BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
Waoudi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 MSport, '16 M3 ZCP

Best way to sell My 17 X5 M Sport Questions

I recently decided that I don't need the X5 since my wife already has an SUV and would like to get an F80 M3. I purchased my F15 late last Nov. as a CPO and paid for the upgraded maintenance which includes brakes. I also own a Z4 E85 SI that I enjoy driving the most and drive it anytime it's dry. So the X5 is mostly garaged. Also, since i have a 3rd car I can be without the X5 for a while if necessary.

My questions are:

Do I need to sell it to a private party to get the biggest bang for the buck? If Yes, where have you found the best luck?

I know i can transfer the CPO for $200 but can I get refunded or transfer the extra maintenance package I bought?

My car has the MPPK and a few aesthetic mods. Does it make it harder to sell or does it make it worth more by chance?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #2
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

Undoubtedly, selling to an individual will minimize the inevitable loss incurred since November. Aesthetic changes do help, but you're in tough spot as the market is pretty saturated with F15s by now as G05 is around the corner. So you'll find yourself competing with others looking to sell. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waoudi View Post
I recently decided that I don't need the X5 since my wife already has an SUV and would like to get an F80 M3. I purchased my F15 late last Nov. as a CPO and paid for the upgraded maintenance which includes brakes. I also own a Z4 E85 SI that I enjoy driving the most and drive it anytime it's dry. So the X5 is mostly garaged. Also, since i have a 3rd car I can be without the X5 for a while if necessary.

My questions are:

Do I need to sell it to a private party to get the biggest bang for the buck? If Yes, where have you found the best luck?

I know i can transfer the CPO for $200 but can I get refunded or transfer the extra maintenance package I bought?

My car has the MPPK and a few aesthetic mods. Does it make it harder to sell or does it make it worth more by chance?

Thanks in advance
1. Private party sale would yield more money for you (unless you want to trade it in for F80 M3 and try to minimize your loss)
2. With MPPK and OEM aesthetics - you can sell it faster, as people will like your car more, but it won't yield higher price in reality.
3. Not sure about transferring extra maintenance package - maybe someone will chime in

P.S. F80 M3 is a nice car. I walked one on highway in my 50i lol, but that M3 was stock.
Appreciate 1
Waoudi23.00
      07-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
Waoudi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menelaos View Post
Undoubtedly, selling to an individual will minimize the inevitable loss incurred since November. Aesthetic changes do help, but you're in tough spot as the market is pretty saturated with F15s by now as G05 is around the corner. So you'll find yourself competing with others looking to sell. Good luck!
Thanks. While trying to price my car I couldn't find more than one msport sdrive so i have a little advantage. I'm good with losing value since I bought a depreciating asset in the first place and will just roll it into the price of the M from a budget perspective. At the end of the day if I don't sell it now it will just be worth less later and I won't have as much time driving a fun M car

-WA
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Waoudi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
1. Private party sale would yield more money for you (unless you want to trade it in for F80 M3 and try to minimize your loss)
2. With MPPK and OEM aesthetics - you can sell it faster, as people will like your car more, but it won't yield higher price in reality.
3. Not sure about transferring extra maintenance package - maybe someone will chime in

P.S. F80 M3 is a nice car. I walked one on highway in my 50i lol, but that M3 was stock.
Thanks for your feedback. Why do you think I can minimize my loss by trading it in? As much as I would like to go back to the same person and make it an easy transaction it's not easy to find a certified M3 so i was hoping to sell private so i can expand my options. I'm in Nashville so not a big market.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waoudi View Post
Thanks. While trying to price my car I couldn't find more than one msport sdrive so i have a little advantage. I'm good with losing value since I bought a depreciating asset in the first place and will just roll it into the price of the M from a budget perspective. At the end of the day if I don't sell it now it will just be worth less later and I won't have as much time driving a fun M car

-WA
if it's an sDrive, you'd have the disadvantage of appealing to southern buyers only! But you're right, the longer you wait, the worse it will be.
Am sure it will sell, but at a significant loss, to which you appear to be aware of.
Appreciate 1
Waoudi23.00
      07-09-2018, 12:31 AM   #7
gtrsam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

Here in ga you get tax savings for trading in your car. Plus the benefit of selling private is long gone when they made you pay for taxes on private party vehicles. I don't even waste my time selling private anymore. I just trade my car in. I paid zero taxes on my x5 because of my raptor trade in of 63k.
As for the f80 you'll love it. I had 2 and I miss my last one so much. One of my biggest regrets(car wise)
Appreciate 1
Waoudi23.00
      07-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #8
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Post it on the classified on this forum because you will probably get more bites from other BMW enthusiasts. Be sure to make an effort when posting it though make it a good presentation with good clear photos and description along with all the options/features listed clearly.
      07-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #9
sloanbj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Xdrive50i MSport

Include VIN and Carfax!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #10
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD