BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #45
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

You may try this Glucoach It will stabilize healthy glucose level and crank up your metabolism. My mom is a witness, she tried it and says it melts her fat. Also highly recommended when you over eat or consume a lot of alcohol. Pm me with other questions.

2011 535 iX lemoned
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #46
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
You may try this Glucoach It will stabilize healthy glucose level and crank up your metabolism. My mom is a witness, she tried it and says it melts her fat. Also highly recommended when you over eat or consume a lot of alcohol. Pm me with other questions.
Any prob with blood pressure,education or anti depressives?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #47
TheTurbonator
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Garage List
2013 135is  [0.00]
Go to a CrossFit gym. Buy a Paleo cookbook. Stop eating simple carbs and sugar. No sugar. Water = no sugar. Gatorade = sugar. Feed yourself like you fuel your car.

Hierarchy of importance:

1. NUTRITION
2. Exercise
3. Rest

Don't focus on a diet just don't eat shit food. Don't drink soda.....ever.......EVER! Start there dude.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #48
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawal View Post
Any prob with blood pressure,education or anti depressives?
No problems all safe, in fact your mood is getting better especially with Classic one.

2011 535 iX lemoned
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #49
uclavinh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Coupe

hey op, there's some sound advice on here and some... not so sound advice. I'll just throw my 2 cents in as well. not sure if you listened to what others have already said about your calories being way too low, but just to give you an idea, i'm 5'10" 180 and i'm cutting at 1350 cals. So your cal intake should be way higher. You may lose a ton of weight really quickly at 1300 cals... but once you eat just a little more, you'll start gaining weight again. Just eating a bunch of protein (to stay satiated longer) and keep carbs and sugars to a minimum... don't make it so complicated, at such a high weight, there is no need. Once you get down to a good weight, then you can worry about counting cals and getting in your macros and all that.

At this point, I'd recommend just walking for your cardio and start working compound lifts (dead lifts, bench, squats... etc), I'm a strong believer in heavy weight training. I maybe in the minority here but I believe that if you lift heavy, there's no real need for cardio...

Anyways, this is just my approach. There are many different ways to lose weight, most important thing is to educate yourself about how it all works, pick a method, and stick to it... be patient, this stuff doesn't happen overnight... and if it does, it won't last...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #50
OfficialBOLO
Captain
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i X-Drive MSport

Garage List
Hey man,

I dont usually post in threads like these but its very close to my heart. I lost 47 pounds this year since January 1st (first new years resolution I kept lol) and i couldnt feel better about myself. As others have mentioned, its not a diet change its a lifestyle change. I went from 225 to 178 and it took me a little over 8 months. Thats healthy, sustainable weight loss. Crash dieting and pills will leave you in a worse position than you were in before. trust me, iv been up to 235 and down to 175 a few times.

THERE ARE NO SECRETS, i repeat, NO SECRETS. Do research, look into muscle confusion (a technique that p90x and insanity use, however i am not a fan of either extreme calorie burning routine as it is, imho, not sustainable).

Diet is 80%, workout is 20%. Dont fool yourself into thinking its otherwise, and im being conservative with those figures. Also it is important to cheat or you will want to kill yourself. Hormone levels inevitably change when your diet changes drastically. Speak to a nutritionist/dietician and find out your Resting Metabolic Rate and work from there. Count calories. If you have an iPhone, download one of many apps (i use LoseIt!).

If you want any other tips, hit me up, i have been an inspiration to a lot of my friends but i couldnt have done it without the countless hours of research i did myself to get to where i am.

1995 Toyota Supra Single Turbo (for sale)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #51
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

SyL3nTFoRcE

If you can afford it, Order a M135i or somothing that has a 12+ weeks to get.

Set yourself the first target weight for that time period

Then you have the time it takes for the car to arrive to loose the weight you set yourself.

This gives you a goal to aim at and helps you stick to whatever weight loss programme you use. Reduce the food intake, do not remove food items (that only makes you crave it)

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #52
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

I need to lose weight too.. I used to be 150-180 now im at 221.

I have no motivation to go to the gym anymore... part of it is the meds I take (need to take ) cause weight gain, and they slow you down. So im getting like triple screwed.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #53
uclavinh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
SyL3nTFoRcE

If you can afford it, Order a M135i or somothing that has a 12+ weeks to get.

Set yourself the first target weight for that time period

Then you have the time it takes for the car to arrive to loose the weight you set yourself.

This gives you a goal to aim at and helps you stick to whatever weight loss programme you use. Reduce the food intake, do not remove food items (that only makes you crave it)

Good luck
Man... that'll be some crazy motivation right there!

I agree with getting the M135i... but I have to respectfully disagree with the not removing food items... it's pretty critical to be eating clean foods in order to properly nourish your body, and a caloric deficit only makes it that much more important to choose the correct foods.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #54
Sharon535
Iron Maiden
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i Jet Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurbonator View Post
Stop eating simple carbs and sugar. No sugar. Water = no sugar. Gatorade = sugar. Feed yourself like you fuel your car.

Hierarchy of importance:

1. NUTRITION
2. Exercise
3. Rest

Don't focus on a diet just don't eat shit food. Don't drink soda.....ever.......EVER! Start there dude.

Excellent advice!

I have lost over 40lbs since June by cutting out grains, starchy vegetables and sugars. No bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or any sugar whatsoever. Just meat, fish, poultry, eggs, salads and vegetables. And fat, lots of it!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #55
BMWluv
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

The very best way is to really eat good foods... Try to minimize carbs and processed food and eat as much as you want of it but just don't eat crap! Eventually your body will become used to the blander tastes and they will become easy to eat! Just work at eating better foods and the weigh will just start to fall off
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #56
Tarous
Registered
Rep
Drives: High speed

For losing weight exercise and diet both are important. If you want to lose weight then you must avoid oily food like burgers and pizza. Try to eat less but healthy food. You can also do exercise like running and jogging. Both are effective.
      11-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #57
Cecil
Rep
Drives: Honda

Hi SyL3nTFoRcE,
To lose 83 lbs break your meals in 5/6 small meals including snacks and prefer raw food over processed food. Increase your water intake, start drinking green tea and avoid beverages, soda and even diet soda. Do not eat late and before going to bed. Have enough sleep of 7/8 hours a day.
      11-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #58
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Read "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" by Lyle McDonald.
      01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #59
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Start with the seats, battery, and lighter wheels
      01-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #60
ricky22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

No doubt, that the best time to work out is morning if you intend to do yoga, or stretching movements a lot, since they require an empty stomach, and if you need to build muscle, you have to put in something at least an hour before workout for best results, but coming to your case ( if by now you haven't reached your target shape) my advice is to increase intake of water.

Workout in a heated room (little more than normal temp.) and include Chia seeds in your diet. That way, you will be gaining strength as you lose weight gradually. They need to be soaked in water before consuming. Good if they are available in your area, or you can go for a Chia gel by ordering online
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #61
e90335iftw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Go to the gym, start lifting, get on a calorie defict. You'll thank me later, trust me. I'll give you a work out schedule
Mon - Chest/Calves
Wed - Back/Biceps/Traps
Fri - Shoulders/Deltoids
Sat - Quads/Hamstrings

##ONLY EXERCISES YOU NEED TO DO##

Chest - Flat Barbell x3 - Incline Benchpress x3 - Slight Incline Dumbell Fly x3 - Burnout Pushups to Failure x1 - Seated Calf Raises x4

Back - Pendlay Barbekk Rows x3 - VBAR Attachment Pulldowns x3 - One-Arm Dumbell Rows x2 (Each Arm)

Shoulers/Triceps - Seated or Standing Military Press x4 - Standing Side Lateral Raises x3 (Eacg Arn) - Bodyweight Tricep Dips x3 - Tricep Pushdowns x3

Quads/Hamstrings - Seated Leg Extentions x2 - Laying Hamsring Curl x2 - Barbell Squat x3 - Deadlift x3

~ Crucuial Training Tips ~
- use pefect forn on all lifts ESPECIALLY - Squats, Deaadlifts, Military Press, Benchpress
- #1 focus should be to retain all strength on compound lifts - if possible try & get stronger
- lift between 5-12 reps - anything over is useless
- with ALL upprbody movements GUIDE with the elbows
- keep workout under 1hour if possible'

~ Crucual Diet Tips ~
- consune 0.75g of protein per lb of bodyweight
- bodyweight x 15 - 500 = calories consumed for cutting
- Healthy Fat are crucual for muscle buildig hormones - aim for atleast 70g of fats everyday

# AIM TO LOSE NO MORE THAN 2lbs A WEEK OR YOU WILL RISK LOSING MUSCLE #
# if you're eating between 1900-2200 calories a day cardio will not be necessary if you are trying to build muscle while losing fat
# DRINK ATLEAST 10 TALL GLASSES OF WATER EVERYDAY
# ONLY SUPPLEMENTS YOU NEED - Whey Protein, Creatine, Beta Alaninine, EC STACK FOR MAXIMAL FATLOSS (16mg Ephedribe, 20mg caffien) EC Stack taken direcly in the morning & id afternoon,

'

CONSISTENCY IS THE MOST CRUCUAL FACTOR IN LOSING WEIGT
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #62
e90335iftw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
So calories is really a big factor i never believed it honestly. It will be ahrd for me to keep a calorie count, ive been told at least 1000 a day? I know my hunger will want to eat greasy foods but i really am making a sacrafice. Im thinking running at the gym will help me, but with little upper body and lower body workouts, but mainly focusing on running.

I noticed that im really overweight and smoking is making it worse but quitting cold turkey will be difficult but im looking at the end of all this when im healthy

1000 calories a day!? DO NOT ONLY EAT 1000 calories a day. you're basically starving yourself.

Try to eat 1900-2200 calories a day. Use a calorie counter.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #63
myfly335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
dont go out much try to avoid it st8 up gym and diet i lost a 100lbs by just that 5 days a week in the gym for 3-4 hrs start off slow like 1-2 hrs daily go by the 80\20 ratio 80 be good 20 cheat give up most carbs and watch your cals
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #64
MMMCOOKIES55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP/ '16 ATS-V

What worked for me was the Paleo Diet and joining Crossfit gym. I started at 300 a year and a half ago, now i'm down to 195. Read through this, it's not for everyone, it's like alot of people said on here, a lifestyle change but it worked for me.

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #65
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
You've got so much advice already your head's probably spinning. The bottom line is 'go with what you can persist with'. I'm probably similar to you in many ways:
  1. I too found it problematic sticking to a diet for a long time
  2. I love my food!
  3. I hate doing exercise for exercise's sake
  4. Counting calories confuses the hell out of me

However, the NHS here in the UK runs a pretty good scheme to help people lose weight. It's not about restricting what you eat per se - more around reducing overall volume to match your activity.

Everyone's right that your activity has to be greater than your intake to lose weight. But the sustainable way of STARTING to do this:
  1. You need to reduce your stomach size - basically you eat too much. You want to eat something so bad you wolf it down in seconds. Get away from that - start to really taste your food and figure out what you love to eat & don't avoid it - embrace it. Just eat it alot slower. Chew your food like 30 times before swallowing. Drink water between mouthfuls so you taste the food properly each time. read or watch the stuff by Paul McKenna called 'I can make you thin'. I'm not a fan of hypnotists but this isn't hypnotism - it's simple logic. If you love food then really taste it and take your time over it and chew it well. That alone makes a HUGE difference. Do this for at least 2-3 weeks and your stomach will shrink and you'll automatically feel fuller with less food.
  2. You need to keep your general metabolism going higher. Once you get going with the first point, then you'll find yourself getting hungrier. Make sure you don't leave too long a gap between eating things - then you'll get overhungry and you'll over-eat. Breakfast, lunch, dinner - and maybe 1 snack between each of those. This should get your body generally more active and burning calories without you even doing anything special - ever wondered how some people can do no exercise and eat all they want but not get fat - similar concept. Try to eat dinner early - like 6-7pm and then not eat anything horrible in the evening. If you have to have desserts etc then do it in the daytime, so your body has time to process it properly. As soon as you hit the sack, it's going to fat!
  3. You need to keep a food diary and spot what you're doing right/wrong. It's not calorie counting, but it's close. Once you're getting the hang of point 1, you need to balance your diet. Increase your veg/fruit intake to match your meats. Decrease your meats & carbs drastically. Decrease fats and dairy too. This is easily said by everyone but the way to do it is only eat the things you love and eat it slow - that way you WILL reduce these things. Your food diary will keep you honest and track how your weight changes week to week with your efforts on what food you've eaten.

I'm no guru, but this is what's worked for me. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #66
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

HUGE UPDATE: So far i lost 50lbs i was at 330 back in DEC 2012 its March 2013 and im 280lbs but this is only dieting not exercise just recently i started excercising about 45min a day 10 min start running the rest on upper or lower and mid then another 10 min of running.

I am srry for the late response but now i have also started taking vitamins and a small amount of protien shakes to subsitute food sometimes.

Hopefully by end of april ill lose another 30lbs
Appreciate 0