dibs on the brakes...haha JK
Gone: E92 335i N54 468rwtq
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #24
crabapple555
Private
Rep
Drives: A6 & F15

Sorry to hear about this, It looks pretty bad for 10mph crash. Hopefully, it can be fixed assuming it there are no frame issues.

Just curious, did your build have the driver assistance package? if so, would that have intervened?

Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 05:41 AM   #25
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple555 View Post

Just curious, did your build have the driver assistance package? if so, would that have intervened?

Keep us posted.
Good question. Didn’t dawn on me until you asked and am curious as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 12:03 AM   #26
edb4164
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple555 View Post
Sorry to hear about this, It looks pretty bad for 10mph crash. Hopefully, it can be fixed assuming it there are no frame issues.

Keep us posted.
Yes sir! It does have the driver assistance package. It did not intervene at all which I was quite surprised. My only thought is because the impact was the corner of the car and the concrete structure was only about 16” high. That system has not only warned me but engaged the breaks before when driving with cars in front of me if it does not feel I can stop in time. However, I have come close before this accident to pulling very tightly to things and the system not intervening. I’m wondering if a certain speed has to be achieved before it engages. Also, it’s supposed to have pedestrian detection and people have ran out in front of me in parking lots, side roads etc. and the system never intervened for that either.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 11:08 AM   #27
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

So how is the repair process going?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #28
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edb4164 View Post
Yes sir! It does have the driver assistance package. It did not intervene at all which I was quite surprised. My only thought is because the impact was the corner of the car and the concrete structure was only about 16” high. That system has not only warned me but engaged the breaks before when driving with cars in front of me if it does not feel I can stop in time. However, I have come close before this accident to pulling very tightly to things and the system not intervening. I’m wondering if a certain speed has to be achieved before it engages. Also, it’s supposed to have pedestrian detection and people have ran out in front of me in parking lots, side roads etc. and the system never intervened for that either.

Mines dosent engage at all either. Makes a shit load of noise when i tailgate but no slow down. I have slow rolled almost into something before and no warning. So yeah. You have to be going a certain speed and no, its not reliable.
Appreciate 0