BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #3015
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Someone in our office had the lap band surgery almost a year ago.....I'm beyond sick of hearing about how her stomach will only hold 4 oz. anytime that food is discussed.

I'm still unsure of why she had surgery on her stomach. Her stomach wasn't the problem. Perhaps she should have had her elbows fused, to where she couldn't bend them, in order to prevent the motion of putting food in her mouth.
Appreciate 7
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
Salty Dog3572.50
kscarrol8799.50
rebekahb3128.50
      01-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #3016
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Someone in our office had the lap band surgery almost a year ago.....I'm beyond sick of hearing about how her stomach will only hold 4 oz. anytime that food is discussed.

I'm still unsure of why she had surgery on her stomach. Her stomach wasn't the problem. Perhaps she should have had her elbows fused, to where she couldn't bend them, in order to prevent the motion of putting food in her mouth.
I had a really good friend that had that operation and died from it years ago. There were complications and at the time he left behind a 10 year old son.

It was a very sad situation.

I don't understand having that done unless it is absolutely necessary. And I hear the failure rate or people that lapse back into old habits is high.

It's a band-aid and doesn't solve the real issue which you mentioned above!
      01-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #3017
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I had a really good friend that had that operation and died from it years ago. There were complications and at the time he left behind a 10 year old son.

It was a very sad situation.

I don't understand having that done unless it is absolutely necessary. And I hear the failure rate or people that lapse back into old habits is high.

It's a band-aid and doesn't solve the real issue which you mentioned above!
That's terrible to hear!

The sad thing is that the surgery wasn't required. This individual made claims of going to the gym, but from what I heard always made excuses as to why she couldn't do the exercises. This individual also has a filing cabinet behind her desk that is full of snack cakes along with a mini fridge behind her desk. She is nothing more than a miserable person who looks for simple joys in order to make herself feel better about her life....food being one of these small rewards. It's a personality issue more than it is anything else. If she could simply own that the problems in her life are brought on by her poor decision making and do something about it, she would be a much happier person in general.

From the outside looking in, she continues to eat junk food all day; the sound of her crunching and lip smacking all day makes my skin crawl. I have to hear, countless times a day, about how difficult it was for her to have this surgery and according to her, how everyone tells her how this is the lazy/cheaters way of losing weight; but no one realizes how hard it is not to be able to eat. I've come really close to telling her if she wants to know what hard is, come with me to the gym for a night; then do it every night 5 days a week. Having a surgery to lose weight, simply because you have no will power, is not held in high regard with me.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
rebekahb3128.50
      01-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #3018
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
its not 10am, and i need a drink asap. i dont even drink at all. I dont even have a favorite drink.

i cannot understand how certain individuals lack common sense and you provide service to community, convincing them they are saving them money.

im working on project that is on specific budget, the arch redesign a floor where new bathroom is roughly 10ft away from plumbing lines. These pipes are in area where there is no work involve. I cant run new pipes from basement, increase cost of the project....So architect, please show me where do you want to run new plumbing lines.
In order to make this work, you need to demo some walls and floor to make connections.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #3019
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
its not 10am, and i need a drink asap. i dont even drink at all. I dont even have a favorite drink.

i cannot understand how certain individuals lack common sense and you provide service to community, convincing them they are saving them money.

im working on project that is on specific budget, the arch redesign a floor where new bathroom is roughly 10ft away from plumbing lines. These pipes are in area where there is no work involve. I cant run new pipes from basement, increase cost of the project....So architect, please show me where do you want to run new plumbing lines.
In order to make this work, you need to demo some walls and floor to make connections.
but my friend, what about design?
don't you know architects are the gods of design and under all circumstances and conditions, design>everything else?
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50
      01-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #3020
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Dodge has forced me to keep my Hellcat b/c they pretty much give away new ones. I am not going to give it away. If I have to spend the money, it'll be on the payments as I keep enjoying it vs come out of pocket thousands just to sell it. I could be stuck in a worse car, though.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #3021
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Dodge has forced me to keep my Hellcat b/c they pretty much give away new ones. I am not going to give it away. If I have to spend the money, it'll be on the payments as I keep enjoying it vs come out of pocket thousands just to sell it. I could be stuck in a worse car, though.
Aren't you glad you didn't buy a Prius or a Subaru?
      01-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #3022
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
but my friend, what about design?
don't you know architects are the gods of design and under all circumstances and conditions, design>everything else?
i have to do magic and make it work forever, not temporarily lol
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #3023
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well, maybe...and I'm just spitballing here...maybe if you hadn't pulled something like the below, he may not have had the same (admittedly healthy) fear that he did...
I always thought that if I had had a daughter, her dates would get a little "show" the first time they came over. I would have got a fresh flat-top and had a USMC t-shirt on, and a big pistol in a shoulder holster or a leg rig. I would have had one of my big rifles up on the workbench in the garage when he came out there to meet me. I would have made sure I had some solvent on my hand when he shook it, so the scent served as a reminder of "dad" during their date.

Knowing that there might be serious consequences for any fuckery (or fucking, in this case) isn't a bad thing at all.
      01-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #3024
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well, maybe...and I'm just spitballing here...maybe if you hadn't pulled something like the below, he may not have had the same (admittedly healthy) fear that he did...
I always thought that if I had had a daughter, her dates would get a little "show" the first time they came over. I would have got a fresh flat-top and had a USMC t-shirt on, and a big pistol in a shoulder holster or a leg rig. I would have had one of my big rifles up on the workbench in the garage when he came out there to meet me. I would have made sure I had some solvent on my hand when he shook it, so the scent served as a reminder of "dad" during their date.

Knowing that there might be serious consequences for any fuckery (or fucking, in this case) isn't a bad thing at all.
I come home with your daughter, she's already informed me of how tough you are and that you generally aren't fond of guys she brings home. I brush it off and walk in, shake hands with you.

My first question is "why do you carry a pistol on your hip?", followed by "nice rifle" because best way to get in a girls pants is to get tight with her dad. The solvent smell intrigues me so I ask about any projects you have going on, because I'm genuinely interested. You show me around, we end up having a decent time, and you give her the seal of approval.

Reminds me of the time when I had to compliment a boomer's 318ti, ended up with a vintage tool he cleaned up, got brownie points with the girl and the dad

When a girl says her dad loves to mess with the guys she brings over it's a fun challenge; 9/10 times the dad is cool as shit too and you think "wow why is he cooler than her?" so you stick around until you realize a major red flag and feel bad for not being able to hang with the dad anymore...
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #3025
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

Well I got lucky in that his dad is over the SWAT team in our county, his uncle is the Coroner, and all of our families are friends.

His dad told him from that the start that by looking at me, I wasn't a person to be "crossed" and that if it came to that, we wouldn't have any problems with getting rid of the body.

Of course it was all a joke, but I think it still planted a seed in his mind.

Plus he went to my gym so I would pop up occasionally when he and his friends were there.... and I would mess with their heads by warming up with the weights they were struggling with.
      01-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #3026
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Well I got lucky in that his dad is over the SWAT team in our county, his uncle is the Coroner, and all of our families are friends.

His dad told him from that the start that by looking at me, I wasn't a person to be "crossed" and that if it came to that, we wouldn't have any problems with getting rid of the body.

Of course it was all a joke, but I think it still planted a seed in his mind.

Plus he went to my gym so I would pop up occasionally when he and his friends were there.... and I would mess with their heads by warming up with the weights they were struggling with.
My second father-in-law was a district attorney, and her older brother was (still is) a federal prosecutor. Suffice it to say that I underwent a thorough background check. And passed.
      01-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #3027
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Aren't you glad you didn't buy a Prius or a Subaru?
lol never considered them anyway. Chick I'm seeing has a late model Forester. What a POS
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #3028
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
lol never considered them anyway. Chick I'm seeing has a late model Forester. What a POS
Subaru is the official vehicle of lesbians. Are you sure she's batting for our team? I'd say some tests are in order.
      01-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #3029
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Subaru is the official vehicle of lesbians. Are you sure she's batting for our team? I'd say some tests are in order.
How does one test for lesbianism? Show her a picture of Jodie Fosters knuckles and check her reaction?
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
wrickem2101.00
      01-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #3030
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
How does one test for lesbianism? Show her a picture of Jodie Fosters knuckles and check her reaction?
A possible test would be to recollect whether she's ever asked YOU to make HER a sandwich.

Or taking a look at her furniture, might be a giveaway if she prefers tongue and groove construction.
Appreciate 5
upstatedoc7555.50
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
wrickem2101.00
      01-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #3031
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'd bet money she's not. She loves to fuck me & won't do a threesome
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 02:50 AM   #3032
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Into my gym into the ladies locker they'd placed a sign for voting a special sauna day just for them, even they have only a mixed sauna though…
Thats not fair to all paying members, so I let wifey add 14 dashes for NO on the board

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #3033
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
True, but it is also the official vehicle of mindless idiots who don't know how to drive and think they need AWD for snow, at least in New England.

Whenever I come up behind a slow ass driver who is swerving all over the road doing 10 mph under the speed limit, it's usually someone in a Forester trying their best.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #3034
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
10/2021 may be last time I drive a BMW, a long run from 2004 comes to a end.

not sure whats out there that i will like
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #3035
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
True, but it is also the official vehicle of mindless idiots who don't know how to drive and think they need AWD for snow, at least in New England.

Whenever I come up behind a slow ass driver who is swerving all over the road doing 10 mph under the speed limit, it's usually someone in a Forester trying their best.
Yeah, and their best usually isn't very good. I'm always on the lookout for that goofy Subaru emblem, and whenever I spot one ahead of me I immediately make a plan for getting around it. Between them and Prius drivers - and I'm really taking some liberties with that term - they're hands-down the pokiest and most over-cautious weenies on the road.
      01-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #3036
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
10/2021 may be last time I drive a BMW, a long run from 2004 comes to a end.

not sure whats out there that i will like
What's up? Lease end and nothing you like in the lineup?