BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2022, 05:12 PM   #1
Shuasha
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 w/S54, F15 50i

Inconsistant A/C

My '16 X50i is intermittently having the air conditioning work and not work very randomly. It will work for a few days, then decide to fail for minutes/hours/days then work again for a few minutes/hours/days.

I've seen before where the magnetic clutch can fail, causing the A/C to stop working. Has anybody had this happen intermittently? Most of what I've read says that when it fails it fails.

I'm getting a stored code for the control line either being shorted or open when this happens so I'm fairly certain it's not one of the other million things that can cause the A/C to not work.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 02:49 PM   #2
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Not the exact same thing, but my defrost only work intermittently awhile back. It was like it would blow out real hard, then start sucking like a vacuum. I changed my cabin air filter and that did the trick. Not saying this will fix your issue, but if it's been awhile I'd change your filter and then go from there. The cabin air filter I removed was very dirty, obviously impeding air flow.
Appreciate 0