BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Picture request: xLine in Gray/Brown/Blue (About to order)

I am getting ready to place my order So I hope you guys can post some pictures for me.

I am currently trying to decide between Black Sapphire Metallic or Space Gray, but if what I saw today was a Space Gray, it looked way lighter in person compared to the picture on website.

Mineral Silver Metallic is nice but it looks too yellow and doesn't go well with rims.
My current X5 is deep sea blue which I really loved, too bad they don't make that anymore so if anyone bought imperial blue, I hope they can chime in.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

From member Poindexter

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

From member dn325ci

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
PepperJack
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 5.0

Space Gray M-sport
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Didn't find any xline in space grey from members.. found below ones from launch event.. hope they help.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #6
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
I am getting ready to place my order So I hope you guys can post some pictures for me.

I am currently trying to decide between Black Sapphire Metallic or Space Gray, but if what I saw today was a Space Gray, it looked way lighter in person compared to the picture on website.

Mineral Silver Metallic is nice but it looks too yellow and doesn't go well with rims.
My current X5 is deep sea blue which I really loved, too bad they don't make that anymore so if anyone bought imperial blue, I hope they can chime in.

i went with black sapphire metallic... when its clean it appears awesome..

instead of taking a color like space grey which don't appear good even when you keep it clean, i think black sapphire is good because atleast it appears marvellous when you keep it clean
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:

xLine also has Dark Graphite metallic, its the dark grey and perhaps what you looking for.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Mineral Silver, but these photos make it look more gold than it is. It is about two shades lighter/more silver than the champagne BMW from the 80s.

Works very well with Mocha Napa as it has elements of brown in the sliver.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #9
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
xLine also has Dark Graphite metallic, its the dark grey and perhaps what you looking for.
Yes, on the online configuration it looks pretty dark, you can't even tell it's gray, it's almost black, this is why I thought it would just look like a mix of black and gray.

Thank you everyone. Wow, Hang0ver, either you have amazing memory or you had some thread that I totally missed (sorry guys) but thank you so much for getting those images reposted here. Just like everyone who is about to order a new BMW, I am very excited. Still saddened that color choices are limited but I am seeing some amazing pictures.

That blue looks amazing, truly imperial, but it looks like the wheels don't go that well, from the images above, since bottom of the vehicle is on the shade, it makes it look as if it blends very well, so if I go with imperial blue, I definitely need to replace the wheels or just skip xLine and go with Luxury line which can actually make a lot of sense with that color.

Sadly, wife vetoed the sparkling brown. One less color to consider now..

I see Black S.M. is pretty common, but when coupled with 449's, the wheels and tires look matte black compared to body. Then I found this gentleman's pictures
over here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=33

And as stock config, I found OriginalGoods13's post here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=41
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #10
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

@MattBianco, I'm sure it looks much better in person. I've always hated all hues of Beige/Gold vehicles. When we used to be a van family (now an SUV only family), we used to buy only those colors in our vans. They're just very dull for my taste. Despite this, I hope the Mineral Silver really changes my opinion. I know Mineral White looks amazing in different lighting situations, so I'm sure yours will as well.
      09-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #11
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

@opasha. I hated the beige/champagne as well. This was nice though. Good enough that I would have ordered for the new coming one, but it is NA for m sport. BTW, those are not my pictures. I regret not taking photos the weekend we took it to Carmel for the car show. It showed really well on the country roads of Carmel Valley, CA.

Quote:
Golden_Horn, I had the sparkling brown as a loaner for a week until we got a flat. It is too sparkly. It looks better in photo in my view. In the sun, it almost has a low-rider metallic sparkle, and it has too much red, and not enough yellow and gray to make it more chocolate like. In mat it would be good if you want to get it wrapped in mat.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #12
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Not sure it will help your decision, as you asked for xLine and mine is Luxury Line, but here's a link to my pix for Imperial Blue.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...85&postcount=1

For what it's worth, the car can literally stop me as I'm walking up to it every day, as I pause and soak in how awesome it looks
      09-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #13
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Golden_Horn, I had the sparkling brown as a loaner for a week until we got a flat. It is too sparkly. It looks better in photo in my view. In the sun, it almost has a low-rider metallic sparkle, and it has too much red, and not enough yellow and gray to make it more chocolate like. In mat it would be good if you want to get it wrapped in mat.
Thanks for the input, wife agrees with a nod of approval as she joins me reading the thread & your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTSG View Post
Not sure it will help your decision, as you asked for xLine and mine is Luxury Line, but here's a link to my pix for Imperial Blue.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...85&postcount=1

For what it's worth, the car can literally stop me as I'm walking up to it every day, as I pause and soak in how awesome it looks

I do the same thing to my now-extinct Deep Sea Blue E70, especially when it is freshly washed and the sun is shining, it is amazing from distance. I purposely park far from the front door so I can get a chance to look at my blue X5 from my office window and see how unique and beautiful it looks among all the grays, whites and blacks on the parking lot.

Like I said, if I go with Luxury Line, it would definitely be the blue, no doubt, but with xLine, it's going to be tough with those black rims, black plastic arches and blue.. It just won't do justice. Unless I see someone who has one in person, like I said above pictures kind of blend with the shade, so the arches are not very visible.

Last edited by hyde; 09-06-2014 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #14
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

PS: What's up with this site, it's not resizing pictures. On my 12.5" Thinkpad it's going nuts trying to display the pictures, I have to scroll left & right two screens worth distance.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2014, 11:27 PM   #15
SUV55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
i went with black sapphire metallic... when its clean it appears awesome..

instead of taking a color like space grey which don't appear good even when you keep it clean, i think black sapphire is good because atleast it appears marvellous when you keep it clean
I happen to think Space Grey is a beautiful color. In fact it is my first choice.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 05:07 AM   #16
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, on the online configuration it looks pretty dark, you can't even tell it's gray, it's almost black, this is why I thought it would just look like a mix of black and gray.

Thank you everyone. Wow, Hang0ver, either you have amazing memory or you had some thread that I totally missed (sorry guys) but thank you so much for getting those images reposted here. Just like everyone who is about to order a new BMW, I am very excited. Still saddened that color choices are limited but I am seeing some amazing pictures.

That blue looks amazing, truly imperial, but it looks like the wheels don't go that well, from the images above, since bottom of the vehicle is on the shade, it makes it look as if it blends very well, so if I go with imperial blue, I definitely need to replace the wheels or just skip xLine and go with Luxury line which can actually make a lot of sense with that color.

I see Black S.M. is pretty common, but when coupled with 449's, the wheels and tires look matte black compared to body. Then I found this gentleman's pictures
over here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=33

And as stock config, I found OriginalGoods13's post here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=41
well... it depends on your personal preference... but why don't you think of your wife's choice.. Brown looks awesome and night time it looks almost like black.. but during sun, it shines perfectly..

both black and brown and all dark colors have same maintenance though
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #17
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well... it depends on your personal preference... but why don't you think of your wife's choice.. Brown looks awesome and night time it looks almost like black.. but during sun, it shines perfectly..

Yeah, I was the one who liked the sparkling brown, wive vetoed it, maybe you misread it as voted for it. She didn't want me to get it.

So based on all above, Black Sapphire and Dark Graphite are equally difficult to maintain, is that correct? And Space Gray is actually one of the low maintenance colors. I guess Blue is also difficult to maintain, if it is anything like my deep sea blue.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 04:12 AM   #18
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn
Quote:

Yeah, I was the one who liked the sparkling brown, wive vetoed it, maybe you misread it as voted for it. She didn't want me to get it.

So based on all above, Black Sapphire and Dark Graphite are equally difficult to maintain, is that correct? And Space Gray is actually one of the low maintenance colors. I guess Blue is also difficult to maintain, if it is anything like my deep sea blue.
Well... Usually any dark colors are hard to maintain and ofcourse black is more hard.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 04:22 AM   #19
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn
Quote:

Space gray is ultra low maintenance. Have it second time around. Sparkling brown is classy imo and looks great even wit plastic extende wheel arches. Mineral gray is darker than space gray looks awesome when car is clean, like really awesome. Sice you are not ordering msport and have so much to choose from, it is more difficult. I would not take the black one.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #20
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Here are some old photos of my black sapphire beauty. As for maintenance - I bring my own bucket, sponge, all types of cloths/etc. to the same car wash; they also spend more time on mine than on any other car and even then, after all drying up, using compressed air to clean out water, wiping, etc. I floor it on the highway for 1 minute, stop and rub off water (and some insects I just killed by going too fast ))) for another 5 min.

All in all - black is the car color for masochists. By goddam it looks gorgeous when it's clean... for a few hours. And then dust starts crawling in.

P.S. I want to see live pictures of what they have to offer for X5M. Said it before and will say it again - the color palette, at least for now, for the X5 is dead compared to what BWM offers for M4 or M6, for instance. Then again, as much as I love SO on the latter, I just can't see that color on a big SAV. But there's always stuff like Monte Carlo Blue.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #21
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well... Usually any dark colors are hard to maintain and ofcourse black is more hard.
I already gave up on black, but is there a serious difference between Jet Black and Sapphire Black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Space gray is ultra low maintenance. Have it second time around. Sparkling brown is classy imo and looks great even wit plastic extende wheel arches. Mineral gray is darker than space gray looks awesome when car is clean, like really awesome. Sice you are not ordering msport and have so much to choose from, it is more difficult. I would not take the black one.
There is no Mineral Gray, I think you mean Dark Graphite? There is Mineral Silver, but that's really light, almost yellowish white gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
Here are some old photos of my black sapphire beauty. As for maintenance - I bring my own bucket, sponge, all types of cloths/etc. to the same car wash; they also spend more time on mine than on any other car and even then, after all drying up, using compressed air to clean out water, wiping, etc. I floor it on the highway for 1 minute, stop and rub off water (and some insects I just killed by going too fast ))) for another 5 min.

All in all - black is the car color for masochists. By goddam it looks gorgeous when it's clean... for a few hours. And then dust starts crawling in.

P.S. I want to see live pictures of what they have to offer for X5M. Said it before and will say it again - the color palette, at least for now, for the X5 is dead compared to what BWM offers for M4 or M6, for instance. Then again, as much as I love SO on the latter, I just can't see that color on a big SAV. But there's always stuff like Monte Carlo Blue.
Agree. Drove a blacked out jeep for 7 years in the past with 18" chrome clad wheels, however I found the paint Chrysler used in 2000 to be an amazing quality, I don't know if they keep daily USA driving conditions in mind when they build those, for 7 years I never had a major chip or peelage on that baby, but 2 months after I picked up my X5 my rear driver side door had a chip because it banged (lightly tapped) against my garage door when passengers were exiting. The clear coat was completely gone and the whole thing was white. I just don't think BMW does a great paint job on their vehicles for some reason, maybe it's the coat they are using or just overall the way it's done. I also had few dings from parking lot jerks, non of those dings went into clearcoat on chrysler vehicles I owned, but on BMW they all turned into white marks right away. Maybe Jet Black is more durable compared to metallic paints?

PS: Amazing looking black beauty, very well done.

Last edited by hyde; 09-08-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #22
plake
Rep
Drives: VW Touareg TDI

X-Line Pictures

As long as people are asking anyone have more pics of mineral white with X-Lind package? That is what I am going to order.
Appreciate 0