BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-24-2022, 07:44 PM   #1
sconnell80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 F15

Unlocking doors when shut off

So I’ve been trying to figure out why I can’t get the doors to unlock when the vehicle is shut off. I’ve coded with BimmerCode to have this feature active and in I drive it is set to lock in drive. For sone reason I can’t get the doors to unlock unfortunately. Is there a step I’m missing or doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Now that you’ve coded unlock on shut down/engine off…does it only take ONE pull of the door handle to open the door. If this is the case…is there any reason for the door pin to rise since it will only take ONE pull of the door handle to open the door?

Report back what you find out. If the above scenario plays out…then there’s still a safety parameter built into the central locking system where if something unseemly is occurring or waiting to occur outside the vehicle…when the engine is shut down, passengers are STILL safe inside the locked door UNTIL they actually pull ONCE on the interior door handle to exit the vehicle.

If coding UNLOCK raised the door’s lock pin first…it would still take ONE pull of the interior handle to open the door….but the door could also be opened from outside the vehicle, too. If coding doesn’t raise the door’s lock pin, but it still only take ONE pull of the interior door handle…passengers remain safe inside until they actually pull the handle, and again, it doesn’t matter if the door pin rises or not…it still only takes ONE pull of the interior door handle to open the door.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 07:19 PM   #3
sconnell80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Now that you’ve coded unlock on shut down/engine off…does it only take ONE pull of the door handle to open the door. If this is the case…is there any reason for the door pin to rise since it will only take ONE pull of the door handle to open the door?

Report back what you find out. If the above scenario plays out…then there’s still a safety parameter built into the central locking system where if something unseemly is occurring or waiting to occur outside the vehicle…when the engine is shut down, passengers are STILL safe inside the locked door UNTIL they actually pull ONCE on the interior door handle to exit the vehicle.

If coding UNLOCK raised the door’s lock pin first…it would still take ONE pull of the interior handle to open the door….but the door could also be opened from outside the vehicle, too. If coding doesn’t raise the door’s lock pin, but it still only take ONE pull of the interior door handle…passengers remain safe inside until they actually pull the handle, and again, it doesn’t matter if the door pin rises or not…it still only takes ONE pull of the interior door handle to open the door.
Yes it only takes one pull to open the door from the inside, instead of 2. I was hoping that the doors would actually unlock totally cause if there are no passengers in the back but say bags from the store and you don’t hit the unlock button then the doors in the rear remain locked. Yes you can just open the front door but it’s just annoying sometimes to do that.
Appreciate 0