BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #1
JStang
N54 ADDICT
Rep
Drives: '14 XDrive35i M Sport

Album Art / Song Titles Not Changing

I just bought my first iPhone and was pleased that I would now get album art on the display when streaming music. I have been a Samsung guy for the last 5 or so years. I never had an issue other than not getting the album art.

The album art works perfectly for the first song but once I change songs the album art and song info does not change. I have tried via USB and Bluetooth on Spotify and Pandora and have the same issue with all combinations.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
bigmac f02+g12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
I just bought my first iPhone and was pleased that I would now get album art on the display when streaming music. I have been a Samsung guy for the last 5 or so years. I never had an issue other than not getting the album art.

The album art works perfectly for the first song but once I change songs the album art and song info does not change. I have tried via USB and Bluetooth on Spotify and Pandora and have the same issue with all combinations.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
I had similar problem after the last iPhone update I even went as far as goin to see a one of the geniuses and he couldn't figure it out either smh so in a nut shell I spoke with someone from Apple and they told me that the two are miles apart as far as firmware Bmw can't and won't keep up was advised to delete the phone from the car and hard reset the phone and it worked got back album art and all my Bluetooth function that were acting up try it hopefully it works for u as it did me
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
turboawd
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

The Bluetooth just sucks. Song data lagging, to music cutting out constantly. I've restored to using the aux input now.
Appreciate 0