BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-23-2018, 02:37 AM   #1
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

20" Pirelli P Zero out of stock

I have been searching all over (Bahrain & Saudi Arabia) for replacement P zero tires with no luck. most pirelli dealers don't even see this tire size in their system. The X5M is already a rare(ish) car here and those with 20 wheels are the minority. So i guess its a rare tire with very small production.

My only choice is to order them from the factory and wait months and pay an insane price, or try to fit a different size tire from another brand.

My question is, can anyone recommend a high performance summer tire that I can fit on the 20" wheels with no problems or loss of performance?'

I know some here replace the P zeros with all season tires, but in my country it would be a waste to get all seasons and compromise on performance.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireSea...rDiameter=17#0

Tirerack has them in stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #3
ajob
Lieutenant
Monaco
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Last year I had the same problem for my X5 M in Central Europe but finally found four 20" Pirelli tyres in another country.

When installed, the car vibrated: wheel balance was checked ok, but one new tyre was ovalized, Pirelli verified and took back all four tyres... but then reimbursed the money without supplying new ones, and I could not find them elsewhere.

My BMW agent was very helpful and sold me four new 21" X5 M rims at a great discount. I then bought 21" Michelin tyres and by this accident I now have a much improved car!

It turns out that 21" Michelins are far better handling than 20" Pirellis and it is a pity I did not know this when I bought the new car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
bbal
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 E46M3, 10 E93, 17 F85

I have the Continental Contisport extreme on my 20". I haven't noticed a drop in performance. They are about 1cm more narrow front and rear.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
supersanj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi

I ended up just buying 21" wheels, but I was going to purchase Michelin PS4s (new version of the Pilot Super Sport) for my 20s. They aren't made in the 285/325 setup, but there's a Porsche spec version in 275/315 made for the Cayenne. I'm running 275/315 all seasons right now on my stock 20" wheels and even though they're narrower than the stock tires they don't look any skinnier. This should all be on tire rack if you put in the sizes.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 01:13 AM   #6
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Thanks, but I don't think tire rack can ship internationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajob View Post
Last year I had the same problem for my X5 M in Central Europe but finally found four 20" Pirelli tyres in another country.

When installed, the car vibrated: wheel balance was checked ok, but one new tyre was ovalized, Pirelli verified and took back all four tyres... but then reimbursed the money without supplying new ones, and I could not find them elsewhere.

My BMW agent was very helpful and sold me four new 21" X5 M rims at a great discount. I then bought 21" Michelin tyres and by this accident I now have a much improved car!

It turns out that 21" Michelins are far better handling than 20" Pirellis and it is a pity I did not know this when I bought the new car.
That's another option if the 21" wheels weren't so expensive at the dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbal View Post
I have the Continental Contisport extreme on my 20". I haven't noticed a drop in performance. They are about 1cm more narrow front and rear.
These seem to be new tires and still not available in my country, I will keep an eye out for them. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersanj View Post
I ended up just buying 21" wheels, but I was going to purchase Michelin PS4s (new version of the Pilot Super Sport) for my 20s. They aren't made in the 285/325 setup, but there's a Porsche spec version in 275/315 made for the Cayenne. I'm running 275/315 all seasons right now on my stock 20" wheels and even though they're narrower than the stock tires they don't look any skinnier. This should all be on tire rack if you put in the sizes.
This seems to be the best option for me, downgrading in size and getting the Michelins if they fit the wheels fine
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0