BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-21-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

stock wheel offset

So I recently purchased a 2017 X5 M, what a great decision! I had been waiting to get an M2 CS and after seeing what BMW was going to ask for it I decided to walk away. I previously had an E70 with M sport and was pretty happy with it when I put some custom rims on it. I'd like to do the same with the F85 and for whatever reason the offset wasn't on the stock rim. Maybe I missed it but who cares. So my question is with the stock 20s what's the offset in the rear? I've seen +38 referenced but would just like to confirm offsets.

Thanks for any info guys, glad to be here

Also it's so nice to have the chrome off of the vehicle, already done ind front and rear badges, black grilles, black side grilles, and 20mm spacers.

Waiting in the garage f&r reflectors, progressive side markers, vft lowering springs
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
So I recently purchased a 2017 X5 M, what a great decision! I had been waiting to get an M2 CS and after seeing what BMW was going to ask for it I decided to walk away. I previously had an E70 with M sport and was pretty happy with it when I put some custom rims on it. I'd like to do the same with the F85 and for whatever reason the offset wasn't on the stock rim. Maybe I missed it but who cares. So my question is with the stock 20s what's the offset in the rear? I've seen +38 referenced but would just like to confirm offsets.

Also it's so nice to have the chrome off of the vehicle, already done ind front and rear badges, black grilles, black side grilles, and 20mm spacers.

Waiting in the garage f&r reflectors, progressive side markers, vft lowering springs
Congrats on your new toy and welcome aboard! Can't help you with the offsets, I'm sure someone can chime in with the info you need.

As far as VTF's are concerned, you should seriously consider KW V3 coil overs instead. Not only do you get infinite adjustability, most guys like the ride better than OEM. Just a thought
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
gman_newyork
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC   [0.00]
2018 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3 Non ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:

F85/F86 Wheel Spec
Front: 21x10 ET40
Rear: 21x11.5 ET38
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
WERND
Captain
Rep

If they're 20s are they the same offset?

I'd consider V3s but I like the adjustment from the button on the center console and use comfort a lot here in Iowa. I agree with how good KW are though, I have Clubsport on my ZHP
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
gman_newyork
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC   [0.00]
2018 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3 Non ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
If they're 20s are they the same offset?

I'd consider V3s but I like the adjustment from the button on the center console and use comfort a lot here in Iowa. I agree with how good KW are though, I have Clubsport on my ZHP
Same offset for 20" wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
WERND
Captain
Rep

Thanks
Appreciate 1