BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Change on the X5 build your own configurator

This may be old news by now, but I just went to BMW's website and went to the build your own. I see some slight changes have been made. It still indicates "2015" but I see that the color and interior trim swatches have changed. Best of all, the configurator (sp?) seems to be working properly now. I was able to configure a 50i exactly the way I want it. Earlier this week it did not work properly and would not allow me to select certain option and color combinations. Now, it will let me select the right colors and options (consistent with the 2015 order guide; little of which was changed on the 2016 order guide).
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxjoc
This may be old news by now, but I just went to BMW's website and went to the build your own. I see some slight changes have been made. It still indicates "2015" but I see that the color and interior trim swatches have changed. Best of all, the configurator (sp?) seems to be working properly now. I was able to configure a 50i exactly the way I want it. Earlier this week it did not work properly and would not allow me to select certain option and color combinations. Now, it will let me select the right colors and options (consistent with the 2015 order guide; little of which was changed on the 2016 order guide).
What colors have changed?... And please don't tell me there's black Napa. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 06:46 AM   #3
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

I don't see any change in the colors; it is just that the swatches of the colors have changed. It appears a slight improvement. However, to me, the big news is that the configurator seems to be working properly now.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Rustynail
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White X5 35d M Sport

Just went there, it's not working correctly now, add cold weather it removes driver assistance, add HK sound, removes premium .... Their web site is pathetic, they desperately need a new IT staff. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.
Appreciate 0