09-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #23
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly1964 View Post
The ACC demo is the first part of the clip with the car slowing and resuming speed. The collision avoidance demo was impressive but I think the speed was 41kph and the manual says the ACC equipped version of collision avoidance will be able to stop the vehicle at up to 35 mph. I have had the red warning and audible alarm occur once but I wasn't brave enough to let the car finish the job and hit the brakes myself.
You may be right, it is not mph, that must have been 41kmph.
I guess it also makes sense to go at 35mph on city streets so that the system can do it's job. I wonder if it would also come to a halt if it senses deep water or something like a garbage bag (we got a lot of this crap in NYC). That would suck, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameisjae1 View Post
All, I live in Seoul with a population of 22 million. I did not get the ACC option on mind but the auto braking...at least it slows down significantly when a pedestrian pops out of nowhere. The first time this happened, it scared the shit out of me....LOL.

I haven't had personal experience with collusion warning where it slow down but I did not want to trust that system and leave it to BMW to brake for me. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Peds popping out of nowhere is the worst, coupled with doors opened without looking. At least once a week I encounter this. I wonder if BMW brakes for that too? I always find myself having to steer.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #24
Starwind
Norway
Rep
Drives: thinking of ordering a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
Found it here:
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...35iSafety.aspx

Drive more confidently with the camera-based Active Driving Assistant. The BMW X5 includes Lane Departure Warning, which alerts you when you drift lanes with a visible signal and steering wheel vibration. Additionally, Pedestrian and Collision Warning detects hazards on a collision course with the vehicle, and depending on driving conditions, initiates the braking system to reduce vehicle speed and prevent critical situations before they occur.

And here, please wait for the Holy S**t moment.. I seriously thought he was going to hit that wagon.
Holy crap, that was close, it should slow down earlier then that imo
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #25
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind View Post
Holy crap, that was close, it should slow down earlier then that imo
I wonder if it is ever too intrusive. Nagging you like wife sitting next to you, don't drive too close, you are steering off lanes, watch out everyone is slowing down, etc..

Last edited by hyde; 09-09-2014 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: typo fix
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #26
Starwind
Norway
Rep
Drives: thinking of ordering a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
I wonder if it is every too intrusive. Nagging you like wife sitting next to you, don't drive too close, you are steering off lanes, watch out everyone is slowing down, etc..
hehe
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #27
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

You can turn the forward collision function on/off. I think that I would have it turned off in town, and on for highway driving. So I guess I'd be avoiding pileups instead of fender-benders.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #28
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
You can turn the forward collision function on/off. I think that I would have it turned off in town, and on for highway driving. So I guess I'd be avoiding pileups instead of fender-benders.
But I kind of like it, I might be guilty of checking the maps or changing music/folders and I definitely can see this helping, especially with pedestrian warning, but I am curious if it's really too annoying - Like you said in city everyone rides bumper to bumper, does it actually stay quiet if you approach the vehicle in front of you slower or while applying brakes? Does riding the brakes cancel the nagging sound?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 12:06 PM   #29
Eunoterpsia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkray View Post
P.S. Here is a link to the price list I refer to in my previous post. It is a little bit out of date but I found it to be the clearest description of the X5 options that I have ever found and helped me work out what was included and what was not!
Have you run into this for any other years? Looking for a 2018 w/ etja assuming I need to use bimmer.work to find 5AU or 5AR.
Appreciate 0