BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #1
5x
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Got a ticket for a loaner...

While my x5 was in the shop, they gave me a x1 as a loaner (which sucked). Anyways, I get a ticket in the mail for 50 bucks, but it looks like a sedan. I go online to pay it and I watch the video, and it is a sedan. I contacted the dealer and spoke with the rep who handles the loaners, apparently this happens sometimes, I accidentally got the ticket instead of that person. My guess is the dealer swapped plates and one of their workers used the car and got the ticket? Why else would they not have registered the plates temporarily under the other person? I would think that is something VERY important. Or maybe what they're saying is true, maybe there was a mix up.

I go and pick up my car today and I asked if it was taken care of. Shes like oh, the other person will pay for it, but I'm not sure if it will be paid under you. I strictly told her I do not want this ticket under my name and she needs to reach out to the city to get this sorted.

I'm thinking if I should trust her to do her job and get this sorted out without paying for the ticket under my name. Or put in a hearing on the website and explain my situation there. But I don't want to step on peoples toes if they are going to take care of it, at the same time, she doesn't leave me with any faith that she will even take care of it. I feel like she is just going to pay for it the ticket under my name. But she did tell me she will reach out to them on Monday because today was "you know Friday".
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
MH20jy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x View Post
While my x5 was in the shop, they gave me a x1 as a loaner (which sucked). Anyways, I get a ticket in the mail for 50 bucks, but it looks like a sedan. I go online to pay it and I watch the video, and it is a sedan. I contacted the dealer and spoke with the rep who handles the loaners, apparently this happens sometimes, I accidentally got the ticket instead of that person. My guess is the dealer swapped plates and one of their workers used the car and got the ticket? Why else would they not have registered the plates temporarily under the other person? I would think that is something VERY important. Or maybe what they're saying is true, maybe there was a mix up.

I go and pick up my car today and I asked if it was taken care of. Shes like oh, the other person will pay for it, but I'm not sure if it will be paid under you. I strictly told her I do not want this ticket under my name and she needs to reach out to the city to get this sorted.

I'm thinking if I should trust her to do her job and get this sorted out without paying for the ticket under my name. Or put in a hearing on the website and explain my situation there. But I don't want to step on peoples toes if they are going to take care of it, at the same time, she doesn't leave me with any faith that she will even take care of it. I feel like she is just going to pay for it the ticket under my name. But she did tell me she will reach out to them on Monday because today was "you know Friday".
Is it a red light ticket? You'd better write a dispute letter to the city and explain the details.
      04-02-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
5x
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH20jy View Post
Is it a red light ticket? You'd better write a dispute letter to the city and explain the details.
It was a speed camera ticket. No points, but doing 38 in a 25. If you get a few of those in 12 months I think you get some penalty. I don't want it under my name either way. Like I said I told the rep that at BMW and she said she will reach out Monday. I'm just debating if I should go on the website myself and just request a hearing and dispute it all.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #4
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Where was that?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 07:07 AM   #5
5x
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Where was that?
NYC.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #6
BMWofVS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
NYC camera violations

Just an FYI if you’re worried about insurance or points.

“Unlike a traditional speeding ticket, the speed camera violation is not made part of the operating record of the person receiving the violation with the Department of Motor Vehicles nor is it used for insurance purposes. This means there are no points accrued to a driver’s license for a violation issued by a speed camera.”

But curious which dealer in nyc?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #7
vinnyidol
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X6M

Those tickets will not have any points under your drivers license.

As a matter a fact, that ticket won't even have your name on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 01:47 PM   #8
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post