BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

04-17-2023, 08:27 PM   #1
ENDEE666
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M CB on Aragon BM3 XHP

XHP Flash Failed, Help Needed! Did I Brick It?? (FIXED!)

FIXED! Here is orig post for future-

I have had XHP stage 2 for over a year, no issues. I just tried to reflash after changing & checking things (line bump & reduced tq in 1st) and the reflash failed. Now I have every trans & drivetrain error possible, including the safety systems, and it won't even go into gear.

Codes won't clear with XHP's built in diagnostic or Bimmerlink. I tried flashing my backup thru XHP, that failed & did not work. I tried unistalling XHP from the car, that failed. I removed & reinstalled the program on my laptop, no changes.

I am in full panic mode, and really hope I didn't just destroy the TCU. I was using a Windows laptop & the Enet cable with high speed usb adapter. Same way I also flash BM3 with no issues. Car is a 15 F85 with 53k. All else was fine til this, I even just got back from a road trip yesterday, no issues.

Emailing XHP as well, but obviously will not get a response quickly.

Last edited by ENDEE666; 04-17-2023 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: fixed
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 08:29 PM   #2
ENDEE666
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Bimmerlink codes-

18 Transmission control
Sys function: All error groups have been blocked
(e.g. via UDS ControlDTCSetting during the EGS
software update)

18 Transmission control
CF1461
Message (diagnosis OBD engine, 0x397) missing
receiver EGS (A-CAN and FA-CAN), transmitter
DME / DDE (A-CAN and FA-CAN)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 08:32 PM   #3
ENDEE666
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Also, it is hooked up to battery charger. I did not get any low battery warnings either.
      04-17-2023, 10:10 PM   #4
ENDEE666
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well.... It works. And that was the scariest thing this car has done to me yet!

Here was what I did, in case it helps anyone in the future-

Locked the car, brought key far inside, and waited an hour for ECU/TCU to go to "sleep" mode.

Went back out, and errors still showed on cluster & center screen "Transmission Malfunction" and all the safety things like collision, pedestrian, etc. So I was not very optimistic.

In that hour, I uninstalled & reinstalled XHP on the laptop again, and did NOT do the newest update. I don't know if that matters, but I was covering bases. I also restarted the laptop.

Instead of trying to read codes, or even flash to stock, I flashed Stage 2 again (what I had always been running) with the logic of that worked in the past, and maybe it partially installed and needed to finish/repair. No clue, just a thought. And it worked, and then cleared the codes. Quick drive around the block (couldn't even get out of park before & didn't even show "P" on cluster) and all gears worked.

Horrifying. Really thought I bricked the TCU or something. Not sure why it failed before. I did have the BM3 agent open, but did not have BM3 site open. Not sure if both tried to communicate maybe. So just in case, don't do that. So relieved!
x5mMege12.50
Chilled365.00