BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 6MT e92 M3.

Mppk install?

Does anyone one know (first hand), of a dealership in the Pacific North West that will install the MPPK? Preferably one that will let me buy the MPPK and have them install it, BUT I'd still be interested in buying it from them and having them install it..

I just want to know if anyone in this area has personally had it done, who they went to and what to expect cost wise.

I have sent a few emails off this morning to local stealerships. Waiting to here back.

thank you!

Fyi, I am located in Beaverton Oregon. Willing to travel up into Washington if need be.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

BMW Northwest installed MPPK for me and I had purchased it online. I did buy my X6 from them so that might make a difference. I don't remember what I paid but it was reasonable based on my research at the time. A phone call would work better than an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_e92 View Post
Does anyone one know (first hand), of a dealership in the Pacific North West that will install the MPPK? Preferably one that will let me buy the MPPK and have them install it, BUT I'd still be interested in buying it from them and having them install it..

I just want to know if anyone in this area has personally had it done, who they went to and what to expect cost wise.

I have sent a few emails off this morning to local stealerships. Waiting to here back.

thank you!

Fyi, I am located in Beaverton Oregon. Willing to travel up into Washington if need be.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:18 PM   #3
JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
BMW Northwest installed MPPK for me and I had purchased it online. I did buy my X6 from them so that might make a difference. I don't remember what I paid but it was reasonable based on my research at the time. A phone call would work better than an email.

Thanks George!

I will give them a call today as well and see what they can do for me. I purchased my X5 here at Portland BMW. I will be calling today on my lunch break to follow up on the email I send them.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

**UPDATE**

A reputable shop (AR Auto Serive), here in Lake Oswego that I've gone to many times for my M3 has confirmed that they can install this software. I was quoted $225 for install which is a bit higher than I was hoping for, seeing as other members have gotten $50-$100 installation before in other states. But I am buying the MPPK from getbmwparts.com for $975 and that should put me at $1,200 when its all said and done.

I has hoping for at least $1,100 or less but I genuinely trust this shop and have always had a great a experience with them so I will bite the $125 bullet and get it done!

Will update when its installed as well
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 05:23 PM   #5
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

A lot of OP bought the MPPK from a forum member for $675. The getbmwparts is a bit high
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 07:31 PM   #6
JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewlock View Post
A lot of OP bought the MPPK from a forum member for $675. The getbmwparts is a bit high
I just searched all the through the threads and did not have any luck finding this. Can you point me in the right direction if you know who it was selling it at that cost?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #7
yewlock
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...highlight=mppk

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...highlight=mppk

He keep increased price when stock getting thinner
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 01:00 PM   #8
JayR_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I sent a pm! Thank you for that. From other comments on that thread it looks like users have had a difficult time getting a hold of op.. But a couple users commented they had received there's and everything was legit.

Hope this works out, thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #9
kinkin80
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 X5

Remote Install MPPK

Quote:
Hi, I am new to the forums (Well not that new since I lost my previous account). Do you know someone that can remotely install MPPK? I am in West Palm Beach, Florida and none of the dealerships around me have a clue of what the MPPK is and how to install it.
Appreciate 0