BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #155
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
I am going to help a guy learn coding and he is from bimmerfest. Pointed him to this thread and will be showing some intial coding.
That's great. Honestly, teaching others is the best way to become a better coder. I have learned so much from helping all of you even with features that are not on my car like the LED lighting package. Practices makes perfect.

I'm currently figuring out the details right now with @skalberti from the new CAFD files given by @CatFlap.
      10-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #156
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha

That's great. Honestly, teaching others is the best way to become a better coder. I have learned so much from helping all of you even with features that are not on my car like the LED lighting package. Practices makes perfect.

I'm currently figuring out the details right now with @skalberti from the new CAFD files given by @CatFlap.
Will be waiting for it.

Already done with my VLD and it's awesome. You can literally see the lights moving.

Well. I feel like a kid seeing and exciting when the lights move. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #157
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Will be waiting for it.

Already done with my VLD and it's awesome. You can literally see the lights moving.

Well. I feel like a kid seeing and exciting when the lights move. LOL.
Haha, trust me...you're not alone. We all feel similar when we see such changes on our X5 - coding is just that awesome.

I think I'm going to do the VLD coding tomorrow. It's just too tempting after hearing your feedback and @skalberti's feedback about it.
      10-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #158
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@opasha : can you add @skalberti instructions and couple options to enable EBT in OP

For EBT enhanced Bluetooth, first unpair and delete all bluetooth connections. Then simply add 6NS to your VO and then VO code HU_NBT, you do not need to remove anything from the VO first. Now go to Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. Now pair devices. If you are pairing 2 phones, the first one should be selected as Telephone 1 during pairing and the second one needs to be selected as Telephone 2 for both phones to work at same time.

thanks buddy..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #159
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
@opasha : can you add @skalberti instructions and couple options to enable EBT in OP

For EBT enhanced Bluetooth, first unpair and delete all bluetooth connections. Then simply add 6NS to your VO and then VO code HU_NBT, you do not need to remove anything from the VO first. Now go to Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. Now pair devices. If you are pairing 2 phones, the first one should be selected as Telephone 1 during pairing and the second one needs to be selected as Telephone 2 for both phones to work at same time.

thanks buddy..
Thanks, OP updated with his coding (6-9).
      10-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #160
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Is there a list of all coding possibilities on F15?
Also, I am not clear if a conclusion was reached on ability to code Anti-Dazzle as demonstrated on the video with LED package in USA or if add'l hardware is needed to achieve that functionality?
      10-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #161
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Is there a list of all coding possibilities on F15?
Also, I am not clear if a conclusion was reached on ability to code Anti-Dazzle as demonstrated on the video with LED package in USA or if add'l hardware is needed to achieve that functionality?
OP has a google doc link to possible coding and also some are listed in OP which are not in the doc like VO coding

@opasha can answer better. But they were able to get hold of europe CAFD files from @catflap and compared them. May be they are testing to make sure everything is working.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #162
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP has a google doc link to possible coding and also some are listed in OP which are not in the doc like VO coding

@opasha can answer better. But they were able to get hold of europe CAFD files from @catflap and compared them. May be they are testing to make sure everything is working.
Thanks, I'd seen that but couldn't figure out if it was all that's available because it looked like a technical jargon, not to mention bunch of different color indicators, not knowing if colors meant something.
I also didn't see most of these in that list that @OuKEnFoLdMX posted earlier.

1.- break light flash on braking or Enable GTS brake force display
11.- Reduce time for folding mirror
12.- Disable auto start/stop by default:
14.- Xenon's firing on unlock or Low Beam Turns On When Unlocking
15.- Enable Rear View Camera While Driving At Any Speed
16.- Enable Enhanced Bluetooth Music Streaming 6NS
17.- Change phone ringtone (different ring or transfer phone’s ringtone to car
18.- Enable Sport Display (horsepower and torque gauges
19.- Turn signals in HUD
20.- HUD to show Entertainment list
      10-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #163
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'd seen that but couldn't figure out if it was all that's available because it looked like a technical jargon, not to mention bunch of different color indicators, not knowing if colors meant something.
I also didn't see most of these in that list that @OuKEnFoLdMX posted earlier.

19.- Turn signals in HUD
I think you will get 18,20 by default in F15. Atleast I have them when it came.

There is coding mentioned in OP and sheet for 12,16,17,19.

I don't think we know about the rest.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #164
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

as @Hang0ver said, I'm currently working with @skalberti for the lights. There is some different coding between the US and Euro versions in regards to the CAFD files. We are only going to post the information after the testing is complete. This would be faster if I had LEDs on my car, but I do not, so @skalberti is doing all the coding at the moment to test it. When he figures out what works and what does not, he will let me know and we will post the right information for you guys.

@hyde, I'm not sure what that member told you, but some of that coding is not available for our car. If it is, no one has the info for it. From what I remember, he hasn't even gotten his vehicle yet. Also, as @Hang0ver mentioned, majority of the codes are in the OP in the cheat sheet and in my extra CODING list.
      10-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #165
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
as @Hang0ver said, I'm currently working with @skalberti for the lights. There is some different coding between the US and Euro versions in regards to the CAFD files. We are only going to post the information after the testing is complete. This would be faster if I had LEDs on my car, but I do not, so @skalberti is doing all the coding at the moment to test it. When he figures out what works and what does not, he will let me know and we will post the right information for you guys.

@hyde, I'm not sure what that member told you, but some of that coding is not available for our car. If it is, no one has the info for it. From what I remember, he hasn't even gotten his vehicle yet. Also, as @Hang0ver mentioned, majority of the codes are in the OP in the cheat sheet and in my extra CODING list.
I am going to have to wait for that because I really like that feature, it's truly amazing. I am sure you all know Benz just introduced a much more advanced version which actually senses curves before you go into one and starts bending according to image data. It's really amazing, as opposed one source with movement it uses multiple LEDs magnified and individual movement. I am sorry but BMW is still years behind in technology and look at what we have to go through to get some of the functionality that should at least be optional in USA.

PS: Where is your extra coding list?

At 01:45 I had to remind myself to close my mouth and wipe the drool off my face.

10-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #166
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

@hyde, very cool regarding the new Benz technology. For the extra coding list that I have added/keep adding to for things not mentioned in r33's coding cheat sheet, read below in the OP where I state: "CODING that may NOT be in r33's cheat sheet: if you guys have/find more, just PM me or add to this thread and I will edit the OP page for these codes." Then everything that follows is numbered.
      10-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #167
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@hyde, here to add to the answers:

11. Is already on my cheat sheet.
12. By default the setting is follow the last position, I think it is better than always disable by default. If you can dig around for F10 cheat sheet, it is similar.
15. Also available on F10 cheat sheet
18. I never test it since I have an M Sport, but I saw it got done on some other chassis

There are a lot more you can do, I just been busy lately and didn't get a chance to do any other new coding yet.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #168
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Is there a coding to have fog lights on by default when headlights are on? I did code for fogs to be on with highbeams
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #169
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisina4 View Post
Is there a coding to have fog lights on by default when headlights are on? I did code for fogs to be on with highbeams
I know already answered you, but in case anyone has this question, the answer is no, unfortunately. There is no coding to enable the fogs on by default.
      10-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #170
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

@Hang0ver, @r33, @opasha, thanks for the replies.
It was my mistake that I missed opasha's explanation that he added those things to the first post. I should have cross checked first. I will try to soak up as much as I can by the time I take delivery.
      10-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #171
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
Quote:

I am going to have to wait for that because I really like that feature, it's truly amazing. I am sure you all know Benz just introduced a much more advanced version which actually senses curves before you go into one and starts bending according to image data. It's really amazing, as opposed one source with movement it uses multiple LEDs magnified and individual movement. I am sorry but BMW is still years behind in technology and look at what we have to go through to get some of the functionality that should at least be optional in USA.

PS: Where is your extra coding list?

At 01:45 I had to remind myself to close my mouth and wipe the drool off my face.

Its true, MB focused on technology and they are way ahead... Now, they are focusing on style... Honestly, they're doing an amazing job... The LED technology is beautiful! I love my X5 LED lighting... I can just imagine the CLS!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #172
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
Its true, MB focused on technology and they are way ahead... Now, they are focusing on style... Honestly, they're doing an amazing job... The LED technology is beautiful! I love my X5 LED lighting... I can just imagine the CLS!
Agreed.
      10-04-2014, 12:37 AM   #173
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

19.- Turn signals in HUD

1- is not possible on the X5

20,19,11 is on the cheat sheet

17 - look for inband ringtone in HU_NBT

18 ,12, comes standard
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #174
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You will first need an ENET OBD2 Cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201069740077. This is the one I bought.
Thanks for the link, ordered it!

My to do list so I don't forget:
Disable iDrive legal disclaimer
Disable Cameras legal disclaimer
Open/Close Window via Keyfob
Open/Close Side Mirror
Unlock when STOP Engine
HUD Lane Departure
HUD Turnsignal
Tire Pressure and Temperature on Vehicle Status
Enable other playable video format via USB
Handles on while reversing

Question:
Rain Light Sensor Reduced Sensitivity (I needed exact opposite on E70, it wasn't sensitive at all, so is it too sensitive in F15?)
Dimming Side View Mirrors (Why isn't this standard!?)
Close Window via Comfort Access (This was standard with Comfort Access on E70, isn't it on F15? Keep holding handle to roll windows up)
DRL Taillamp (Which light turns on with this option? I don't want to reduce my brake lights)
LED Corana Ring Brightness (Does this make them even brighter?)
Is it possible to disable the front amber LED running lamps? They are just three tiny LEDs but I wonder if we can find the code to just turn them off? I think both Optional LED Lighting and Standard Bi-Xenon packages use the same 3 LEDs.
      10-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #175
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the link, ordered it!

My to do list so I don't forget:
Disable iDrive legal disclaimer
Disable Cameras legal disclaimer
Open/Close Window via Keyfob
Open/Close Side Mirror
Unlock when STOP Engine
HUD Lane Departure
HUD Turnsignal
Tire Pressure and Temperature on Vehicle Status
Enable other playable video format via USB
Handles on while reversing

Question:
1)Rain Light Sensor Reduced Sensitivity (I needed exact opposite on E70, it wasn't sensitive at all, so is it too sensitive in F15?)
2)Dimming Side View Mirrors (Why isn't this standard!?)
3)Close Window via Comfort Access (This was standard with Comfort Access on E70, isn't it on F15? Keep holding handle to roll windows up)
4)DRL Taillamp (Which light turns on with this option? I don't want to reduce my brake lights)
5)LED Corana Ring Brightness (Does this make them even brighter?)
6)Is it possible to disable the front amber LED running lamps? They are just three tiny LEDs but I wonder if we can find the code to just turn them off? I think both Optional LED Lighting and Standard Bi-Xenon packages use the same 3 LEDs.
1) The sensors work perfectly fine on the F15 - they work as they should without being too sensitive from what I have seen/tested on mine, so this code really isn't needed.

2) I don't really know about this one because my front windows are tinted so it doesn't bother me nor do I notice if they tint or not. However, here is the code:
Auto Dimming Mirrors BDC_Body > SPIEGEL_ELEKTROCHRO > nicht_aktiv to turn off autodim mirror or aktiv to enable mirror

3) From what I know, this has to be coded. I know where all the coding is and what the timing delays are for each one as well. It's all related to the KOMFORT coding.

4) This is a very cool feature that I have enabled. This does not affect your brake light. When you brake, the whole rear light lights up at 100% brightness so it's clearly distinguishable. If you like, I can take a picture of the brake light tomorrow, but here is what it looks like enabled. Note only two LED strips are on during the Day at all times when you have your front DRLs on.

5) LED Corona ring brightness only works if you have LED Lighting Package. Essentially, when you have your headlights on, the LED HALOS reduce their brightness. During the day time, both LED and Bi-Xenon packages have the HALOS at 100% full brightness. So, this feature enables the LED lighting package X5s to have the same 100% full brightness as they have during the day. I coded it but it doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect on mine since I have Bi-Xenons.

Here's a comparison:

DRL 100% HALO brightness:

DRL brightness (I don't remember the percentage - I think it's 25-40%) with Headlights on:

6) If you are referring to the Amber corner lights above the amber turn signals in Bi-Xenons and in the same location for the LED lights, I think there is a way to code them off. I don't know where it is located though. I just found the code in the 1 series thread. It was in NFRM for 1 series, so that's BDC_Body for us?:

SIDEMARKER_US_MIT_FRA_V (Disables side marker/signal light when headlights are on. Change the value to "nicht_aktiv". Module value might be longer than SIDEMARKER_US. Here are some examples: SIDEMARKER_US_NFRM, SIDEMARKER_US_NF, or SIDEMARKER_US_MIT_FRA_V. On some cars disabling this one value is enough to turn off everything and making the changes below will also disable your angel eyes, so check after making this one change and only continue if you find your side markers are still on.) - @shawnsheridan or @skalberti...do you guys know where this is located and if it works? Thanks.

Last edited by opasha; 10-04-2014 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #176
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Turn off Nav and Radio when door opens

BDC_BODY 3020 TcMaster,98 TCM_LOGIC_R_OFF_DOOR -> Aktiv

3068 LceMaster, 22 BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP is the number of blinks for lane change. Default is wert 02 which is 3 blinks. Desired amount=werte+1. So werte=4 gives 5 blinks.

3068 LceMaster, 22 ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG - this is the emergency stop signal which is your rear brake lights flashing during a sudden emergency braking. -> bremslicht blinkend (this needs to be tested, not sure if we have the bulbs to make this work) to test, slam on your brakes driving about 50mph, preferably with someone behind you that knows what you're about to do. If you don't get a check bulb error on your dash this should work.

3068 LceMaster, 22 FLA_AKTIVIERUNG-> default is LDS in A set to LDS in A or 2. This turns on your FLA not only in the auto light setting, but also when you manually turn the headlights on.
Appreciate 0