BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-01-2023, 08:55 PM   #1
samwillson
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw x5 xdrive50i

Overall F15 Help

So Ive recently purchased a 2016 BMW X5 50i, I'm looking for help in a few areas.

1) (oil change) It was recommended to me due to the age and miles to change the oil more often than the computer says, how to you reset the service computer after doing an oil change if the system doesn't present it as a needed service.

2) (CarPlay retrofit) Since the car has the older NBT system with no simple coding to activate CarPlay, what retrofit modules would be recommended to install to put CarPlay into the system.

3) (TJA)(Coding) I have the drivers assistance plus package and have been looking to retrofit a TJA system, as I can find here most recommended the quidzel HOD, but that was unfortunately discontinued last year, I have found some information into the bimmer8 HOD, Would that be recommended? I don't want to go through the whole steering wheel change. I'm New to coding but am eager to learn, what software would be recommend to get the bimmer8 chip coded to my car and the to get TJA activated. I have been recommended to E-sys would that work in this case? What is the difference between the E-sys and ISTA+ ISTA/P ISTA/D systems, I know they will be complicated.

4) (Cheat Sheet) Could I be sent the F15 coding cheat sheet, all of the links are unavailable currently.

5) (NBT evo retrofit) Though I'm unlikely to follow through with this one due to price, what are the downsides of doing a full NBT evo retrofit?

6) (bimmercode) I know this most likely will not help with my TJA programing but for other things like, video in motion, would this be the best solution for doing so?

Any help in any of these areas would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 10:08 PM   #2
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

1 - I wouldn’t bother. Just keep track of your services in a spreadsheet and reset the car computer when it asks. Plus, on some chassis the computer trips other intervals based on # of oil changes and could trigger other things earlier than need be. This was true with the e90. I don’t know if anyone has gotten enough miles on the f15 to discover this.

5 - having your car dealer serviced could be an issue since your model/year was not available with that system. Likely if something is awry electrically they’ll chose to not work on your car.
Appreciate 0