BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-27-2022, 08:10 PM   #1
Frankshank
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30D F15

X5 F15 DSC issue or not?

Hi, I hoping to get some advice. I recently took my BMW X5 F15 to the BMW service centre to look at all the warning lights that started appearing and I was told that the DSC Control Unit needed to be replaced. I had no choice but believe them and proceed with the expensive task of replacing it with a new unit; however after replacement the warning signals still appeared and I was told that they investigating further. A day later I was advised that there was short circuit with the wiring and now it is all working fine. Is it fair for me to suspect that DSC unit did not require replacement and it was a wiring issue all along? BMW service claims the short circuit was related to the replacement procedure. Should I believe that? Does anybody her have experience with changing the DSC unit and if so is there any possibility of wiring issues to occur due to the replacement procedure?Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0