BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
aschmidt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5

replace dakota seat covers with nappa

After my Dakota cracking on the driver side and going to dealership and them ordering seat cover, I'm curious, how difficult is it to replace all Dakota seats with Nappa seat covers.

I've found the following website with part numbers, seems like Nappa Mocha parts can be bought:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=52_3856

I wanted to check if anybody replaced or went to a car interior service to get their seats replaced?

I've 2017 X5 with ventilated seats and Black Dakota with M package, if that's important
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschmidt View Post
After my Dakota cracking on the driver side and going to dealership and them ordering seat cover, I'm curious, how difficult is it to replace all Dakota seats with Nappa seat covers.

I've found the following website with part numbers, seems like Nappa Mocha parts can be bought:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=52_3856

I wanted to check if anybody replaced or went to a car interior service to get their seats replaced?

I've 2017 X5 with ventilated seats and Black Dakota with M package, if that's important
I had an Audi TT that I had recovered. It's a hassle believe me. I took apart the seats and brought the foam and the covers to the auto upholstery shop and they recovered them and steamed out the wrinkles. Don't take them to the dealer they either will take it to a shop and have them do it and charge you a premium or you'll get a half assed job and pay a premium. Take the parts to the professionals that do it everyday.

Anyway

I Reinstalled the parts and brought the car back to the Shop to have the rest worked out.

Not cheap but resets the clock.

Only did that because at 140k the leather was in terrible shape.

After a couple hot days in the car the seats looked factory fresh!

Mmmmmm new car smell ! Lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
aschmidt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5

Given another thread, https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ht=seat+cracks it appears that is a day job hence I'm curious if it's really that difficult to replace it?
Appreciate 0