BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-28-2021, 05:33 PM   #1
StinglikeaBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Sport+ with BimmerCode

This is what I did to get Sport+ working on my F15 with BimmerCode. I hope this can help some of you out there.

(This programs Sports+ mode to active)
Connect to BimmerCode
Step 1- Select Integrated Chassis Management(ICMQL)
Step 2- Select Expert Mode
Step 3- Select 300A DSC_ICM_CODIERDATEN
Step 4- Select FesHasMode5 and change to aktiv
Step 5- Code

(This programs the instrument cluster to show Sports+ mode)
Step 1- Select Instrument Cluster(KOMBI L6 BO)
Step 2- Select Expert Mode
Step 3- Select 300C ECO_FDS
Step 4- Select the following one by one and change all to menue_3
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_1
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_1
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_2
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_2
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_3
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_3
FDS_MENUE_TEXT_4
FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_4
Step 5- Code

I did get an error after coding the instrument cluster because the time needed to be set again. If this happens go to iDrive Main menu, then Settings, then Time/Date and uncheck then recheck Automatic time setting. This will change the time on the cluster to the current time and the error will go away.

***Check out this thread if you want to auto start in Sport mode and set Sport mode to "individualized". https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1386895

Last edited by StinglikeaBMW; 11-04-2021 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Add information
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Appreciate the simple breakdown. I guess my question is, what does sport + mode give you over sport mode, other than traction control being turned off? For reference, I have an x-line without sport + mode nor paddle shifters.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

Read the owner's manual.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Appreciate the simple breakdown. I guess my question is, what does sport + mode give you over sport mode, other than traction control being turned off? For reference, I have an x-line without sport + mode nor paddle shifters.
I kind of dread chiming in on this topic since a lot of owners that don’t have the SAT (sport automatic transmission) or the SPORT+ driving mode…have a really strong desire to add this feature to their car’s “repertoire”…thus is a popular coding parameter.

Your initial thoughts are accurate…and CatalinP’s reply would verify your initial thinking. Sport+ basically adds a quick way to put the car into DTC (dynamic traction control) mode. DTC doesn’t totally disable DSC…it give the car a bit more leeway in regards to wheel slippage without ABS braking kicking in…as well as lowering/reducing the old/original ASC (automatic stability control) from kicking in. ASC is the technology that reduces engine throttle..this was the first iteration of traction control that BMW utilized back in the early 1990s before DSC was developed that added ABS braking to traction control. When wheel slippage is detected…ASC reduces engine throttle to help the driving wheels regain traction.

Other things gained with the SPORT+ feature is LAUNCH CONTROL & accelerator pedal KICK DOWN is disabled. {LC is a feature that comes when you have the SAT & SPORT+}

If your BMW did not come with the SPORT+ feature…even if you code it in…you can only get so much from coding it in. You can’t gain some of the things that BMWs that came with this feature from the factory due to not having the other options or equipment that those cars benefit from. Some of the chassis & suspension adaptations for SPORT+ come from adaptive suspensions and electronic steering options. If your BMW doesn’t have those additional options…coding SPORT+ will not give you the dynamic handling that the adaptive M handling package gives or the IAS (rear steering) adds.

You can see/verify what the owners manual states about SPORT & SPORT+…and you can see a chart (below) that shows what occurs with the chassis & suspension in the various driving mode selections & gear shift lever placement.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-30-2021 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 5
      10-30-2021, 06:08 PM   #5
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I kind of dread chiming in on this topic since a lot of owners that don’t have the SAT (sport automatic transmission) or the SPORT+ driving mode…have a really strong desire to add this feature to their car’s “repertoire”…thus is a popular coding parameter.

Your initial thoughts are accurate…and CatalinP’s reply would verify your initial thinking. Sport+ basically adds a quick way to put the car into DTC (dynamic traction control) mode. DTC doesn’t totally disable DSC…it give the car a bit more leeway in regards to wheel slippage without ABS braking kicking in…as well as lowering/reducing the old/original ASC (automatic stability control) from kicking in. ASC is the technology that reduces engine throttle..this was the first iteration of traction control that BMW utilized back in the early 1990s before DSC was developed that added ABS braking to traction control. When wheel slippage is detected…ASC reduces engine throttle to help the driving wheels regain traction.

Other things gained with the SPORT+ feature is LAUNCH CONTROL & accelerator pedal KICK DOWN is disabled. {LC is a feature that comes when you have the SAT & SPORT+}

If your BMW did not come with the SPORT+ feature…even if you code it in…you can only get so much from coding it in. You can’t gain some of the things that BMWs that came with this feature from the factory due to not having the other options or equipment that those cars benefit from. Some of the chassis & suspension adaptations for SPORT+ come from adaptive suspensions and electronic steering options. If your BMW doesn’t have those additional options…coding SPORT+ will not give you the dynamic handling that the adaptive M handling package gives or the IAS (rear steering) adds.

You can see/verify what the owners manual states about SPORT & SPORT+…and you can see a chart (below) that shows what occurs with the chassis & suspension in the various driving mode selections & gear shift lever placement.
Appreciate the lengthy reply. I looked into coding sport + mode awhile back and determined it would be of no advantage to me. My reply above was for the general public as this topic pops up a lot. Hoping others would come to the same determination as I did.
Appreciate 1
Hop7464.50
      11-04-2021, 08:28 AM   #6
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 XDrive35i

Garage List
FWIW, I tried to do this on my 17 and it didn't work nor did it change any menus.

AFAIK, only Esys can code in Sport+ because you need to add 2TB to the VO. So I'll likely be doing this at some point.

Since I have an XHP tune which delineates the differences in shifting between Comfort and Sport modes more, I want DTC off when I'm in Sport+ so I get the faster shifts and less interference from the system when the roads are covered in salt later this season.

Just my two cents.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
StinglikeaBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
FWIW, I tried to do this on my 17 and it didn't work nor did it change any menus.

AFAIK, only Esys can code in Sport+ because you need to add 2TB to the VO. So I'll likely be doing this at some point.

Since I have an XHP tune which delineates the differences in shifting between Comfort and Sport modes more, I want DTC off when I'm in Sport+ so I get the faster shifts and less interference from the system when the roads are covered in salt later this season.

Just my two cents.
Sorry that these steps did not work out for you. I did this on my 2014 x-line. The only other setting I did change before coding Sport+ was setting Sport Automatic Transmission to active. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. (It's possible the previous owner had Sport+ coded and deactivated before selling and these steps activated it, IDK.)

It would be great to get other peoples input to see if these steps worked or not, and if they have anything else to add.

Last edited by StinglikeaBMW; 11-04-2021 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
sukhk5272169.50
      11-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #8
momoboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 35i 2017

Worked on my 2017 with no issues using Bimmercode
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2021, 03:05 PM   #9
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoboy View Post
Worked on my 2017 with no issues using Bimmercode
Interesting. I may have to try this again.
2017 X5 XDrive35i X-Line | Sophisto Grey | MHD Full Flexfuel Tuned | Mosselman Turbo| Sutphin Tuning TCU | Nostrum Stage 2 HPFP | ER Charge Pipe | BimmerHausPerformance Intake and Inlet | ApexBuilt Catted DP | VRSF FMIC | Zeitronix Flexfuel Kit | KateCool Oil Cooler | Variant Wheels | Conti DWS06+ |
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 03:31 PM   #10
EED14X5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Worked on my 2014 with BimmerCode as well
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #11
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Must be user error on my part then
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #12
sukhk527
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got it working, confirmed LC works too since I had SAT enabled already. Hell yea.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 12:36 PM   #13
M302_imola
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhk527 View Post
Got it working, confirmed LC works too since I had SAT enabled already. Hell yea.
Sweet, but don't break an axle! They are pricey!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 11:24 PM   #14
Yo_Holle
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i E46 M3 Cabrio

Thanks so much. Worked perfect for me. I have a 2015 Xdrive50i x-line. I activated SAT, drove it about 30 miles then coded this in. Drove another 5 miles and did my first launch control launch.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 05:20 PM   #15
sconnell80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 F15

I’ll have to check this one off my list
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:38 PM   #16
Tahoe9813
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330e and X5 xDrive40e

I def need to try this one out. Thanks!
Ben
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 01:07 PM   #17
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

I think it was added when I had MPPK installed. Does just adding the coding for Sport+ do much without the MPPK software tune that increases horsepower and torque, optimizes shift points, and makes the exhaust note a little deeper? I do have the M Sport option and the Sport and Sport+ options may have been available anyway, just not the MPPK tune that adds the performance increases that changing the sport setting activates.

Last edited by GeorgeR; 07-22-2022 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 02:13 PM   #18
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:

I tried many times to explain this to many here and they didn't want to believe it. They all thought coding would magically install adaptive suspension to their non Msport.
      07-24-2022, 05:31 PM   #19
sconnell80
United_States
Rep

Just added this feature and worked as said above, one question though. Does the sport+ option show up in the cluster option to pick as mine does not, still has eco, comfort and sport but sport+ does show up next to gear indicator.

Last edited by sconnell80; 07-24-2022 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Added text
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 06:29 PM   #20
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

If coded correctly…yes SPORT+ should appear in the display and it should turn DSC off…and turn DST on (TRACTION appears in the cluster).
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 07-25-2022 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 07:00 PM   #21
sconnell80
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If coded correctly…yes SPORT+ should appear in the display and it should turn DSC off…and turn DST on (TRACTION appears in the cluster).
It does show up next to the gear indicator but is not listed in the list with eco, comfort and sport. Just making sure I coded correctly but followed the directions to a T. It does also turn on dsc and traction control off
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 05:08 AM   #22
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconnell80 View Post
It does show up next to the gear indicator but is not listed in the list with eco, comfort and sport. Just making sure I coded correctly but followed the directions to a T. It does also turn on dsc and traction control off
See 3rd paragraph in first post.

Appreciate 0