BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #375
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

So, I just called the 800# and found out something I suspected but had not confirmed yet. While all along so far the reps I spoke with gave me the impression the car should be on its way, the guy I just spoke to confirmed that had it actually left the processing center, it would show a status of 'in-transit,' not still show as released for carrier. Pretty obvious, but everyone I've spoken to since it was released for carrier on Wednesday led me to believe it should actually be in-transit already.

Now, I suspected with it being released the day before Thanksgiving it may not actually leave until after the holiday, but I'm thinking now I did in fact lose a whole week because of Thanksgiving, since it was released and never left. Would love to know why my dealer was told it was coming last weekend though. Somewhat encouraging is that it shows released, not just at the VPC. I'm assuming/hoping that means there are no actual issues with the car and it's just a trucking delay because of the holiday.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #376
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
So, I just called the 800# and found out something I suspected but had not confirmed yet. While all along so far the reps I spoke with gave me the impression the car should be on its way, the guy I just spoke to confirmed that had it actually left the processing center, it would show a status of 'in-transit,' not still show as released for carrier. Pretty obvious, but everyone I've spoken to since it was released for carrier on Wednesday led me to believe it should actually be in-transit already.

Now, I suspected with it being released the day before Thanksgiving it may not actually leave until after the holiday, but I'm thinking now I did in fact lose a whole week because of Thanksgiving, since it was released and never left. Would love to know why my dealer was told it was coming last weekend though. Somewhat encouraging is that it shows released, not just at the VPC. I'm assuming/hoping that means there are no actual issues with the car and it's just a trucking delay because of the holiday.
At least it's actually built and heading your way imminently?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #377
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
Should be, yeah. I was half expecting a delay because of the holiday, until they gave me an (obviously incorrect) estimate of 12/1 despite the holiday.. maybe it was a computer issue, they just didn't have anything to account for it in their estimate. Oh well.

Truth is, it also could have left the VPC and the system just wasn't updated yet, or something may have happened. I guess I won't know until it gets here, or doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #378
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
Should be, yeah. I was half expecting a delay because of the holiday, until they gave me an (obviously incorrect) estimate of 12/1 despite the holiday.. maybe it was a computer issue, they just didn't have anything to account for it in their estimate. Oh well.

Truth is, it also could have left the VPC and the system just wasn't updated yet, or something may have happened. I guess I won't know until it gets here, or doesn't.
You'll have it by the end of the week.

Expecting lots of pics!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #379
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3
You'll have it by the end of the week.

Expecting lots of pics!
That would be nice! We have a holiday party this weekend that would be a lot more tolerable if I can drive the new car to and fro...!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #380
Blackbreath
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Range Rover HSE

I placed my order in mid Nov. and am still very unsure of my package choices (or lack thereof)
Here is what I ordered:
xDrive50i w/M Sport Line
20" 469M Wheels
Carbon Black Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Aluminium Trim
Dynamic Handling Package

From various articles I read reviewing the 2014 X5, most seemed to speak incredibly highly of the Dynamic Handling Package but when I see a lot of the builds here it is missing. This made me second guess if it really is as important of an option as I thought. My budget is already stretched beyond what I wanted to spend and upon reading a lot on this very helpful forum, I now really would like to have the Driver Assistance Plus and Executive Packages but to get those I will need to find a pot of gold OR remove the Dynamic Handling Package.

Apologies if this is post is not in the correct place, I did a search for a Dynamic Handling Package-specific thread but didn't find one.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #381
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbreath View Post
I placed my order in mid Nov. and am still very unsure of my package choices (or lack thereof)
Here is what I ordered:
xDrive50i w/M Sport Line
20" 469M Wheels
Carbon Black Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Aluminium Trim
Dynamic Handling Package

From various articles I read reviewing the 2014 X5, most seemed to speak incredibly highly of the Dynamic Handling Package but when I see a lot of the builds here it is missing. This made me second guess if it really is as important of an option as I thought. My budget is already stretched beyond what I wanted to spend and upon reading a lot on this very helpful forum, I now really would like to have the Driver Assistance Plus and Executive Packages but to get those I will need to find a pot of gold OR remove the Dynamic Handling Package.

Apologies if this is post is not in the correct place, I did a search for a Dynamic Handling Package-specific thread but didn't find one.

IMHO it's unnecessary unless you intend to drive around like your on a LeMans circuit ....
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #382
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Here is what I ordered:
xDrive50i w/M Sport Line
20" 469M Wheels
Carbon Black Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Aluminium Trim
Dynamic Handling Package

I heard the repairs for this is not cheap, mind you I have not seen many threads where this was an issue. Also, there maybe some warranty limitations on this as some of it is a wear and tear item.

Many swear by it. The suspension options in DHP are more varied than MSport. I think DHP would be a better option choice for a non 5000 pound behemoth.

Many in UK choose DHP as the roads are potty or have tram lines. So if you take the good roads you should not be excessively jarred without DHP.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #383
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My timeline so far:

xDrive 35i M sport, Mineral White / Terra / Aluminum Hexagon, premium package, back-up camera, rear comfort seats, rear window shades:

11/5 - order placed
11/8 - 112 status "scheduled for daily production pack"
11/18 - 150 - "in production," estimated completion date 12/2
11/25 - body shop, estimated completion date updated to 11/27

remains to be seen if/how Thanksgiving will interfere with transport, but it's looking like it should be here next week, barring a lost week due to the holiday.. Either way, should line us up for the December program, though I don't have high hopes it will change at all from November.
In the paint shop! (per the 800#, chances are it's really in final assembly now). Shows up on bmwarchive.org now with options.. and a production date of TODAY. Talk about real-time..
Released to carrier! Estimated arrival at dealership Sunday, 12/1!!

If that holds, we should be able to pick up Tuesday or Wednesday!
After a week sitting at the VPC waiting for a truck, our X5 is in transit! Looks like it left yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #384
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 M50i

My dealer just told me the production time on my 5.0 M Sport will be longer than anticipated as the factory is running low on certain options (not sure which particular options are causing the delay). I pretty much ordered my car fully loaded except for the night vision and B&O sound system. Ordered it mid November, expected ETA January sometime.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #385
Blackbreath
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Range Rover HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
My dealer just told me the production time on my 5.0 M Sport will be longer than anticipated as the factory is running low on certain options (not sure which particular options are causing the delay). I pretty much ordered my car fully loaded except for the night vision and B&O sound system. Ordered it mid November, expected ETA January sometime.
I have the same ETA on my 50i M Sport order, Bigtop and my CA said it was due to the production of the wheels being backed up. I am kind of glad though because I have changed my order 2x already and probably will again this weekend after I go in to see a fully loaded example that arrives Saturday before the customer picks it up.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #386
Michiganian
Private
Rep
Drives: Current:Z4

My dealer says he just had a 35d order accepted for the January build (which will be the first month for USA diesels. Mine is next in line, so will hopefully be accepted in January and built in February.
      12-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #387
F15Diesel
Rep
Drives: F15 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15Diesel View Post
Wanted Diesel [MPG] and Traffic Jam Assist [Daily Kennedy Expressway Commute] so waiting til 12/13 build

Luxury Line
Sparkling Brown Metallic
Mocha Dakota Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
20" Light alloy Y-Spoke wheels style 451-with performance run-flat tires [Think this looks better than M Sport for less $]
3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension [4 kids]
Harman Kardon surround sound system
ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
Rear-view camera

uploading pictures
Well, no TJA and more than a month later than expected, but we now have a Production Number and schedule for 4th week in Jan. Almost worth waiting for 2015 at this point, but I'm staying the course. Should be fun when it gets here!

Last edited by F15Diesel; 12-05-2013 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #388
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

^F15 Diesel.
I too wanted & did not get TJA. I had to wait 90 days, used the time to modify order. Spare tire is not available in Canada, yes the area is now finished underneath, some say smaller. But I got Speed Limit Info, that pop up on HUD is one of my top 4 features. The others being, Lane departure, blind spot warning and ACC. Truly worthy of the wait and a real pleasure to drive. This features missing on the F25 leaves any empty drive. The safety features are superb, especially blind spot.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #389
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My timeline so far:

xDrive 35i M sport, Mineral White / Terra / Aluminum Hexagon, premium package, back-up camera, rear comfort seats, rear window shades:

11/5 - order placed
11/8 - 112 status "scheduled for daily production pack"
11/18 - 150 - "in production," estimated completion date 12/2
11/25 - body shop, estimated completion date updated to 11/27

remains to be seen if/how Thanksgiving will interfere with transport, but it's looking like it should be here next week, barring a lost week due to the holiday.. Either way, should line us up for the December program, though I don't have high hopes it will change at all from November.
In the paint shop! (per the 800#, chances are it's really in final assembly now). Shows up on bmwarchive.org now with options.. and a production date of TODAY. Talk about real-time..
Released to carrier! Estimated arrival at dealership Sunday, 12/1!!

If that holds, we should be able to pick up Tuesday or Wednesday!
After a week sitting at the VPC waiting for a truck, our X5 is in transit! Looks like it left yesterday.
Car coming in tomorrow, picking up Monday!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #390
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Car coming in tomorrow, picking up Monday!!
Hooray! Get some pictures up ASAP so we can all make our final decisions!
There's no rush to drive your new toy.... just pull 'er into the lot and break out the camera!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #391
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg
Hooray! Get some pictures up ASAP so we can all make our final decisions!
There's no rush to drive your new toy.... just pull 'er into the lot and break out the camera!
Lol. Don't worry, I usually snap a few while I wait for the plates and paperwork.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #392
usta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M8,G80, Raptor R, GT500

Enjoy, the new car, too bad you didn't get it in time for your party.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #393
Sean_250
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: X5 30D SE

Just ordered our new X5

3.0d SE
Imperial Blue
Mocha Dakota with Fineline
Dynamic Pack
LED Lights
and a few other bits

Dealer will place the order on Monday for a March delivery.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #394
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Just got confirmation of my production number! Week 5 next year at the moment, but there's always hope it'll get pulled earlier.

Driving my CA slightly crazy with interior indecision, but I think I've made a finally final call now. Probably.

xDrive 50i M-Sport
Sapphire Black with Mocha Nappa (was that or Ivory/Black with Nappa Dash)
Aluminum Hexagon
20" Rims
Executive, Cold Weather, Driver Assist Plus w/ ACC Stop and Go, Lighting, Dynamic Handling, Park Assist, Ventilated Seats, 4-zone climate.

So, just the ~10 weeks to wait now then. Argh!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #395
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 M50i

Quote:
I have the same ETA on my 50i M Sport order, Bigtop and my CA said it was due to the production of the wheels being backed up. I am kind of glad though because I have changed my order 2x already and probably will again this weekend after I go in to see a fully loaded example that arrives Saturday before the customer picks it up.
Thanks for the info. I did order mine with 20" rims also, which probably explains it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #396
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg
Just got confirmation of my production number! Week 5 next year at the moment, but there's always hope it'll get pulled earlier.

Driving my CA slightly crazy with interior indecision, but I think I've made a finally final call now. Probably.

xDrive 50i M-Sport
Sapphire Black with Mocha Nappa (was that or Ivory/Black with Nappa Dash)
Aluminum Hexagon
20" Rims
Executive, Cold Weather, Driver Assist Plus w/ ACC Stop and Go, Lighting, Dynamic Handling, Park Assist, Ventilated Seats, 4-zone climate.

So, just the ~10 weeks to wait now then. Argh!
Congrats!
Appreciate 0