BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #1
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Album Art / Song Titles Not Changing

I just bought my first iPhone and was pleased that I would now get album art on the display when streaming music. I have been a Samsung guy for the last 5 or so years. I never had an issue other than not getting the album art.

The album art works perfectly for the first song but once I change songs the album art and song info does not change. I have tried via USB and Bluetooth on Spotify and Pandora and have the same issue with all combinations.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
I just bought my first iPhone and was pleased that I would now get album art on the display when streaming music. I have been a Samsung guy for the last 5 or so years. I never had an issue other than not getting the album art.

The album art works perfectly for the first song but once I change songs the album art and song info does not change. I have tried via USB and Bluetooth on Spotify and Pandora and have the same issue with all combinations.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
I had similar problem after the last iPhone update I even went as far as goin to see a one of the geniuses and he couldn't figure it out either smh so in a nut shell I spoke with someone from Apple and they told me that the two are miles apart as far as firmware Bmw can't and won't keep up was advised to delete the phone from the car and hard reset the phone and it worked got back album art and all my Bluetooth function that were acting up try it hopefully it works for u as it did me
      01-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #3
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

The Bluetooth just sucks. Song data lagging, to music cutting out constantly. I've restored to using the aux input now.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 10:08 AM   #4
Danydich
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Since this thread is a few years old, I hope you've managed to sort out the issue by now. If not, here's what I'd suggest:
1. Check for any software updates on both your iPhone and your car's infotainment system. Updates often include bug fixes that might resolve your issue.
2. Have you tried doing a hard reset on your infotainment system? Sometimes a simple reboot can work wonders.
3. Unpair and re-pair your Bluetooth connection, or try a different USB cable if you haven't already. Cables can get funky over time and might be the culprit.
Also, if you're a music enthusiast and you use Spotify frequently, you might want to explore some promotional avenues. You can buy spotify plays to boost the profiles of your favorite artists or even playlists you've curated. Just another way to elevate your music experience!

Last edited by Danydich; 11-03-2023 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0