I see the cost for the ECU tune is fairly reasonable from $499-$550.

But what are dealers charging for the install?

The audi flashes I've done in the past were plug and play and places included the cost of "install" in the price of the tune.

I come out of warranty in September, and looking to get a couple more years of enjoyment from my F16... but find the 3.0 has been boring me lately. If I don't tune, I'll likely get rid of the X6 in the next couple months
Can't comment on install costs, you could always look up an authorized dealer and call and ask. I was turned off by their flash tunes because they can only be done by authorized dealers, so any time you want to change you need to bring your car in. I'm going with bm3 once i get my DME unlocked.
Appreciate 0