BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #4577
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuartj View Post
Okay - so I broke down and wen the E-sys route I coded my 2015 x5 last night to change FA from 6NH to 6NS. Actually, there was not a 6NH in the vehicle options but I inserted 6NS. I see the office function in the ConnectedDrive but all phones are being loaded as "Telephone 1" - I never get an option for Telephone 2. Also, I do not get an option for "Notifications".

I VO "coded" the HU_NBT but didn't see an entry for the CMB_MEDIA. Can someone help me? Is there another ECU that I need to code as well, to get 6NS to work? And advice would be appreciated! Thank you!
HU_NBT includes built-in combox. CMB_Media is for HU_CIC.

Make sure to unpair and repair devices. In Bluetooth configuration there are two menus. One for labeling phone 1 or 2. Another for functions like office, media, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #4578
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Your List has CE... set to Nicht Aktiv

HU_NBT > TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE 3003 > CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION = nicht_aktiv [Default]

Are you saying you should change or keep ?
Dang it, I'm sorry.

Yes you are correct. CE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION should be "aktiv".

It most likely is already set to this.

FYI. Once you make those changes make sure to delete your phone from iDrive and remove your car from your phones bluetooth. Start a fresh Bluetooth paring.
I tried the list but still see phone 1 only.
And office does not show any sms or email.
Any suggestion ?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 10:20 PM   #4579
brevets10000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 2015

Anyone know what specifically the following does using bimmercode related to fuel

Display options instrument cluster
Available in KOMBI FPK_I12
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #4580
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot View Post
Quote:
Your List has CE... set to Nicht Aktiv

HU_NBT > TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE 3003 > CE_DEVICE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION = nicht_aktiv [Default]

Are you saying you should change or keep ?
Dang it, I'm sorry.

Yes you are correct. CE_SPEECH_RECOGNITION should be "aktiv".

It most likely is already set to this.

FYI. Once you make those changes make sure to delete your phone from iDrive and remove your car from your phones bluetooth. Start a fresh Bluetooth paring.
I tried the list but still see phone 1 only.
And office does not show any sms or email.
Any suggestion ?
Update: sms are showing. Can be read by car but can't respond unless using Siri to command to respond.
Email have not shown up. That being said I have thousands of unread email and phone is not counting anymore... joys of iOS.
Still waiting to see any calendar alert.

Have not done the 6NS since I am on Mac and VM does not run launcher premium. If anyone have had success there will be glad to get help. Even in person, drinks on me

Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #4581
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Update: sms are showing. Can be read by car but can't respond unless using Siri to command to respond.
Email have not shown up. That being said I have thousands of unread email and phone is not counting anymore... joys of iOS.
Still waiting to see any calendar alert.

Have not done the 6NS since I am on Mac and VM does not run launcher premium. If anyone have had success there will be glad to get help. Even in person, drinks on me

Stay tuned.
VO coding does not require Launcher. You would only need if you plan to code microphone number back to one.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #4582
Jason73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Jg425
I was looking through the expert settings in the headunit portion. HU_NBT 3000 HMI would changing any of the three below to Aktiv allow sport+ to be activated
1) traction control
2) M-vehicle
3) M- drive systems
What are your thoughts? I am new to coding so don’t feel too comfortable making too many changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #4583
jg425
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason73 View Post
Jg425
I was looking through the expert settings in the headunit portion. HU_NBT 3000 HMI would changing any of the three below to Aktiv allow sport+ to be activated
1) traction control
2) M-vehicle
3) M- drive systems
What are your thoughts? I am new to coding so don’t feel too comfortable making too many changes.
I'm off tomorrow, but I'm pretty new to coding too but I'll check it out. I turned of the Sport Automatic Transmission because the car wasn't shifting well, I know that has to be turned on for the Sport+ to work, but I will play around with it again.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #4584
NOTORIOUS VR
Rep
Drives: B5 S4

Wondering if anyone could clarify for me how to code/enable BT audio streaming?

I've added/enabled enhanced BT 6NS, that part seems to work fine (phone popped up asking for message access, etc). And I see that the option for BT streaming is now available. But my phone doesn't show the media profile so streaming doesn't work. I have disconnected and removed the BT profile from the phone and car and reconnected so it's not that.

Is there maybe something else I need to enable in coding?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #4585
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuartj View Post
I'm comfortable using the expert mode w/ Bimmercode and Vgate; however, I don't know all the options that need to be set. Do you know if there is a list of what needs to be changed to enable the Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS)?

Thanks!
I used expert mode in the BimmerCode app and a guide from this site to do it.

Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS): Add 6NS to your FA. VO Code HU_NBT. Then follow these steps after for your iPhone to pair properly (thank you @skalberti): Then you have to remove all bluetooth devices and re add them. And then configure them like Shawn said. Now for text messages to show up, go to the bluetooth menu on your phone, look for your last 5 of your vin. Hit info incon on the right. Check and make sure "show notifications" and "sync contacts" are checked on. Now whenever you're in your car and someone texts you an envelope icon will appear on your idrive. Now you can use Siri hands free and ask her to read your new texts. Then she'll give you the option to reply if you want. To get emails to show up, after your in your car and the phone is connected, double tap the home button and close the mail app that's running in the background. If it's not running in the background go ahead and click on the mail app after your phone has connected to your car. Now emails will show up and they can be read to you. Keep in mind, the idrive will only alert you of messages received while connect to your car. If you received a message before you get in your car, it won't display it after you connect to your car. Also, if you're having issues with Phone 2 not showing up, try this: "Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. You can then assign the 1 or 2 to each paired telephone."

For anyone who loses their OFFICE menu in your iDrive, go to HU_NBT / MACRO_PIM / make sure it is set to aktiv. @abhiku's for some reason got deactivated (not sure what happened or how), but it needs to be aktiv for the OFFICE menu to show.

If for some reason, your OFFICE is having issues, make sure all the ones in HU_NBT below are set to aktiv - this will give you the full functionality to make your OFFICE (6NS) to work correctly:

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_TRIGGERS_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 07:43 AM   #4586
brevets10000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 2015

Is it possible with Bimmercode to add the fuel gauge as shown below the speedometer in the following link for a 2015 cluster? Mainly the digital gauge at the bottom is what I would like to equal the look opposite the tach.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=h...pid%3D15.1&f=1
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 04:35 AM   #4587
Jason73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Where can I find what specific codes actually do. These specifically found in expert mode in HU_NBT:
1) traction control
2) M-vehicle
3) M- drive systems
Any help or info would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have been trying to get sport+ to work. It shows on the dash but can not be selected. I was hoping that someone who is more knowledgeable with coding would know what these codes mean and perhaps be the missing link that allows sport+ to be selected. Sport+ seems to be available on M models so I thought one of these may work but would like some advice before I try.

Last edited by Jason73; 11-30-2018 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #4588
NOTORIOUS VR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Wondering if anyone could clarify for me how to code/enable BT audio streaming?

I've added/enabled enhanced BT 6NS, that part seems to work fine (phone popped up asking for message access, etc). And I see that the option for BT streaming is now available. But my phone doesn't show the media profile so streaming doesn't work. I have disconnected and removed the BT profile from the phone and car and reconnected so it's not that.

Is there maybe something else I need to enable in coding?

Thanks!
No one has been able to enable audio streaming?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 01:56 AM   #4589
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
No one has been able to enable audio streaming?
Many have enabled.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #4590
eudaxia
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5d

coding questions

I would first like to say thank you to all those that have contributed to this thread! I have been reading it over the years and trying to follow along with all the detailed instructions. I now have a few questions that I'm hoping someone could help me answer.

I am using e-sys 3.28.1 and psdzdata 4.15.12. I patched the jre folder with the jre8.

I have a 2014 F15 diesel with Xenon lights and adaptive lights (522 and 524). I have surround cameras 5DL which includes a front camera. I do not have KAFAS in my ECU.

1) I wanted to see if I could add VLD, NGHB, and or HBA. I followed the directions for NGHB. I did not have 5AC or 5AP. I removed 8S4. When it came time to VO code, I did so for BDC_BODY, HU_NBT, and both TMS. I did not have KAFAS, FLA, or LHM. I then FDL coded:
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y
C_AFS_ENA
to turn on VLD and tried to turn on HBA. It used to show up under 'lighting' in my settings but not sure if it ever worked. My question is, I know I can probably just get VLD enabled based on my hardware right? Will HBA work with the front facing camera or does it need the KAFAS camera which I don't think I have. Since I do not have options for FLA or LHM, NGHB will not work correct?

2) I used to tinker with the ambient light colors:
GROUP_0_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1
now the values just say 'unknown' instead of the color names for all in this group. I initially thought this may be an issue with psdzdata but i am using the most current version I believe. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the noob questions!

Last edited by eudaxia; 12-08-2018 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 06:34 AM   #4591
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaxia View Post
I would first like to say thank you to all those that have contributed to this thread! I have been reading it over the years and trying to follow along with all the detailed instructions. I now have a few questions that I'm hoping someone could help me answer.

I am using e-sys 3.28.1 and psdzdata 4.15.12. I patched the jre folder with the jre8.

I have a 2014 F15 diesel with Xenon lights and adaptive lights (522 and 524). I have surround cameras 5DL which includes a front camera. I do not have KAFAS in my ECU.

1) I wanted to see if I could add VLD, NGHB, and or HBA. I followed the directions for NGHB. I did not have 5AC or 5AP. I removed 8S4. When it came time to VO code, I did so for BDC_BODY, HU_NBT, and both TMS. I did not have KAFAS, FLA, or LHM. I then FDL coded:
C_AFS_ENA
to turn on VLD and tried to turn on HBA. It used to show up under 'lighting' in my settings but not sure if it ever worked. My question is, I know I can probably just get VLD enabled based on my hardware right? Will HBA work with the front facing camera or does it need the KAFAS camera which I don't think I have. Since I do not have options for FLA or LHM, NGHB will not work correct?
NGHB does not work with US spec xenon headlights. The headlight units themselves are not compatible. LEDs are required. VLD works great with xenon or LED headlights.

Quote:
2) I used to tinker with the ambient light colors:
GROUP_0_FARBE_ENSEMBLE_1
now the values just say 'unknown' instead of the color names for all in this group. I initially thought this may be an issue with psdzdata but i am using the most current version I believe. Any thoughts?
The newer software updates no longer allow changing of the ambient light colors. If your vehicle software has been updated, your out of luck.

Last edited by Rotzy; 12-09-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #4592
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Even for 2015? Read somewhere it will work on 2015 not on newer cars.

But glad to be corrected.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #4593
KDKE30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 M50D

Hello everyone, I have recently started coding my F15 M50D eu spec 2014. I have several questions: 1. I have coded all the cameras sections while driving. Is it possible for the rear view camera to turn off automatically when driving forward, with the option of turning the rear view camera on by pressing the PDC button while driving? 2. Is it possible to extend the display time of the M50D emblem on the kombi hud (I have 6WB)? I tried via D_Kombi HUD_STARTUP_TIME but without any success. 3. I have adaptive LED headlights, anti dizzle on. I turn right and you can see how the whole stream of light turns to the right, when I turn left, the stream "stands" in the middle and only the "illuminate the left side" turns on or is it normal? Thank you for your response.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #4594
NOTORIOUS VR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Many have enabled.
That's good to know.

Can anyone point me in the right direction then? I don't see any reason why I shouldn't work at this point but obviously I am missing something.

Searching this thread doesn't come up with any solutions.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #4595
Daneroner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15

I bought a Virginized 6wa cluster from eBay. I tried to get it coded to my f15 but the coder could not get rid of the check engine light. We got an error saying he couldn't connect (see pic for code error)

Does any one know what this error could be? The coder thinks the 6wa was not Virginized properly.

Side note he did get it connected as a 6wb. Also of the features work but he couldn't get the headuinit to talk to cluster so he couldn't clear the check engine light.

Someone please help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #4596
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaxia View Post
C_AFS_ENA
VLD will work, but no way for HBA without additional hardware.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 02:31 AM   #4597
KDKE30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F15 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKE30 View Post
Hello everyone, I have recently started coding my F15 M50D eu spec 2014. I have several questions: 1. I have coded all the cameras sections while driving. Is it possible for the rear view camera to turn off automatically when driving forward, with the option of turning the rear view camera on by pressing the PDC button while driving? 2. Is it possible to extend the display time of the M50D emblem on the kombi hud (I have 6WB)? I tried via D_Kombi HUD_STARTUP_TIME but without any success. 3. I have adaptive LED headlights, anti dizzle on. I turn right and you can see how the whole stream of light turns to the right, when I turn left, the stream "stands" in the middle and only the "illuminate the left side" turns on or is it normal? Thank you for your response.
Any sugestions?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 11:14 PM   #4598
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKE30 View Post
Any sugestions?
That is the way coding works. You are disabling shutoff based on distance &/or speed. But, you are also wanting it to automatically turn off. You cannot have both.

NGHB is designed that way so that driver's side does not glare opposing traffic.
Appreciate 0