BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

05-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #67
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Which is why i will humbly wait for either Avin to get it or it goes goes mainstream. Then again it all depends on my thirst level lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #68
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Another thing is I'm in Canada and if I were to buy from Avin, the final cost after the exchange rate wouldn't be that much different compared to 4x4 shop. I also didn't pay any handling fee

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #69
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

What does avin units offer over the ones found at aliexpress? Quality, processor, ram, screen? Customer service?
      05-30-2019, 06:59 AM   #70
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
Another thing is I'm in Canada and if I were to buy from Avin, the final cost after the exchange rate wouldn't be that much different compared to 4x4 shop. I also didn't pay any handling fee
Exchange rate? 4x4 has theirs marketed in USD. So exchange rate should have no effect and 4x4shop will still be much more expensive.

But again they are different units. Real question is longevity and screen quality.

I admit I ordered a set so hopefully it'll be here in a week or so and I'll be able to compare the 2 units. At least the screens as I'm sure the rest will be pretty transparent.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 08:17 AM   #71
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
What does avin units offer over the ones found at aliexpress? Quality, processor, ram, screen? Customer service?
A cheaper price and express shipping and familiarity among fellow members. Possible updates and faster returns on disputes on faulty units.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #72
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Well finally heard back from 4x4 after 3 days. It would appear that either they don't have the units in stock or they're building them per order cuz I was just told today the order would ship till next week. Then when I asked why they literally just repeated themselves without giving a reason. I asked if there was a back order or other delay cuz it's not listed in their website when ordering.

I was hoping to do a side by side comparison before having to return the Avin unit which only give you 14 days. That will be up for me next weekend so I have to return by Wednesday.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for 2 years of unhelpful responses lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #73
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Well finally heard back from 4x4 after 3 days. It would appear that either they don't have the units in stock or they're building them per order cuz I was just told today the order would ship till next week. Then when I asked why they literally just repeated themselves without giving a reason. I asked if there was a back order or other delay cuz it's not listed in their website when ordering.

I was hoping to do a side by side comparison before having to return the Avin unit which only give you 14 days. That will be up for me next weekend so I have to return by Wednesday.

2 things.
1. They do not continue communication if you haven't purchased a unit because like you said, they must of responded to about 2 of my emails. It's as if they're waisting their time by responding to legitimate concerns.

2. Found it on Aliexpress. And I've been searching and it probably was released within the last couple days.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302...2-793332a6586b
Attached Images

Last edited by SupersixM; 05-30-2019 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #74
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
Exchange rate? 4x4 has theirs marketed in USD. So exchange rate should have no effect and 4x4shop will still be much more expensive.

But again they are different units. Real question is longevity and screen quality.

I admit I ordered a set so hopefully it'll be here in a week or so and I'll be able to compare the 2 units. At least the screens as I'm sure the rest will be pretty transparent.
price is in CAD
Attached Images

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 06:36 PM   #75
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Really thinking about ordering 2 of these as well for the rears. Would like a write up on installation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #76
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

AvinUSA just inboxed me that they would have the units in June as well.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      05-31-2019, 10:41 AM   #77
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
Quote:

price is in CAD
Haha yes from the Canada side sure but they're prices are more expensive regardless. Lol

¢749 is still much more than Avin.
Attached Images

'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #78
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Quote:

2 things.
1. They do not continue communication if you haven't purchased a unit because like you said, they must of responded to about 2 of my emails. It's as if they're waisting their time by responding to legitimate concerns.

2. Found it on Aliexpress. And I've been searching and it probably was released within the last couple days.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302...2-793332a6586b
They don't do ANY communication. Nothing to continue it you've never started. They didn't replay to any of my prior requests for info on their product and took them 3 days after I actually ordered to respond to the other request for info.

It's just a poorly managed little shop. I'm sure they're nice people. Just a small operation with little support to handle simple emails. I'm sure they're super busy up there in Canadia.

Their website is also wonky. Can't load it properly in any browser on my phone which forced me to pull out my laptop and then when I created an account it wouldn't open my cart to let me make a purchase. But it would let me keep adding stuff.

I had to log out and then make the purchase as a guest to even get into the cart. Pretty ridiculous.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #79
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

I’ll just wait on AvinUsa. Even though I’m tempted to just buy it out right from Aliexpress. I could get the unit dvr cam and rear cam for less than $700. Just warranty would be a hassle. Avin is in Cali, so returns shouldn’t be a hassle. Can’t wait though to have Google Maps, Waze, Amazon Music, Kodi, and YouTube on my dash among other things.. I have one of those T-Mobile OBD2 Hotspots just waiting to turn back on. I give everything til June 30.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #80
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They don't do ANY communication. Nothing to continue it you've never started. They didn't replay to any of my prior requests for info on their product and took them 3 days after I actually ordered to respond to the other request for info.

It's just a poorly managed little shop. I'm sure they're nice people. Just a small operation with little support to handle simple emails. I'm sure they're super busy up there in Canadia.

Their website is also wonky. Can't load it properly in any browser on my phone which forced me to pull out my laptop and then when I created an account it wouldn't open my cart to let me make a purchase. But it would let me keep adding stuff.

I had to log out and then make the purchase as a guest to even get into the cart. Pretty ridiculous.
I got quicker response from China and AvinUsa as apposed to 4x4shop. Add to that these units are ALL purchased from Alibaba and Aliexpress. 4x4shop, AvinUsa and others are not financially and strategically equipped to design, manufacture and support these units from different models, years and manufacturers. Plain and simple.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #81
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Really thinking about ordering 2 of these as well for the rears. Would like a write up on installation.
Bought them for my rig and the kids love em!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #82
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Android or OEM?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 11:24 PM   #83
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Android or OEM?
Android but their made to look like OEMeven down to their support off the back of the seat but support way more options than OEM and are 4K video monitors.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 05:21 AM   #84
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Android but their made to look like OEMeven down to their support off the back of the seat but support way more options than OEM and are 4K video monitors.
Thats exactly what i want to do. But my seats are M seats so i don't know if it would work or if they mount the same way. Where did you get yours from? And you added a dvd player?

Does the rears function the same as the headunit?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #85
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thats exactly what i want to do. But my seats are M seats so i don't know if it would work or if they mount the same way. Where did you get yours from? And you added a dvd player?

Does the rears function the same as the headunit?
The head unit is still OEM, the monitors mount the same, as the seat backs I think are similar.

I got them off alibaba

And yes I mounted the alpine DVD player myself not to hard and lots of room back their for wires and modules.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      06-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #86
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The head unit is still OEM, the monitors mount the same, as the seat backs I think are similar.

I got them off alibaba

And yes I mounted the alpine DVD player myself not to hard and lots of room back their for wires and modules.

Looks good and again thanx for the info.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #87
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
New 720p screen and android 9.0 come in Tuesday. So fingers crossed it was worth the effort dealing with 4x4s lack of a GAF.

Definitely wish I just bought direct from aliexpress as my unit is coming direct from HK anyway lol. They led me to believe they did something with the units themselves. Stress tests and functionality blah blah blah. Told me the unit won't be available till June 13. Then I get a shipping notice from DHL account that I have an item coming from HK. What a joke that Canadian company is. They're just a middle man who is there to mark up the unit and make a profit. Definitely can't recommend using them especially for the cost given you can save a few $100 and get direct from aliexpress.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #88
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
New 720p screen and android 9.0 come in Tuesday. So fingers crossed it was worth the effort dealing with 4x4s lack of a GAF.

Definitely wish I just bought direct from aliexpress as my unit is coming direct from HK anyway lol. They led me to believe they did something with the units themselves. Stress tests and functionality blah blah blah. Told me the unit won't be available till June 13. Then I get a shipping notice from DHL account that I have an item coming from HK. What a joke that Canadian company is. They're just a middle man who is there to mark up the unit and make a profit. Definitely can't recommend using them especially for the cost given you can save a few $100 and get direct from aliexpress.
LMAO. You gotta be fking kidding me. Well, what do you expect when you shop for BMW HUs at a 4x4shop. Lol. You really was better off buying it yourself like you said and save some money. I see fraud fraud fraud written all over there business hence why I never dealt with them. And their markup is CRAZY. At least Avin looks more professional as a brand, even though they’re selling the SAME shit. And they ship from California. Shame on them. Avin said units should be here soon and prices should be close to current pricing. I’ll wait.
Appreciate 0