BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-01-2022, 03:55 AM   #1
Carpe_Diem_14
Rep
Drives: X5 F15, 2014 40d

NOX sensors replacement

My NOX sensors have worn (warning about wrong ad-blue liquid added keeps appearing), so I am debating about either:
a) replacing them
b) do a DPF and EGR delete, and tune the car.

I have tried the first, with aftermarket NOX sensors I found on ebay (they looked quite good copy of the original), however when installed the car could not recognize them ("Missing NOX sensors" popped in ISTA).

So my questions are:

a) Anyone tried aftermarket NOX sensors? If they had the same problem as me (i.e. sensors not recognized by car) how they solved it?
b) Any feedback from people who had actually made an ABC delete? Pros, cons in real life (not just theory)?

Thanks.

(X5 F15 40d platform)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Not sure about Europe but US market had extended warranty for NOX sensors. I never heard of aftermarket NOX sensors.
This thread has all the information about ABC delete including reviews and feedback:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1525210
Generally speaking if you don't need to do a smog check ( or something similar for your country) it is an option.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 03:00 AM   #3
Carpe_Diem_14
Rep
Drives: X5 F15, 2014 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Not sure about Europe but US market had extended warranty for NOX sensors.
Thanks, will check with dealership, although hopes are not high they will agree to replace the sensors.
Aftermarket sensors were found on ebay, looked good imitation (similar to this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165185581...3ABFBMtuDg0stg )
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 10:36 AM   #4
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe_Diem_14 View Post
Thanks, will check with dealership, although hopes are not high they will agree to replace the sensors.
Aftermarket sensors were found on ebay, looked good imitation (similar to this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165185581...3ABFBMtuDg0stg )
Do not, I repeat, do not, under any circumstances use anything other than OE NOX sensors. I had bought a set of Ebay sensors that claimed to be genuine. Had a pretty good attempt made at copying the labels, packaging, etc. Noticed some missing QR codes and contacted seller. They assured they were genuine. Well... installed them, ran ISTA and it showed bad NOX sensors after the conditioning drive. Problem is that was the last of my miles so the DDE was locked in no start condition. Had to pull the DDE, the CAS, and send the key out to have it unlocked.

I tried to update the i-level with ISTA-P to unlock myself... but no dice, it put the code back on after updating. So had to pay $400 for on top of the $350 Ebay NOX sensors, time to return them and refund, time to ship off parts for reset, and then buy $850 worth of OE NOX sensors from the dealership. Now everything is great.

But use my experience, save yourself time and money.
Appreciate 2