United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Looking for 2018 F15 per these specs

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm looking for an F15 that meets or comes very close to these specs. Preferably within a few hours drive from upstate NY so I can come see it.

2018 X5 (F15) spec

xDrive35i
Less than 10K miles

Exterior Color
- Imperial Blue Metallic
- Space Gray Metallic

Interior
- Nappa or Merino leather
- Not Ivory, Canberra or White
- Trim: not brushed aluminum or piano black

Packages
- ZDA Driving asst pkg (active blind spot, active driving assist, driving assist plus, heads up display, speed limit info, land depart warning0
- ZDB Driving asst plus pkg ( ACC stop & go, extended collision mitigation)
- ZLS Lux seating (front vent seats, multi contour seats)
- ZPP Premium Pkg (Comfort Access keyless entry and kick to open tailgate, Sat radio, 4 zone climate)
- ZPX Exec Pkg ( soft close doors, adaptive full LED, auto high beam, side/top view cams, parking assistant, Dynamic instrument cluster)

Options
- 248 heated steering wheel
- 19” wheel/tires
- 300 space saver spare tire
- 417 rear manual side window shades
- 456 multi contour seats
- 496 heated rear seats
- 688 HK sound system

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
I'm looking for an F15 that meets or comes very close to these specs. Preferably within a few hours drive from upstate NY so I can come see it.

2018 X5 (F15) spec

xDrive35i
Less than 10K miles

Exterior Color
- Imperial Blue Metallic
- Space Gray Metallic

Interior

Packages
- ZDA Driving asst pkg (active blind spot, active driving assist, driving assist plus, heads up display, speed limit info, land depart warning0
- ZPP Premium Pkg (Comfort Access keyless entry and kick to open tailgate, Sat radio, 4 zone climate)
- ZPX Exec Pkg ( soft close doors, adaptive full LED, auto high beam, side/top view cams, parking assistant, Dynamic instrument cluster)

Options
- 19” wheel/tires
- 496 heated rear seats
- 688 HK sound system
I wish you luck in your search but IMO you'll need to look nationwide for such a specific spec. Especially on a 35i which are much harder to find well optioned than a 50i.

I did search the BMW CPO page, 500 mile search from a Syracuse zip code (not sure where in update NY you are), and only 4 2018 model year 35i's popped up in blue or gray. And only 2 of those had less than 10K miles. And none of the 4 were close to your desired spec.

Stretching to nationwide, there were only 10 2018 35i's in blue or gray with less than 10K miles. Obviously there's other sites but the BMW CPO page has great filters to quickly narrow down results without using a VIN decoder.

Here's one that is somewhat close. It's missing 19's (has 20's), rear heated seats, rear manual sunshades, & space saver tire, but as a bonus above your desired spec has M Sport, B&O sound, dynamic handling package, rear seat entertainment, etc. - https://cpo.bmwusa.com/used/2018-BMW...5833?zip=13027
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #3
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Here's one that is somewhat close. It's missing 19's (has 20's), rear heated seats, rear manual sunshades, & space saver tire, but as a bonus above your desired spec has M Sport, B&O sound, dynamic handling package, rear seat entertainment, etc. - https://cpo.bmwusa.com/used/2018-BMW...5833?zip=13027
Thank you very much for your research! I've written the dealership. I too used BMW NA search but did not go as far as Georgia so didn't see that one. Well, I figured that since I too didn't find anything close, I would post on the forum and maybe someone who was thinking about selling theirs, would reply. While not everything on my list is necessary, you don't get what you don't ask for

Once again, thank you!

Marty

PS: I started out looking for G05 and have been on that forum for a while now but just cannot see myself dealing with the plethora of tech issues that car has so thought I'd go in reverse and look for the last of the F15's.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #4
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 SO M3, 17 X5M, 18 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quote:

2018 X5 (F15) spec

xDrive35i
Less than 10K miles

Exterior Color
- Imperial Blue Metallic
- Space Gray Metallic

Interior

Packages

Options
- 19" wheel/tires
- 496 heated rear seats
- 688 HK sound system
I wish you luck in your search but IMO you'll need to look nationwide for such a specific spec. Especially on a 35i which are much harder to find well optioned than a 50i.

I did search the BMW CPO page, 500 mile search from a Syracuse zip code (not sure where in update NY you are), and only 4 2018 model year 35i's popped up in blue or gray. And only 2 of those had less than 10K miles. And none of the 4 were close to your desired spec.

Stretching to nationwide, there were only 10 2018 35i's in blue or gray with less than 10K miles. Obviously there's other sites but the BMW CPO page has great filters to quickly narrow down results without using a VIN decoder.

Wow,, that is indeed very well equipped,,I don't believe I have seen one around as well equipped ,, kind of used X5M territory though, OP I am sure you already know that, be sure to ask them what they charge for dealer / doc fee,, heard some BMW dealerships in ATL charge up to 799 as Dealer/Doc fee.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 10:12 PM   #5
Logical
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

You ever hear of Autotrader, Cars.com, and CarGurus? Might want to take a peek bro. Good luck
2015 F86 X6 M (Retired)
2014 F10 M5 (Retired)
2010 E70 X5 M (Retired), 2010 E92 M3 MT (Retired)
2006 E60 M5 (Retired), 2000 E39 M5 MT (Retired)
1999 E39 328i (Retired), 1995 525i (Retired)
1987 325i (Totaled - that was fun!)
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #6
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
You ever hear of Autotrader, Cars.com, and CarGurus? Might want to take a peek bro. Good luck
Been there, done that, thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Anyone familiar with United BMW of Alpharetta, GA? I received a reply from them and in the body of the email were ads for a couple of G05's that looked like this, see pic.. ..

Ok, so the 2020 X5 is bone bare stock, which accounts for their pricing. However, the 2019 is not with an MSRP about $10K higher. I didn't price out the X6. Drilling into all three of these cars reveals their details in which they are all listed as Used...

Just wondering if they are trustworthy, anyone know?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Anyone familiar with United BMW of Alpharetta, GA? I received a reply from them and in the body of the email were ads for a couple of G05's that looked like this, see pic.. ..

Ok, so the 2020 X5 is bone bare stock, which accounts for their pricing. However, the 2019 is not with an MSRP about $10K higher. I didn't price out the X6. Drilling into all three of these cars reveals their details in which they are all listed as Used...

Just wondering if they are trustworthy, anyone know?
FWIW,,, I've never bought from them but did speak with them a couple of times before when we were looking for our M550,,, I actually called them about this particular X5 since I am also looking for one with the dynamic handling package.

So this particular one was listed on the certified BMW website however in reality it is not certified, apparently this was some kind of a training vehicle and those are not eligible for certification. I've never heard of "training vehicles" . what they told me, is that these are not press cars. I am not sure what to think about it!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #9
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
FWIW,,, I've never bought from them but did speak with them a couple of times before when we were looking for our M550,,, I actually called them about this particular X5 since I am also looking for one with the dynamic handling package.

So this particular one was listed on the certified BMW website however in reality it is not certified, apparently this was some kind of a training vehicle and those are not eligible for certification. I've never heard of "training vehicles" . what they told me, is that these are not press cars. I am not sure what to think about it!!
I believe this particular X5 was used in Spartanburg at their Performance Center. If you buy a new BMW you can elect to have a Performance Center Delivery (PCD) and they put you in several cars but always in one like the one you bought and give you driving instructions.

I just found out that this one does not have the kick to open tailgate which is what I want.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #10
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I believe this particular X5 was used in Spartanburg at their Performance Center. If you buy a new BMW you can elect to have a Performance Center Delivery (PCD) and they put you in several cars but always in one like the one you bought and give you driving instructions.

I just found out that this one does not have the kick to open tailgate which is what I want.
You might be correct but from my experience doing PCD for our M3,, they have a fleet of Performance School cars and when I spoke with United they specifically told me this was not a Performance school car.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
You might be correct but from my experience doing PCD for our M3,, they have a fleet of Performance School cars and when I spoke with United they specifically told me this was not a Performance school car.
Well then maybe the factory uses them for training purposes. I just found it strange that since this was a BMW owned car, the warranty ends Dec 2021 meaning it started a couple of years ago even though there wasn't a customer who purchased it.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:12 PM   #12
EdgyE36
Wisdom Searcher
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 and E46 M3

To kind of state the obvious, the more specific your requirements the smaller the pool. Could be setting yourself up for frustrating journey. We passed on some pretty good deals b/c having the DA + was non negotiable for my wife.

Don't blame you on the blue, that was our first color but had to be flexible. Patience and lead time needed. GL with search.