BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-14-2024, 07:56 PM   #23
Nate11
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i f15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktree View Post
Oil filter housing gasket. Very common to leak.
Thank you so much. I was wondering because it said To add coolant, so I opened up the reservoir and I saw all that stuff in there that was like vanilla paste. I have a little 12 oil pump so I keep adding that blue BMW antifreeze and then I suck all of everything out and I have almost all of that stuff out now. Will continue to accumulate or can I just keep driving it the way I have been?
I really really appreciate your help too but I have one other question. I’m not trying to be a pain. Since I discovered this problem, mornings my temperature gauge on my car won’t go off of cold and the air is cold, but on my scan, it says the coolant is 108°C. The fan starts running like crazy and then as soon as I turn it off and clear the codes, then it acts normal and the temperature gauge will start to heat up in my skin to in the live values part will say that it’s like 80°C which matches up to what it says in the dashboard temperature gauge. Would this be a bad thermostat? I know the water pump works because I can turn the ignition on and hold the gas pal down for 10 seconds to bleed it and I see the water pump working when I do that so I didn’t know if this other issue was related to thestuff mixed in with the coolant or what do you think the problem might be? I really really really appreciate your help you you have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:57 PM   #24
Nate11
Registered
Rep

Is the oil filter housing gasket something that I could fix or do I need to take it to a shop? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:28 PM   #25
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate11 View Post
Is the oil filter housing gasket something that I could fix or do I need to take it to a shop? Thank you.
There's diy videos on YouTube. It's not too hard to do. I'd definitely fix it asap. Having oil in the coolant system, isn't good.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 09:09 PM   #26
Nate11
Registered
Rep

Thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 08:54 AM   #27
srybicki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 98 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Those hybrid systems are a nightmare unless it’s Toyota or Honda.

I always tell people to get a warranty as long as possible.

Bravo.

Definitely not true, have 2 BMW Phev vehicles and one jeep with out any hybrid issues in 7 years and over 120k miles now on highest mileage vehicle and close to 250k miles on total.
Appreciate 0